Best team heading into end of season run

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
As we look forward to the critical last run of games, I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks is our BEST team. As in, this is the team we should be selecting from here on. Like many, I would like to see guys like Dowling etc... get a run, but I think it is unlikely now that we have decided a top 8 finish is more important than development.

For me then, I think our best team would look like this:

Michaelaney Butts Worrell
Hinge Murray Smith
Jones Laird Keays
Rankine Walker Thilthorpe
Pedlar Fog Rachele

ROB Dawson Soligo

McAdam Milera Sloane Berry

SUB: McHenry

McAdam forward rotation
Milera defensive rotation
Sloane wing/half forward rotation first 2 and a half qtrs. Then midfield rotation.
Berry Midfield rotation. Must apply huge pressure and tackle.
Soligo left in the midfield. Enough half forward/wing. He's a mid. Let him play in his best position.

RankineThilthorpeFogarty
SoligoWalkerKeays
JonesRacheleSoligo
HingeButtsSmith
WorrellMurrayMax
ROBDawsonLaird
PedlarMileraMurphySloaneMcHenry (SUB)

I like Murphy although I think our forwards (Rachele, Keays, Pedlar) often over rely on him in defensive situations so its possible that McAdam plays instead although he does lack the forward pressure that Murphy provides.

Pedlar when he plays on the ball is incredible and makes 10 touches feel like 20, he also creates a lot of shots for himself and others when playing forward, although accuracy and clangers don't often go his way. Is better than Berry.

Wayne is silky smooth, I don't need to justify his selection anymore.

Rory Sloane still works his arse off for us when the ball changes hands and has 5-10 moments of brilliance where he just slows the game down and proves why he is a 250 game club champion, All Australian and Captain. He does have moments where he looks old and out of place but his willingness to run and play outside gives him the versatility that this team needs.

Ned McHenry always gives 110% as the sub and I think that his pace, explosivity, hunger, and pressure when subbed on against tired worn out bodies has proven succesfull already (he would have to be close to the most goals as a substitute this season)

Honorable Mentions/Emergencies:
Sholl has been solid at times but often crumbles under pressure, I would also like to see Cook, and Nank get a run this season given the similar size, and role that they play it is possible that Soligo or Sloane potentially lose their spot.

Sam Berry and Harry Schoenberg don't quite have the edge over Soligo, Rachele, Sloane, or Pedlar as OnBallers.

I would also like to see James Borlase and/or Mark Keane get a go this season but given neither played against the bombers that is unlikely.

Mine

Michalanney Butts Worrell
Smith Murray Hinge

Jones Laird Soglio

McAdam Tex Keays
Rankine Fog Thilthorpe

RoB Dawson Rachele Pedlar

Int Milera Schoenberg Sloane Scholl

Sub McHenry

Scholl is the one I am unsure of. Berry?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No C in Sholl unless he’s ever made captain.

I’m firmly in the camp that his child like stature makes him a complete liability. Rather play Berry, Harry Nank even though it’s not like for like.

RankineThilthorpeFogarty
SoligoWalkerKeays
JonesRacheleSoligo
HingeButtsSmith
WorrellMurrayMax
ROBDawsonLaird
PedlarMileraMurphySloaneMcHenry (SUB)

I like Murphy although I think our forwards (Rachele, Keays, Pedlar) often over rely on him in defensive situations so its possible that McAdam plays instead although he does lack the forward pressure that Murphy provides.

Pedlar when he plays on the ball is incredible and makes 10 touches feel like 20, he also creates a lot of shots for himself and others when playing forward, although accuracy and clangers don't often go his way. Is better than Berry.

Wayne is silky smooth, I don't need to justify his selection anymore.

Rory Sloane still works his arse off for us when the ball changes hands and has 5-10 moments of brilliance where he just slows the game down and proves why he is a 250 game club champion, All Australian and Captain. He does have moments where he looks old and out of place but his willingness to run and play outside gives him the versatility that this team needs.

Ned McHenry always gives 110% as the sub and I think that his pace, explosivity, hunger, and pressure when subbed on against tired worn out bodies has proven succesfull already (he would have to be close to the most goals as a substitute this season)

Honorable Mentions/Emergencies:
Sholl has been solid at times but often crumbles under pressure, I would also like to see Cook, and Nank get a run this season given the similar size, and role that they play it is possible that Soligo or Sloane potentially lose their spot.

Sam Berry and Harry Schoenberg don't quite have the edge over Soligo, Rachele, Sloane, or Pedlar as OnBallers.

I would also like to see James Borlase and/or Mark Keane get a go this season but given neither played against the bombers that is unlikely.
You are going to run Soligo into the ground

There needs to be some management of players heading in to the end of year - for example Soligo (this week), Michalanney, Sloane and Rachele all look like they could take a break at some point, but my team for the Grand Final is:

F: Rankine Fogarty McAdam
HF: Pedlar Walker Keays
C: Hinge Rachele Sloane
HB: Milera Murray Smith
B: Worrell Butts Michalanney
R: O'Brien Dawson Laird
I: Schoenberg Thilthorpe Soligo Jones
Sub: McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back