Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that puts us in prime position for Saad at least?

The cynic in me says that this really shows that we are simply not an attractive destination for Free Agents. If we can build up to around 10 wins next year then we can start to really catch the attention of free agents.

Ah well. Gradual growth is still a good thing.

Keep Gibbs, get another 15-20 games into Cuningham, SPS, Fisher, Curnow, Kennedy, Pickett and Williamson. Try and bring Polson in for a couple of 3-5 game stints. There's still plenty there, just means we'll need to continue being patient.

I actually don't mind the idea of having a year of consolidation where we don't try to bring in another 6-8 best 22 players for Round 1. Let the kids settle and grow and see what they can offer with another pre-season under their belts.
I don't mind so long as pressure is not brought to bear on Bolton should we have another poor (in terms of wins/losses) year.

If we do trade gibbs has to be 10 and 17 for gibbs and 38 on trade 17 to gws for Kennedy and swap of later picks
Go to draft with 3 and 10 and gain Kennedy and only lose gibbs

The cynic in me says that this really shows that we are simply not an attractive destination for Free Agents. If we can build up to around 10 wins next year then we can start to really catch the attention of free agents.

Its not a coincidence that the teams that made the finals appear to be a perceived better destination in the assumption that they are more likely to make the finals and play finals there.

That being said... Not at all dissapointed about Smith, making decisions based on "medical facilities" to me is him indirectly saying he needs a good one for him to play at the highest level.

Free agents want success. We have to show we are getting close to challenging in order to attract them.

Last edited:

Depends what they're looking for.

If we desperately wanted someone we could afford to hand them a blank cheque, but we're evidently being a bit more conservative with out contracts now. Just means that the players interested in a big pay packet, and the one's chasing a quick flag, aren't the right fit for us. The positive to take out of it is that you know the players we get are in it for the long haul and are prepared to work for their money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind so long as pressure is not brought to bear on Bolton should we have another poor (in terms of wins/losses) year.

That's the problem, we can be objective but I imagine a lot of our supporters won't be

Out of 3 players to have nominated clubs so far, and out of 18 clubs, we've been nominated once. I understand people are upset that we didn't get every single player we chased but it's not as bad as all that

I'm pretty indifferent about Smith not nominating us, but it will sting if we end up getting Saad. I feel we have a few kids who can grow into a Saad role, but the same can't be said about Smith's role at the present time.

Well what do you know.

Devon Smith nominates *

Possibly a dodgy medical report and seeing as how SOS does not like paying overs for anyone then that also might have been a factor. But i would suggest his medical did not go to well.

Ah well. Gradual growth is still a good thing.

Keep Gibbs, get another 15-20 games into Cuningham, SPS, Fisher, Curnow, Kennedy, Pickett and Williamson. Try and bring Polson in for a couple of 3-5 game stints. There's still plenty there, just means we'll need to continue being patient.

I actually don't mind the idea of having a year of consolidation where we don't try to bring in another 6-8 best 22 players for Round 1. Let the kids settle and grow and see what they can offer with another pre-season under their belts.
GOOD POST
about 30 odd changes in the past 2 years
just bring in Kennedy, Saad and Pick 3 and CONSOLIDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back