Prediction Likely retirees in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked the best goal ever seen in a grand final. Possibly the beat goal of all time.

Also kicked the second best goal in a grand final the previous year. His goal on the run in the 2012 grand final was fantastic!

Ever is a long time.

Think jezzas last goal in 1970 from about 75 that bounced through to win the grand final in front of 121,000 going berserk.
Phil Manassa with 5 bounces, Tom Boyd's massive bomb to break 60 year plus hoodoo.

That's just off the top of my head without doing any research.

Ever is a long time.

Think jezzas last goal in 1970 from about 75 that bounced through to win the grand final in front of 121,000 going berserk.
Phil Manassa with 5 bounces, Tom Boyd's massive bomb to break 60 year plus hoodoo.

That's just off the top of my head without doing any research.
Travis Varcoe running the length of MCG to kick one in the 2011 GF is one to add to the list.

I'd be surprised If Jack retires short of 350.
What about Hawkins? I want the selfless man to play on for selfish reasons such as being on 779 goals and needing 56 to be outright 2nd to Ablett Sr as a Cat, but will obviously never catch Doug Wade’s total tally.

That would look quite nice next to being our second most capped player. Problem is you can’t have both. Seems more like the type of bloke who would only want to play 9 more games so he doesn’t take the club games record from Selwood.

What about Hawkins? I want the selfless man to play on for selfish reasons such as being on 779 goals and needing 56 to be outright 2nd to Ablett Sr as a Cat, but will obviously never catch Doug Wade’s total tally.

That would look quite nice next to being our second most capped player. Problem is you can’t have both. Seems more like the type of bloke who would only want to play 9 more games so he doesn’t take the club games record from Selwood.

I think Tommy will play on next year; still playing good footy.

I think hawk is 50/50 and might depend on how he goes after this hammy but he seems to want to play on.

Ceglar and menegola def go though and i think tuohy will as well.

Will Rhys Stanley be next to call it at the cats this year?

And what’s happening with tomahawk? Currently unsigned

Unless we bring in a top ruck in a trade we need stanley for 1 more year to bridge to conway.

Ceglar and menegola will go and tuohy prob as well.
Hawk will be his call.

The other vets like bews duncan danger blitz etc are all contracted for 24.

Phillips already gone from Essendon and I think Tippa will pull the plug as well.

Heppell wants to go around again but I hope he goes now while still playing some decent footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this isn't the case, but it feels like Nic Nat hasn't played for about 7 years. Great player when he could get on the park.
It feels exactly that way. It's crazy to think he had back to back All-Australian seasons just 24 months ago and even last year played over a third of the season.

Gutted was one of my all time favourite non Carlton players

When he was on song, there was no better player to watch.

Should have been given an premiership medal in 2018, he was a massive part of that great Eagles team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back