The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adds logical context i guess. We did only really spend £40m
Most of the sales were for players nowhere near the squad. Cuadrado, Ake, Traore etc.

Conte lost Matic and Costa and gained Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley, Rudiger etc. All on decent fees, suspect the wage bill would have grown as a result.

Only complaint he can have in my eyes if he didn't want the players brought in. The players sold were either fringe/loaned players, backups or players he didn't fancy.

What pushed conte over the edge was the giroud signing IMO.

He clearly wanted someone to genuinely push moratta, giroud is just poo.
Giroud will never be a starter but he's one of the best backups going around.

Conte didn't want a back up, he wanted someone to push moratta an help get the best out of him.
Moratta would lol at Giroud.
Yeah if they wanted someone to push for Moratas spot Giroud is the wrong guy. He's the type of player you bring on later to nab you a late goal. A super-sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the sales were for players nowhere near the squad. Cuadrado, Ake, Traore etc.

Conte lost Matic and Costa and gained Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley, Rudiger etc. All on decent fees, suspect the wage bill would have grown as a result.

Only complaint he can have in my eyes if he didn't want the players brought in. The players sold were either fringe/loaned players, backups or players he didn't fancy.
They are always going to have that issue with a DOF acting independently of the manager.

Yeah, Emenalo hasnt been replaced yet. Apparently some guy from PSV is the favourite for next season.
Surely someone else has taken over temporarily. The reigns wouldn't just be handed over to Conte for this season imo. Additionally, given the rate at which you changed transfer targets, it seems illogical that Conte is making the decisions.

Ronnie Kerman the new dutch manager. With no world cup he's basically getting paid to do nothing

A 3 year contract for Dzeko on 90k wages just isn't realistic for a 32 year old. Giroud a much more sensible option.

Dzeko is only six months older than Giroud and, in my opinion, a much better player.

I actually reckon he is one of the more underrated players going around.

If I were Chelsea fan I would have much preferred Dzeko to Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back