List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised that we delisted Menzel after him playing 4 games last year. I thought he was worth persisting with, especially with another preseason under the belt. At least we're being a bit ruthless these days, should delist Otten as well. But we won't.
me too, it was more a comment on how odd our form has been with that sort of thing.

so many wasted games handed out at this footy club.

I would expect that both Greenwood and Keath will be upgraded.
I agree, which makes me wonder if they've got any other Cat B irons in the fire because they ought to be making the most of that free hit at every opportunity.

Don't forget Shaw will be officially retired. Would be surprised if many of CEY, Hunter, Wigg, Cheney and Dear are around next year.

Cheney surely ends up at another club rather than delisted? He fell out of our best 22 due to injury and his replacement improved far more than anyone would expect. Still more than capable at AFL level you'd suspect.

Two of our worst recruitments in recent times. Usually our list managers have such a good hit rate but the last few years just haven't been good... bit worrying.

Just never fired a shot here unfortunately. A sliding doors moment for Gore really seeing his first season was quite decent for Geelong (as you say, was close to selection). Stays and it's quite likely he has some AFL games to his name.
Of course, the type of player we've missed most this year (apart from a CHF, but every side could do with one more of those bar GWS) is a clean-hands-in-and-under type.

We played two players selected in this year's rookie draft this year, for goodness' sakes. Ah well.

Cheney surely ends up at another club rather than delisted? He fell out of our best 22 due to injury and his replacement improved far more than anyone would expect. Still more than capable at AFL level you'd suspect.

Potentially, but that would make club number 4 correct? Bit of an outlier. I actually think he will be given another year here though.

Thinking the same. I would expect the AFC would be hoping they can bring in 1-2 players during the trade period. If we brought in another 2 how many could we then cut?
We have to take 3? picks to the draft. 1-2 incoming trades, 2 rookie upgrades, so we need 6-7 vacancies. Plus we are already one short on the senior list? So maybe 1-2 minimum yet to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, the type of player we've missed most this year (apart from a CHF, but every side could do with one more of those bar GWS) is a clean-hands-in-and-under type.

We played two players selected in this year's rookie draft this year, for goodness' sakes. Ah well.

Nothing wrong with rookie pick players ;)

Still though, Gore just seemed like a player that did everything right but just didn't have the tools to separate himself from the pack, didn't help we started prioritising speed as well.

Haha, totally, but let's face it, none of Danger, Dusty, Lynch, Kelly, Fyfe or Rance came up off the rookie list...

Still though, you don't need 22 stars. If you can get a good solid role player on the cheap salary wise, it's pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back