The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure given a 32 year old whos scored 3 goals since September a 3 and a half year contract is a great idea myself. Dzeko looks like his legs are shot in the 4 or 5 games ive seen him play lately.

Which ever dinosaur we got was only for Conte until he goes. Giroud for a season and a half seems a better idea.

Not sure given a 32 year old whos scored 3 goals since September a 3 and a half year contract is a great idea myself. Dzeko looks like his legs are shot in the 4 or 5 games ive seen him play lately.

Which ever dinosaur we got was only for Conte until he goes. Giroud for a season and a half seems a better idea.
52 goals in the last 18 months is pretty good.

Never understood why people get so caught up in things like wages and contract lengths when it comes to these transactions.

It's Chelsea, not Central Coast. Surely at the very top level you just go for the better player. These clubs can all afford the investment. Dzeko not staying for three and a half years isn't going to send the club to the wall.

Never understood why people get so caught up in things like wages and contract lengths when it comes to these transactions.

It's Chelsea, not Central Coast. Surely at the very top level you just go for the better player. These clubs can all afford the investment. Dzeko not staying for three and a half years isn't going to send the club to the wall.
I'm sure they'd be able to ship him off to a lower ranked side when they don't want him too.

Unless he turns into Bogdan or Markovic levels of bad where nobody is willing to pay for him.

I'm sure they'd be able to ship him off to a lower ranked side when they don't want him too.

Unless he turns into Bogdan or Markovic levels of bad where nobody is willing to pay for him.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that that happens, Chelsea could just pay him out or keep him on the books until his contract expires, buy someone else and the circle of footballing life would continue.

It's not like they are some lower league battler having to count every penny. Or like in the AFL or salary-capped competitions where bad contracts genuinely can and do have consequences upon clubs' performances.

Why supporters of Premier League clubs, particularly the big ones, worry over things like wages and contracts is beyond me.

Markovic isn't even that bad. :( he's just expensive.

Dzeko is only six months older than Giroud and, in my opinion, a much better player.

I actually reckon he is one of the more underrated players going around.

If I were Chelsea fan I would have much preferred Dzeko to Giroud.
They're different types of forwards though, hard to compare.

Because he wasn't going to get the game time he needed heading into a World Cup. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
Which is funny because by making the move to West London he’s resigned his national competitor to more bench time. Not good for France.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Calming influence" lol

What happened to making the players more horny

187419.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back