Toast Ben Cunnington - Retiring 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Rams, Lakers, Rabbitohs
A very underrated player at his peak. To go through everything that he has and come out of it the other side and play again is nothing short of admirable. Nothing but respect CunnersšŸ‘ 95E41C6A-841C-463F-BB7E-559333C29858.jpeg

A North supporter better start a Luke Shuey thread now.;)
In all seriousness Cunnington was the epitome of the fabled inside contested bull that we so often talk about but rarely see.
A career to be proud of and probably underappreciated when he was at the top of his game. Good to see he is getting some recognition now.

Will be very missed I think his battle with cancer probably took away some of the hunger.

Great career and a contested ball beast.
He was huge in our finals runs 2014-2015

Also looked 45 by the time he was drafted.

xDFVXNVF.jpg

He was a terrif player. Get the bloody thing, distribute the bloody thing.

Sadly as the game became more run and gun, his skill set became less desirable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best in your retirement Ben.

His story has some similarities to Docherty minus the ability.
I wouldn't go that far, Docherty has SOME ability

Anyway, for how much people love to push the "North are the architects of their own demise" narrative with regards to the priority pick question, how much consideration should "best player got cancer and had to retire years early" go into the algorithm? Surely has to have some effect.

I'm really going to ******* miss this guy. Single biggest reason we're in such a pit right now is not having him at his best, which he was right before this happened.

All the best in your retirement Ben.

His story has some similarities to Docherty minus the ability.
Docherty was much better than the general opinion of him. Was genuinely AFL level at times

Such an underrated player. Had a great career

Iā€™m also really happy he still retired with one nut left.

Great player.

Hope North bring the fire and get a win to send him off this weekend ;)
I really hope North win this one for Cunners, not just for us but for him as well he deserves another state of victory one last time on an AFL field. As for us assuming this happens it would help create a great atmosphere for the last game against Adelaide as there will be no doubt of us all wanting to win that one (especially since it doesnā€™t affect ladder positionšŸ˜‰)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back