Stringer; is he performing to the expectations of the media and public ?

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt he is very talented, he could be one of the best players in the league. And that talent means he can do things others can't.

What I don't get is that we heard he cut short a holiday to start training, hasn't missed a session, why does he look so heavy? His team mates who did the same sessions are quite lean (Bombers team is generally quite lean and agile), he looks like he has been doing the same sort of training as Hurley which makes no sense if he is meant to be playing half forward/mid.

Quite concerned for him, to be honest. He doesn't look like a fella whose life is heading in the right direction, despite the trade. Whatever you think of the man personally, his kids deserve a father.

BigFooty, and particularly Bulldog supporters, genuine concern for Stringer Bell is touching

He will always be a premiership player for the Dogs, we were disappointed that he wasn’t able to focus on sorting out his priorities. We’d be happy to still have him around if he was in his 2015 form and mindset

He’s got small hands.

Never one grabs anything, means he’s a weak overhead mark for his size.

He certainly takes the odd good mark but across the board he is below average in this regard.

Being clean and one touch in the AFL is everything, unfortunately he fumbles far too much for a good player.

Ridiculous thread. Personally was pretty happy with his game, he had some great impact with the possessions he had and worked hard defensively laying 7 tackles. I reckon the coaches would be pretty happy with him.
Another week and you know he'll kick the freakish goals that didn't come off today, that's not the worry with Jake.

One for Doggies suporters...did he ever lay a tackle in his time at Western Oval? I can't remember him doing so. Could be the addition of at least a new part to his game??

Serviceable. First time up with a new club..huge pressure on him in front of a massive Essendon home crowd.

Did some nice things.

Devon Smith in same boat. New club and drifted in and out of play but I don’t see you hammering him with your mindless word drool.

You get out there and get a kick..and we’ll all give our critique on your performance.

I agree with your points. But geez some blokes have short memories (not specifically yourself)...shall I dig up the Prestia thread and see the dribble that was written about him for most of the year?

One for Doggies suporters...did he ever lay a tackle in his time at Western Oval? I can't remember him doing so. Could be the addition of at least a new part to his game??

Career best was 8 with the dogs, but only averaged a couple of a game.

Playing more midfield will help those numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of really good hardball gets, competed well in the air, won a few two on ones that were really important for us and 7 tackles. Great game. I'd take 22 games like that and 20 goals for the seaons.
You would take 20 goals in 22 games from Stringer? I’d assume if he’s is doing that poorly infront of the goals he wont make it to 22 games as he would have to spend some time in the seconds.

In 20 games i’d be expecting atleast 35 goals from him, anything less is underwhelming since hes managed 40+ goals in two seasons before.

You would take 20 goals in 22 games from Stringer? I’d assume if he’s is doing that poorly infront of the goals he wont make it to 22 games as he would have to spend some time in the seconds.

In 20 games i’d be expecting atleast 35 goals from him, anything less is underwhelming since hes managed 40+ goals in two seasons before.

But EFC didn't pay for a 40 goal forward, they got him cheaper so I doubt they expect 40 goals from him.

I swear he looked really fit and lean a few months ago but looks as though he’s put on a bunch of weight since then? Any Bombers fan can attest to this or were my eyes deceiving me a few months ago?

he laid a pretty sick tackle on Franklin in that game vs Syd in 2015 towards the end.

He seems to only want to do things when things become critical.

Quite concerned for him, to be honest. He doesn't look like a fella whose life is heading in the right direction, despite the trade. Whatever you think of the man personally, his kids deserve a father.
He's really not as bad as Ms. Gilmore tries to make out to sell her column

He's really not as bad as Ms. Gilmore tries to make out to sell her column
******* a 17-year old whilst his wife was pregnant with his son? I understand wanting to turn a blind eye to the guy on your team, but that's next level denial.

Thought he was ok for his first run at a new club tbh.. those tatts though worst i've ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back