Kurt Tippett retires due to injury and fitness concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it is. Same draft rules with limited access to the population. If in 2009 Hawthorn got given the Mid-North NSW zone with two players drafted ever, while Sydney got a TAC cup zone with the stipulation that one of the child's parents had to be born overseas, you'd have been shitting yourself at the unfairness.
No its not
Every other Vic teams zones are only for indigenous and multi cultural players

Hawthorn had more NSW players in 2014 GF and one of the Swans NSW players was an ex Hawk
So probably should hand over the development to someone who hasnt relied on hand outs to recruit tall forwards

No its not
Every other Vic teams zones are only for indigenous and multi cultural players
Yep, just like I said. And the test for multi cultural parents is having one overseas born parent. Pretty good for a zone inside a TAC cup area. The Swans aren't allowed to recruit from a pre-existing development pathway that's been around for a few decades.

Yep, just like I said. And the test for multi cultural parents is having one overseas born parent. Pretty good for a zone inside a TAC cup area. The Swans aren't allowed to recruit from a pre-existing development pathway that's been around for a few decades.
Were Heeneys parents multi cultural ?

You have an agenda. Not sure why you even follow AFL if you believe it's as corrupt as you say it is. Welcome to my Ignore list.

It's not corrupt it's a business and your a franchise. Any system that improves a team unfairly is flawed.

Karma does exist.

A massive slab of the AFL COLA slush fund flushed down the toilet on Tippett. Then again the AFL probably doesnt think so. Tippett did help the Swans stay at the top of the ladder and contend instead of rebuilding like other clubs. The fact he didnt win a flag isnt important to them just as long as they play deep into September and the NSW fans tune into AFL and lift the ratings.

Hey man! UFOs are real, 9/11 was an inside job and the Illuminati run the world! Woowoo!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The finish line for the COLA advantage arrives just as the academy is bearing magnificent fruit.

Well done AFL. Not a beat was missed. :thumbsu:
Ad how can the NSW and Queensland teams get decent local talent? In the Almighty NEAFL?

North Might be struggling at the moment, but at least your team can get good local talent in the TAC cup and VFL

Ad how can the NSW and Queensland teams get decent local talent? In the Almighty NEAFL?

North Might be struggling at the moment, but at least your team can get good local talent in the TAC cup and VFL

Way to completely miss the point.

Wow! So much angst and ignorance...

For mine, Tippett was brilliant recruiting at the time, and when fit was absolutely worth the money. At his best, he was AA level. Unfortunately for him, and the Swans, his career was marred by injury. However, there was never any evidence that he did not give his all for his club, both clubs in fact.

He recovered from multiple concussions to play for Adelaide, and played with a broken jaw and an unstable ankle for Sydney.

I wish him all the best for his future and thank him for his efforts.

Go Swans!

Relevance? The limitation on Sydney's academy is that it isn't in a TAC cup zone like Hawthorn's.

Victorian fans of our great game may be shocked at how relatively easy it is to find oneself in the Swans Academy at age 11 or whatever.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/f9d9a94c8540b7746b6fc77b5abd85fe

Because the ankle reconstruction Tippett had in October wasn’t a career-ending injury, Swans football manager Tom Harley has been able to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.

“We won’t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,” Harley told SEN radio.

“He was contracted for three years prior to that so it certainly won’t be that.”

Great management really, to get Tippett to renegotiate his salary over more years, then get him to retire so you can front load it back to a sinlge year and free up cap room to get a good player in the following season.

Yet they have to count Buddy's salary against the cap each and every year if he retires?

I don't blame the Swans on this at all, AFL needs to sort their s**t out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back