NO TROLLS Angus Brayshaw retires

Remove this Banner Ad

You are a respected poster. Surely you get this is not the thread for you and other Krebbs beat that nick defenders.

the thread is about celebrating the career of Brayshaw on his retirement and not about some violent dill standing on the corner waiting for the Karma Bus to arrive.
Yeah i realise that and have said as much above. Just throwing my one eyed perspective out there which is hard to shake

Hopefully this helps it sink in to all the troglodytes that complain about the game becoming soft and that we change the rules too much and 'leave the game alone'.

It's an area we clearly have to get better in. Change can take time, it can be difficult, but it has to happen; especially with regard to these injuries.

The head is an extremely fragile area and yet to this day some buffoons will have you believe the players are fair game because they stepped out on to the field and they’re "tough blokes".

Not footy, but the Phil Hughes incident is a prime example of something happening within mere seconds that changes someone’s life or in that case, ends their life.

I’m not here to get in to a debate about Maynard but the rules need to be clear as day and the magnitude of the following match should not come in to play. If you leave the ground, and make contact with a player’s head, it should be a minimum one game suspension and I don’t care if you’re watching the ball. It will be unfortunate for those suspended when genuinely going for the ball but is missing a final or grand final or being ineligible for the Brownlow comparable to having a career ended or worse?

The AFL needs to wake up and get serious about this before something happens that forces them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leigh Mathews repeats what he said last year and what old Kevin Bartlett has been saying forever. With unlimited rotations and high bench numbers players are too fresh always and hit harder because we’ve taken fatigue out of the game. Just play 18, two on bench, maybe a sub and dramatically limit rotations. This will allow endurance and fatigue to slow down and open up our game and give it back to the fans as it once was. This has to help with concussions.

I would hope the Charlie Cameron act is suspended under this new Maynard rule, otherwise they are just taking the piss.

The pissing and moaning about Maynard has led to accidental contact now being suspended.

And now we are going to have to listen to the same people cry when their players are rubbed out because of it. Vicious cycle

Nothing accidental about “tough man” Maynard’s head high bump/charge.

Wasn’t a realistic attempt to smother, his intention was to forcefully block Brayshaw and got him flush in the head with his shoulder after turning mid air to minimise hurt to himself and maximise force to Brayshaw.

Every game of basketball sees defenders leap towards shooters and only occasionally is there contact. Same action, very different outcome.

Basketballers put their arms out in front of themselves, and either brace against the shooter and foul or they manoeuvre a transfer of weight at point of departure from the ground. Maynard failed to do either of these things and in doing so forfeited his duty of care.

4 weeks was the proper suspension, he was lucky it was leading to a grand final because otherwise he would have been out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back