Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the info guys I'll keep an eye out and buy some tickets a few days before the game. Will be doing the same for the Blues Cats game at docklands on Sat night and will def go reserved seating for the Pies Crows game.

For all the issues we have here. EPL has a different mindset

Spurs are playing a season at wembley, 80k capacity, but are restricting away fans to 3000

Even the smallest EPL grounds allocate 2000

EDIT More is coming to light. The local council have limited spurs home crowds at wembley to 50k

They have rules on the number of tickets that must be held aside for away fans in the EPL and away fans must get the lesser of 10% of the grounds capacity or 3,000 at a minimum. They can get more than this as this is only a minimum, but not sure how many clubs give out more. That's why somewhere like Burnley gives out 2,000 tickets to away fans as the capacity is around 20,000.

They have rules on the number of tickets that must be held aside for away fans in the EPL and away fans must get the lesser of 10% of the grounds capacity or 3,000 at a minimum. They can get more than this as this is only a minimum, but not sure how many clubs give out more. That's why somewhere like Burnley gives out 2,000 tickets to away fans as the capacity is around 20,000.
So essentially, you must give 10% of your ground to the away team up to 3000 seats?

So essentially, you must give 10% of your ground to the away team up to 3000 seats?

Think of it as if the capacity is over 30,000 you must give a minimum of 3,000 to away fans. If the capacity is under 30,000 you must give a minimum of 10% of capacity. So Burnley which holds 20,000 must give 2,000 to away fans and Manchester United with capacity of 75,000 must give 3,000.

Think of it as if the capacity is over 30,000 you must give a minimum of 3,000 to away fans. If the capacity is under 30,000 you must give a minimum of 10% of capacity. So Burnley which holds 20,000 must give 2,000 to away fans and Manchester United with capacity of 75,000 must give 3,000.

Quite similar to what the Eagles, Dockers and i imagine the SA teams do, maybe even the Swans.

GE seats must be put aside for opposition fans and members cant buy out the entire stadium.

Hey guys. After some help.

Want to get reserved seats as close as possible to the Saints race in the Round 23 game against the Tigers.

From my recollection, the player races are at M37 and M42. I think the Saints are likely to be at M37 as Richmond are the home team.

Can anyone confirm or provide with my accurate info?

I usually sit in the MCC for the Saints games but want to be close to the race given highly likely it's Rooey's last game

Hey guys. After some help.

Want to get reserved seats as close as possible to the Saints race in the Round 23 game against the Tigers.

From my recollection, the player races are at M37 and M42. I think the Saints are likely to be at M37 as Richmond are the home team.

Can anyone confirm or provide with my accurate info?

I usually sit in the MCC for the Saints games but want to be close to the race given highly likely it's Rooey's last game
M37 will be the Saint's race.

Anyone know what’s going on here with the seats? Looks like they might be changing the layout of the colors.

B5F9A5EC-A3A7-4373-A91A-70594638C070.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

115,000 would be more ideal but hard to see where the extra space going to come from.
Same place it was at ANZ

1024px-Womens-long-jump-final.jpg

That place is s**t for football.

Great, has nothing to do with the MCG.

Lots of people say "The MCG only gets full once a year"

How often is it due to the MCC and AFL Members?

Guarantee if MCG held 115,000 you'd get several over 100,000. Dreamtime, Anzac Day, Richmond's 3 finals.

Every time the G has got 80k it would push 100k with an extra 15,000 seats. When people hear the crowd's going to be near capacity, they don't go. When the public tickets sell out, they don't go. Give the stadium 15k public seats, 95k would become the new 80k.

95k would become the new 80k.

95K has been the new 115K since about 1984....which was first time I experienced a grand final with under 100K there. Before then 105K to 115K was a normal MCG grand final crowd. They just do not allow so much standing room anymore.
What we had today is about the limit in recent decades.

Last edited:
MCG security under scrutiny again.

Apparently they tried to stop some members of the Rainbow Crows from waving their flags because ‘they’re not in team colours’. The flags are a combination of the Crows colours and rainbow colours, and have been used at the MCG in the past.

Some 20 minutes mate, some more apologetic security guards returned and said the flags were fine.

I guess the crowd was so well behaved yesterday they had to make some trouble to cure the boredom.

Once the Southern Stand is built to be the same size as the 3 northern stands, you should see the capacity back up to 110k. 5k to AFL members and 5k to General public, all on Level 4/Q.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back