NO TROLLS Angus Brayshaw retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob Ryan had his season finished after being concused by Charlie Cameron's knee to the back of his head. No one cared.

What you say isn't true. High contact is still allowed if its a speccie attempt with a knee to the back of the head.

AFL are going to dig themselves into a hole with all these rules in a 360 degree contact sport.
Correct weight.

me coming here to wish Angus all the best going forward

Oh No Fire GIF

me coming here to wish Angus all the best going forward

Oh No Fire GIF

A certain element are defending Maynard's actions - which resulted in a rule change and was a factor behind a player's premature retirement - because they support the team that he plays for. Not being found guilty by the tribunal isn't the big win they think it is.

I'll leave it at that.

A good tackle or good bump doesn't result in a player getting concussed.
You can’t say all players would have been concussed. Brayshaw had 6 concussions so we know he was more susceptible than others. Same issue with McCartin where the last concussion was fairly innocuous and ended his career. Unfortunately, those who have had a history, are more likely to suffer.

Murphy is in the same boat.

A certain element are defending Maynard's actions - which resulted in a rule change and was a factor behind a player's premature retirement - because they support the team that he plays for. Not being found guilty by the tribunal isn't the big win they think it is.

I'll leave it at that.
He could have been concussed at his next game.

Corrupt AFL :whitecheck:
"Asterix" next to Maynard's name and the 2023 premiership :whitecheck:
An entire supporter base lacking integrity :whitecheck:

Your venting is strong.

Pity you couldn't squeeze any nice words for Brayshaw in all that bile you've generated. By all accounts, he's a good man. Nobody wanted this.

Congrats on effortlessly producing one of the most absurd posts I've read on BigFooty.

P.S: This is "Asterix", you meant "asterisk".

Asterix-the-Gaul.jpg
6427tqr9kma51.jpg

The AFL claims clubs and “players themselves” are responsible for footballers health and wellbeing, as the league defends a major class action led by Geelong favourite Max Rooke.
In documents filed in the Victorian Supreme Court as part of the class action, in which Rooke is the lead plaintiff, the league has revealed it will argue “the clubs, as the AFL players’ employers, along with the AFL players themselves”, are primarily responsible for players’ health and wellbeing.

While not invalidating your ability to feel a line was crossed, I have seen the record of this moment being chopped and changed ever since it happened and consequently people drawing conclusions from events that either never happened, or didn't happen in the order they've been said to happen. Maybe a difference for those watching the game on TV vs at the game.

After the first scuffle between players, tensions died down a little before Maynard goes over to see Brayshaw followed by an understandable Melbourne crowd's booing. This booing is immediately followed by the Collingwood chant in direct response to the behaviour of the opposition crowd targeting their player, literally nothing immediately involving Brayshaw or his injury. For the record I think it's absolutely fair game to boo as it's fair game to support. I think both crowds are doing exactly what they should in this sort of atmosphere (and frankly you rarely see communication between crowds like this even in big crowd matchups).

Viney, minutes later after the tensions have started to settle from the initial incident, decides to take Maynard by the guernsey and start up a second scuffle exactly the moment the Brayshaw is being carted off. Watching the replay just now, all you can hear is applause as Brayshaw is being carted off so I'm struggling to see what/when you're talking about chanting while he's going off.

I think most people have conflated the first instance with the second and its just become a convenient memory to hold regarding the incident (or in many such cases, oppo's feelings about Maynard/Collingwood held long, long before the incident). I was Level 1 Ponsford Stand and there was not a soul "cheering" while Brayshaw went off, no one was happy about it, not a thing. Just two crowds flying the flag for their teams in reasonable circumstances given the highly emotive moment of one of the biggest games of the year.
was also there, you’re absolutely spot on with your description
For the rest of the game Dees fans tried to boo him but our cheers drowned them out

Sad to see him go, had several head knocks and concussions over the journey which culminated in the decision.

Trolls having a crack at Maynard, calling him all sorts of names on here.
Everyone knows where they train, go and say it to his face, especially the ones calling him a coward!!

My goodness!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t say all players would have been concussed. Brayshaw had 6 concussions so we know he was more susceptible than others. Same issue with McCartin where the last concussion was fairly innocuous and ended his career. Unfortunately, those who have had a history, are more likely to suffer.

Murphy is in the same boat.

The Krebbs caused concussion of Brayshaw was many things but it was not "fairly innocuous".

Admits his guilt.

Last edited:
I would like to see something positive come out of the sad retirement of Angus Brayshaw.

Trends in Australian rules football at all levels follow on from trends at senior AFL level, and the trend of players getting away with committing increasingly frequent reckless/dangerous acts on the football field in clear contravention of the rules has grown and grown to the point that it is becoming too risky and dangerous for even most young and fit people to play. I think this is largely due to the increase in, not necessarily malicious but certainly dangerously and careless on-field behaviour, being allowed to increase without appropriate intervention from umpires and tribunals. It's time to step up and apply the rules for the benefit of current and future players.

If handled right, this sad situation presents a potential turning point opportunity to reverse this trend and for officials to back their well-meaning rhetoric with genuine action. Regardless of intent players should have to show a reasonable duty of care their opponents, or you be penalised appropriately.

I won't hold my breath, but I live in hope.

what trend? Where is your proof?

It was on the night until emotion swept into it. Terrible look and now a players career is over. I know people think Maynard wouldn't give a s**t but that's a pretty ignorant view

You are a respected poster. Surely you get this is not the thread for you and other Krebbs beat that nick defenders.

the thread is about celebrating the career of Brayshaw on his retirement and not about some violent dill standing on the corner waiting for the Karma Bus to arrive.

The AFL is still taking the p**s on concussion and continue to make band aid changes. Until they drastically reduce interchange and you don’t have 150 fresh players coming on and 150 tired players coming off, therefore you won’t have fresh, powerful explosive players causing mayhem. Fatigue is essential in all sports and in football is the best way of controlling high speed collisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back