Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!

Loyalty works both ways. If the Crows lowballed him as per most accounts suggest, I can't blame him for looking elsewhere. His manager is doing his job by finding out what competitors would be willing to pay and there appears to be a gulf between what the Crows offered and what Melbourne and others would be willing to pay. Adelaide has a history of misplaced arrogance largely by led by the likes of Roo and like last year with Gibbs, it costs them.

Loyalty works both ways. If the Crows lowballed him as per most accounts suggest, I can't blame him for looking elsewhere. His manager is doing his job by finding out what competitors would be willing to pay and there appears to be a gulf between what the Crows offered and what Melbourne and others would be willing to pay. Adelaide has a history of misplaced arrogance largely by led by the likes of Roo and like last year with Gibbs, it costs them.
They are tight arses..........agree with that, but I think it had an affect on their players come the G.F. You have to have everything going right to win a Grannie. Richmond were such a united bunch in comparison........

There is something seriously not right at Adelaide. It stunk before Trigg and it has stunk since. It almost makes me feel that Trigg was the fall guy for something much darker.

lets talk about the elephant in the room . We were adelaide in our glory days. Our salary cap issues stunk but we just needed to point to the ladder and we felt arrogantly happy. Many of us in here are of an age where we started supporting the Blues because of that success.
Their arrogance toward lever and their vilification by media of him , the reaction of their captain , all paints a nasty culture bubbling up there. It is the reverse of what nearly all other clubs are trying to achieve- a culture where the health and well being of the players come first. This berating of lever and his decision to leave is almost unbelievable. Reminds me of how cults behave when someone leaves. I feel sad for Eddie getting caught up in all this

Imagine playing footy at a club who combines Thursday night selections with a Pie Night, when you can't
touch a pie...........for starters.
Understand the mirth towards those who have selective GF diets when and if it suits. Try going through
life when social functions (or even just an outing) become a bloody nightmare. Damn right jealous of the
insensitivity.
I'd hate it, absolutely! The people who say they are gluten intolerant and make the restaurant create a special meal only to order the chocolate mud cake because "oh... One slice won't hurt..." are the pains in the butt!

I know we all love Casey but he's still not a guaranteed player. Right now he's showing promise, nothing more.

Do we trade him for fair value?

No idea.
He'd be more valuable to us. Doubt we'd get anything of substance back from Lions. Although the rumour is BS.

Won't lie - the stringer of 2017 would have the navy blue faithful on their feet. Him and Charlie in the forwardline with Harry - wowee
Well the 2015 version of Stringer anyway. But do we want that kind of person at the footy club?

Lever not being invited to the Crows B&F impacts on us. :huh: :p
Why is this even a thing Aph?
Who cares if its Carlton related or not.
We're still talking about the 3 players who have nominated Essendon.

If a club's culture is that weak that bringing in a single player with baggage will destroy it completely then perhaps that club doesn't really have a culture at all. Also, this amorphous blob we call 'club culture' is something that works both ways - it can also positively influence new players should they chose to buy in.

People without any internal knowledge of the recruiting process boldly assuming the club has put a line through Stringer is peak Big Footy.

If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE (goes without saying of course) myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!

Rubbish, he wants to come back to Vic. You try and be a Melbourne lad and then go and live in Adelaide! If they are willling do throw that much money as well, then that's the bonus.

I guess everyone was a newbie at some stage right :thumbsu:

Except thylacine60

The Big Footy servers were switched for the first time and somehow there was already a message from Thy 'took your time, ffs'.

If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE (goes without saying of course) myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!
It's just what happens with a salary cap. I would bet we offered Kennedy a contract GWS couldn't match. It doesn't make us the bad guys. Christ this is pretty much exactly why we would be so interested in GWS players. We know we can pay them more then they can

Rubbish, he wants to come back to Vic. You try and be a Melbourne lad and then go and live in Adelaide! If they are willling do throw that much money as well, then that's the bonus.

Could say the same about Docherty or Judd...

Doesn't appear Adelaide FC is a good place to be

We would be hearing none of this Lever negativity if he chose us. Same as if Stringer deal can’t get done but we get say 10 for Gibbs and Stringer says he’s happy to come here, we again zip our lips. Smith would be the same, and Saad also. Lever has done as so many have and will continue to do. Everyone in the AFL has known he was coming home, ADE just need to suck it up. Did Charlie Cameron get the A from the B&F? There’s no overwhelming loyalty in AFL, the close to home factor is massive though, even bigger than playing for premierships it seems. If Harley Balic ends up in MEL we’ll hear nothing, he’s under contract, but because he’s not a starting 22 player in a Top side, it’s ok. If he comes here though, he’s the next big thing. Dangerfield anyone? Ablett?

Why would he make a brand new account just to post bullshit though?

;):huh::oops:

Yep agreed. I heard and posted gibbs involved in swap of sorts with lever. Heard from a reputable source but didn't believe it at all. Still posted as it's a rumor about Carlton. People need to get a ******* grip, were on a half arsed footy chat forum not writing dossiers for the FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back