2018 fixture requests

Remove this Banner Ad

As a nuetral observer it's plain as day that Richmond were luckier than Maradona in the '86 World Cup with the way the finals panned out.
You received advantages getting the flag that only a few Melbourne teams are able to recieve. The rest of us have to do it harder

I'm pretty sure our club worked damn hard (6 million in debt not long ago) to conjure the intimidating home crowd we go to those finals. Stop with the victim mentality.

WCE to play every game at the G.
GWS to play every game at the G.

WCE and GWS supporters may stop whinging........ but probably not.
It's mostly.becaise we have a realistic chance of playing finals at the G. It's a great feeling.

Last year we had:

11 @ The SCG
4 @ The MCG
3 @ Ethiad
1 @ Spotless
1 @ Simmonds
1 @ Adelaide Oval
1 @ Domain

I am happy with a similar split (8 games in Victoria was awesome for our Melbourne members) but would prefer, for our Melbourne fans, to play verse Geelong once and to play that at the SCG and then have the Simmonds game moved to the MCG.

West Coast and Fremantle both requested to play a big Vic club first up. We also travel round 1 the most out of all Victorian clubs so I think we'll play you guys there.
Fair enough if so. Haven't heard either club say anything on the issue except that they both want round 1 at home but they both don't want a derby.

Wouldn't mind.
I assume tkts for us will be hard, but for WA our club usually sorts them out for us. Just have to book with them and they make a request directly to the Eagles.
One of the advantages of being a member of a small club I guess.
They wouldn't be hard. Away clubs always gets an allocation of tickets. Its just that obviously you or GC would take the least tickets so the rest would become available to our fans when away team allocation doesn't sell out. And wanting it to be a big game means playing a decent side in GWS rather than GC. Just makes sense to me.

Hawks v Lions at MCG and not Tassie.
Want to see how our players stand up against Luke Hodge - their spiritual leader.

They wouldn't be hard. Away clubs always gets an allocation of tickets. Its just that obviously you or GC would take the least tickets so the rest would become available to our fans when away team allocation doesn't sell out. And wanting it to be a big game means playing a decent side in GWS rather than GC. Just makes sense to me.
Does us no harm
On a personal level I expect to be motivated to travel and the opening of a new stadium would be an event, although not our event.
What I meant with tkts is it's actually better at grounds where they're right, the club does the hard work instead of just suggesting aisles. Oppo clubs seem to put a space away and we all sit together.
Our members were emailing the club for help with PF tkts if they screwed up the member purchase, and getting goof tkts, I doubt if a club the size of the Tigers, or even WC could ooffer that kind of personalised service.

Why do people always spout this lie? Does it make you feel good keeping the comp uneven and biased?

We don't know, but yes, Geelong fans do keep repeating their lie about their club wanting all their games at KP.

3 x games at the G, preferably one against a big club like Collingwood
A Friday night game - anywhere - anytime
Geelong or Hawthorn at Burswood for our first home game.
Home Derby as our last home game.
6 x away games in Melbourne/Geelong
2 x away games in Adelaide
1 x trip to Brisbane, 1 x trip to Sydney
No Tassie, Darwin, Ballarat, Canberra or Western Sydney, unless its Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not want to play WC at Adelaide Oval again, would rather play them once (at the new Perth stadium).

Wouldn’t mind a home game against the cats though, due to beat them

Dream Fixture requests
Double ups against North,Carlton,Melbourne,St Kilda,Gold Coast/Brisbane
1. Home game against Sydney (Etihad or MCG)
2. Limited Friday nights. 3 Max
3. Have HOME Etihad games against interstate teams
4. Richmond in round 6

That's about it
Would rather play Etihad tenants at Etihad and save our home ground advantage for the interstate teams, rather than giving them a leg up by playing them at Etihad (a ground they probably play as often, if not more often than us)

it is so obvious who we are going to play twice
geelong - dangerfield
richmond - grand final
melbourne - lever
port - showdown
one of the sydney teams
You'll need a bottom six side rather than the Sydney ones you mooted. Most likely Fremantle to ease Freo's travel load.

As a selfish Freo supporter

2 x SA
1 x QLD
1 x NSW
6 x VIC - 6 Melbourne games.....Geelong and Ballarat can GAGF as Melbourne Membership doesn't cover those pissant locations

**** Darwin, **** a 6 day break travelling to QLD.

Of course we know the AFL doesn't give a **** about supporters of interstate sides.
I know far more Freo fans in Ballarat and country Victoria than I ever knew in Melbourne. In fact all the Vic based Freo supporters I know reside outside of Melbourne. They are generally from Perth and moved here rather than into Melbourne (although a lot of commute to the city).

Last year we had:

11 @ The SCG
4 @ The MCG
3 @ Ethiad
1 @ Spotless
1 @ Simmonds
1 @ Adelaide Oval
1 @ Domain

I am happy with a similar split (8 games in Victoria was awesome for our Melbourne members) but would prefer, for our Melbourne fans, to play verse Geelong once and to play that at the SCG and then have the Simmonds game moved to the MCG.
If Richmond play us at KP once every 5 years then Sydney will play us at KP whilst away barring finals for the rest of this competitions days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back