Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only saying what I have been told from others that the club was well aware a few weeks ago that Jackson was returning home to Victoria next year.

It's all heresay obviously, but Trengove had been widely linked to the Bulldogs since late July just the same as Cameron's name had been linked for the last few weeks to a move to Brisbane.

Hardly a surprise to see both of these announced over the last 48 hours as they seem to be two of the worst kept secrets in football.

About 90% of what comes out of the mouths of clubs, players and managers is complete bullshit and the clubs know these things long before they're announced.
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...es-definitely-a-chance-to-leave-port-adelaide

That doesn't sound like the comments of a man who knew he was going in July.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...es-definitely-a-chance-to-leave-port-adelaide

That doesn't sound like the comments of a man who knew he was going in July.

I am only saying what I have heard around the traps that the club knew weeks ago. The rumours are that his wife and his daughter moved back to Melbourne for her business and were travelling backwards and forwards between Melbourne and Adelaide in order to spend time together. She is also pregnant with twins so I just don't see how living in Adelaide would have even been feasible for him.

Don't forget that most of the stuff that is said leading up to trade week is usually bullshit. This time last week Charlie Cameron was telling people that he hadn't really thought about leaving Adelaide, lets not forget Jake "I haven't met with Melbourne" Leaver.

It's all a big charade because clubs and players prefer to announce things once the season is over with. I am pretty sure that Trengove did publicly say back in early August that he was putting off his contract talks until the end of the year.

So despite in your opinion they didn't have a Key Defender, they have during the course of the year decided to play Jonas, Howard and Hombsch as Key Defenders and not Trengove. This was even before they dropped him. So how does your theory stack up now that they needed him as a key defender but he left anyway?

There is also the fact Trengove was obviously gutted, but keep living in your fantasy land in Qld.

They've effectively forced him out without having to delist him and if they weren't able to secure a free agent they would have received compensation. Smart move by them.
You are spot on Elite. Port forced him out, was a smart move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So despite in your opinion they didn't have a Key Defender, they have during the course of the year decided to play Jonas, Howard and Hombsch as Key Defenders and not Trengove. This was even before they dropped him. So how does your theory stack up now that they needed him as a key defender but he left anyway?

There is also the fact Trengove was obviously gutted, but keep living in your fantasy land in Qld.

They've effectively forced him out without having to delist him and if they weren't able to secure a free agent they would have received compensation. Smart move by them.

Ffs. They don't need to force him out!

They don't offer him a contract! They hold ALL the power if they want him to go. It's makes ZERO sense to drop him to get him to leave when they can just, I don't know, make him leave?

He played every game in a row for two years until round 21. They drop him.

Sure, his form has been a bit s**t but he also had just been one of Port's best only a few weeks before on Rance.

And even though they had no one for Kennedy and Trengove had been BOG for the magpies for a couple of weeks, they don't name him.

I think they knew he wanted to leave and didn't want to invest games in players that didn't want to be there. They'd already started planning for the future.

By the way - the two Qld comments? So what? I can watch every game on Fox Footy and I don't have to listen to the rampant lies the clubs spread on radio chat shows.

Ffs. They don't need to force him out!

They don't offer him a contract! They hold ALL the power if they want him to go. It's makes ZERO sense to drop him to get him to leave when they can just, I don't know, make him leave?

He played every game in a row for two years until round 21. They drop him.

Sure, his form has been a bit s**t but he also had just been one of Port's best only a few weeks before on Rance.

And even though they had no one for Kennedy and Trengove had been BOG for the magpies for a couple of weeks, they don't name him.

I think they knew he wanted to leave and didn't want to invest games in players that didn't want to be there. They'd already started planning for the future.

By the way - the two Qld comments? So what? I can watch every game on Fox Footy and I don't have to listen to the rampant lies the clubs spread on radio chat shows.
Do you understand the difference between a restricted free agent and a delisted free agent in terms of compensation? When you work that one out you might have an answer you can work with.

Why the QLD comments? Because you are not getting the full picture of what is happening here. You have missed his weekly chats on MMM and I dare say you missed his comments when he was door stopped at the airport tonight and what he had to say about the decision he had to make and why.

And you never did answer of the games he played this year how many were as a KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back