Toast Jason Castagna Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Surely deserves a main board thread for his career.

Three time premiership player.
Made the most of himself.
Much loved by Richmond fans.

Discuss your favourite Jason Castagna moments here. Go well Jason.

Not sure if OP is genuine or a pisstake.

Some really classless posts on the Richmond board. Poor guy gives them three flags and even in retirement is still a whipping boy.

Enjoy retirement. Got the absolute best of himself.

Some really classless posts on the Richmond board. Poor guy gives them three flags and even in retirement is still a whipping boy.

Yeah nice try mate, i encourage everyone to go to the George retires and make up their own mind rather than read this post from this knob.

If he had of kicked straight in the 2019 GF he could of had a Norm Smith. Made the most of what he had. Was a great negating forward. And handy mark for his size. Go well George.

Yeah nice try mate, i encourage everyone to go to the George retires and make up their own mind rather than read this post from this knob.

Some really classless posts. Not all.

It's no secret that Castagna copped plenty of s**t and heat from Richmond supporters let alone the footballing public. I hope it didn't contribute to his decision to retire early.

Three flags is an enormous achievement. History is littered with limited players who were in the right place and the right time to win a flag. It is by no accident or stroke of luck that Castagna was selected for three. Vital cog in a famous mosquito fleet.

Some really classless posts. Not all.

It's no secret that Castagna copped plenty of s**t and heat from Richmond supporters let alone the footballing public. I hope it didn't contribute to his decision to retire early.

Three flags is an enormous achievement. History is littered with limited players who were in the right place and the right time to win a flag. It is by no accident or stroke of luck that Castagna was selected for three. Vital cog in a famous mosquito fleet.
Every club has a "whipping boy". Without him helping how we redesigned our ball movement and forward structure, we don't get those flags. Not everyone can be an Akermanis or Stevie J type. George was a massive blue collar footballer. Courageous as well.

Every club has a "whipping boy". Without him helping how we redesigned our ball movement and forward structure, we don't get those flags. Not everyone can be an Akermanis or Stevie J type. George was a massive blue collar footballer. Courageous as well.

Complete respect to George A hero for life for 2017 , helped make all of our lives a helluva lot better .
And if he’d kicked straight in 2019 GF could’ve won a norm smith .

Thanks george , you and your mates let me once again walk down the street with my head held high .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

similar sort of stuff happened with trav varcoe after 2013 unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything more to this? A few honest words telling him he would likely be playing a lot of VFL perhaps?
Hammy probably worse than the club let on, he knew he was fringe this season and coming out of contract at seasons end.

After 3 flags and being 27 next year he has probably thought, I've done enough.

Sure, he was frustrating sometimes and probably played one week too many when in a slump, but his contribution can't be ignored especially in 2017 when we had only 1 Key forward.

Richmond selection Rd 1.

"What are you doing here Jason?"
"What? I play here?"
"I thought ya retired?"
"What? Retired? Who retired?"

7cl16d.jpg

Mr Indiscriminate.

We need a new one. The over-organised Cats had no answer to him in 3 finals. My favourite Castagna moment was his 50m random spinning, nose-diving set shot that sailed over the goal line untouched at chest height while roughly 12 Geelong players stationed thereat watched on in horror, helpless, clueless, and distraught, as the Tigers loomed up to within a kick in the 3rd. The same can be viewed at 3:05 in the following clip:

:hearteyes:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back