Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the Arsenal fans on here so remember that Gooners who read this:

Arsenal can seriously go get ****ed. Especially the fans. "Wengers killing our club!" is up there with one of the dumber things I've seen. Sure he hasn't been good these past few years but you've still won things (unlike your neighbours) and you still play in Europe year in year out and still get to watch world class players every week in a shiny new stadium.

Hearing Arsenal fans saying their club is going down the drain shits me to tears too. My club is going down the drain. SM's club is going down the drain. Proud clubs like Coventry and Leyton Orient are going down the drain. PL champions Blackburn Rovers are going down the drain. Any fan from any of those clubs would happily swap the s**t we've seen and put up with for the horrors of Europa League football, money to spend on actually decent players and a chance to be competitive once in awhile. We'll have Granit Xhaka and Aaron Ramsey against Koln and Ostersunds and you can have Jack Rodwell and Lee Camp against Barnsley and Bury.

And yeah sure Stan Kroenke is a s**t human being and a crappy owner but you've finished top 6 every season he's been in charge (not defending him just laying out the facts). Meanwhile, myself and SM, and thousands of others week in week out, have to watch our owners actually kill our football clubs. My club will more than likely go bust and possibly dissolve if we drop to League 1. I'd look at clubs actually dying and be a bit ******* grateful about what you've got before going on some crybaby whinge about how the Europa League and FA Cups are beneath you.

Arsenal can seriously go get ******. Especially the fans. "Wengers killing our club!" is up there with one of the dumber things I've seen. Sure he hasn't been good these past few years but you've still won things (unlike your neighbours) and you still play in Europe year in year out and still get to watch world class players every week in a shiny new stadium.

Hearing Arsenal fans saying their club is going down the drain shits me to tears too. My club is going down the drain. SM's club is going down the drain. Proud clubs like Coventry and Leyton Orient are going down the drain. PL champions Blackburn Rovers are going down the drain. Any fan from any of those clubs would happily swap the s**t we've seen and put up with for the horrors of Europa League football, money to spend on actually decent players and a chance to be competitive once in awhile. We'll have Granit Xhaka and Aaron Ramsey against Koln and Ostersunds and you can have Jack Rodwell and Lee Camp against Barnsley and Bury.

And yeah sure Stan Kroenke is a s**t human being and a crappy owner but you've finished top 6 every season he's been in charge (not defending him just laying out the facts). Meanwhile, myself and SM, and thousands of others week in week out, have to watch our owners actually kill our football clubs. My club will more than likely go bust and possibly dissolve if we drop to League 1. I'd look at clubs actually dying and be a bit ******* grateful about what you've got before going on some crybaby whinge about how the Europa League and FA Cups are beneath you.

Inb4 some pointless mention of it all being "relative" lol.

Arsenal can seriously go get ******. Especially the fans. "Wengers killing our club!" is up there with one of the dumber things I've seen. Sure he hasn't been good these past few years but you've still won things (unlike your neighbours) and you still play in Europe year in year out and still get to watch world class players every week in a shiny new stadium.

What a weird melt.

This is why we are complaining, we went from title challengers then to top 4 challengers and soon to be top 6 challengers, can you see the downhill trend?
This rot has lasted well over 10 years, but has accelerated the last two. We have gone from a respected club to a meme joke club in such a short time frame, and this is only going to get worse as we struggle to bring/keep top players, because we lack ambition.
If we don't become vocal and speak up, Arsenal will soon be on your list of clubs going down the drain, which I argue we all ready are.

This is why we are complaining, we went from title challengers then to top 4 challengers and soon to be top 6 challengers, can you see the downhill trend?
This rot has lasted well over 10 years, but has accelerated the last two. We have gone from a respected club to a meme joke club in such a short time frame, and this is only going to get worse as we struggle to bring/keep top players, because we lack ambition.
If we don't become vocal and speak up, Arsenal will soon be on your list of clubs going down the drain, which I argue we all ready are.

Accelerated in that you've gone from finishing 4th for a while to finishing 6th for a while? Oh dear.

Ladder position does not represent the whole picture, your more than welcome to take a narrow view though.
Yes I'm taking a narrow view. I have no perspective or context for what a club in crisis looks like.

Arsenal fans have every right to be angry. They were in the top 4 for ages and then they decided f this we need to go one step further and win a title.

Instead they miss the CL spots altogether. The expectations have risen and Wenger has really under delivered.

It's all relative is the catch cry of the entitlement era.

No one is ever going to convince me that the extent of the carrying on about a club still consistently making Cup finals, competing in Europe, and dropping 60m on a striker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I'm taking a narrow view. I have no perspective or context for what a club in crisis looks like.
Sorry mate but I don't buy into your fallacy of relative privation e.g (I have no right to complain about being hungry because there are kids starving in Africa)

Like others have said it is all relative.

How dare there be varying degrees of expectation.

Issues are all relative.

What is their expectation? They played in a Cup final a week ago. Yeah, they lost 3-0, so what? They've won three FA Cups in the last four years.

Their expectation is to be competitive in the title chase? Guess what, there is no title chase, no one is competitive. Do you see Man Utd fans crying into their bedspreads because they're a distant second? They have more reason than anyone to be aggreived.

Their expectation is to be competitive in CL? Guess what, they get bundled out at the same stage every year and end up at this point of Europa. That's not regression.

Yeah for the second year running they're going to come Top 6 instead of Top 4. Shock horror, clubs do have that happen. Chelsea, United, Liverpool have all copped that and not carried on as if it was the death of their club.

Sorry mate but I don't by into your fallacy of relative privation e.g (I have no right to complain about being hungry because there are kids starving in Africa)

Like others have said it is all relative.

Relative to what though is my point. Read my response to Shoei. If you were currently in the relegation zone and all your best players were being asset stripped, then ABSOLUTELY you could complain, because relative to last season, everything is a lot worse. Hell, even if you were fighting for a spot in the top 10 I could concede the point. The fact is that RELATIVE to your performances last season, you're doing fine. You've made 'better' (read: more expensive) signings than last season, you've already played in a Cup final, and you have a decent chance of CL qualification through Europa.

It'd be like someone dining out on steak two nights in a row and complaining on the second night because the steak is slightly too well done despite the meal overall being pretty much the same standard.

Relative to what though is my point. Read my response to Shoei. If you were currently in the relegation zone and all your best players were being asset stripped, then ABSOLUTELY you could complain, because relative to last season, everything is a lot worse. Hell, even if you were fighting for a spot in the top 10 I could concede the point. The fact is that RELATIVE to your performances last season, you're doing fine. You've made 'better' (read: more expensive) signings than last season, you've already played in a Cup final, and you have a decent chance of CL qualification through Europa.

It'd be like someone dining out on steak two nights in a row and complaining on the second night because the steak is slightly too well done despite the meal overall being pretty much the same standard.
Relative to Arsenal's own expectations.

For Arsenal fans, going from League titles/ being in champions league, to Fighting for top 6 spots/ Europa (which doesn't look like changing anytime soon). feels to us like being relegated, of course I don't expect you to understand and you shouldn't because well, your not an Arsenal supporter.

It's all relative is the catch cry of the entitlement era.

No one is ever going to convince me that the extent of the carrying on about a club still consistently making Cup finals, competing in Europe, and dropping 60m on a striker.
Ding!

It's arrogance. They believe they belong at the top, it's almost their birthright. Just listen to them on TwatFan TV. Quite often they'll say things like "we're the Arsenal" when referencing their "fall" as if 'how dare this happen to us... We're the Arsenal'.

Well you have to work hard and get a lot right on/off the field to achieve optimum results. We had no right to be in the elite bracket after achieving European success in the 80's under Burkinshaw and suffered nearly 2 decades of decline largely through poor ownership/management from the top (Lord Sugar). Everton could feel entitled as they were arguably one of the best clubs in England/Europe but never got to realise it fully as their neighbours cost them that with Heysel. As previously stated above there are PL winners going down the gurgler. Newcastle have won nothing in over 50 years. Nott Forest are European Champions in the doldrums for ages. Bolton and Blackburn once were stable PL clubs but both are in the abyss. Then there's Pompey.

* em. A decade out of European football might teach them some humility and a sense of perspective.
That said, I'll indulge in some smartarse contradiction... We do belong above those mongs :D

For Arsenal fans, going from League titles/ being in champions league, to Fighting for top 6 spots/ Europa (which doesn't look like changing anytime soon). feels to us like being relegated, of course I don't expect you to understand and you shouldn't because well, your not an Arsenal supporter.

..Right. And relative to their expectations, what is so much worse this year than last year?

To ape your horribly condescending response, I don't expect you to understand what real crisis in a football club is because you support a plastic club where your supporters cry if their shiny new striker hasn't scored more than 2 in 4.

..Right. And relative to their expectations, what is so much worse this year than last year?

To ape your horribly condescending response, I don't expect you to understand what real crisis in a football club is because you support a plastic club where your supporters cry if their shiny new striker hasn't scored more than 2 in 4.
If my post came across as condescending I apologize, that was not my intent (the your not an Arsenal supporter should have made that obvious). I was trying to imply that there are different strokes for different folks, I understand your position, yet you can't seem to understand mine because again you bring up your relative privation fallacy.

I can see this is starting to go around in circles, have a good one SM. :thumbsu:

If my post came across as condescending I apologize, that was not my intent (the your not an Arsenal supporter should have made that obvious). I was trying to imply that there are different strokes for different folks, I understand your position, yet you can't seem to understand mine because again you bring up your relative privation fallacy.

I can see this is starting to go around in circles, have a good one SM. :thumbsu:

There's no relative privation fallacy and I've explained why there isn't quite clearly. Enjoy your arvo.

Inb4 some pointless mention of it all being "relative" lol.

Didn't take long did it?

Mate, you are nowhere near the drain. You stopped competing because Wenger wasn't able to spend money because of your previously mentioned shiny new stadium, and he still got you into the top 4 every season until last year. You brought in Aubameyang, someone considered to be a top 5 striker in world football, for 60 million quid, to bench a guy you brought for 48 million pounds 6 months earlier. You also got Mhiki for Sanchez despite most of Europe being in for him and you've got 2 world cup winners in your squad. My heart bleeds for you.

Blackburn were PL champions. Nottingham Forest have 2 European Cups, and Aston Villa have one lying around somewhere too. Sunderland are one of the biggest clubs in England. Leeds are a Champions League caliber club who almost made the UCL final at the turn of the century. Wolves were the club in the 50's and have tremendous support for a club who've done * all since TV got colour. Three of those clubs have played in the 3rd tier of English football in the last 15 years and mine looks like joining them.

Seriously mate get your ******* hand off of it.

Mate, you are nowhere near the drain. You stopped competing because Wenger wasn't able to spend money because of your previously mentioned shiny new stadium, and he still got you into the top 4 every season until last year. You brought in Aubameyang, someone considered to be a top 5 striker in world football, for 60 million quid, to bench a guy you brought for 48 million pounds 6 months earlier. You also got Mhiki for Sanchez despite most of Europe being in for him and you've got 2 world cup winners in your squad. My heart bleeds for you.
Arsenal are in big trouble. Just look at the state of this lad.

If your club isn't being run right you have every right to complain imo.

Another club in a worse position doesn't lessen that right in any way.

Arsenal supporters haven't been listened to for close to a decade if not more. So of course the disquiet is going to get more dramatic and entrenched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back