Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Goldy > NicNat worth it? I didn't start with NicNat because I was worried about his gametime/being out of footy for so long but the way he played on the weekend surely he can match Goldy's scores? The extra cash could be so useful.

Looks like I have a forced trade after all. T. Stewart listed as injured. Not too bothered, he didn't do as well as I had hoped, just means I need to keep Lycett another week.

McGrath, Sicily, Robertson or Bonner? I'm leaning towards one of the last 2.

Or I go Simpson, but I kinda want to save a bit of coin for next week.

Can I trade two premiums? Right now I'm happy with all rookies and mid-priced players. Only issues I had were Fyfe, who I have faith in, Hibberd, who I'm a little concerned with, did not like the look of Melbourne's ball movement, no cheap marks and kicks on offer for him, and McLean who I have a bit of faith in but I can see more growth in Petracca. Looked real good in the guts.
So right now looking like going McLean to Petracca and Hibberd to Lloyd/Simpson.

Lloyd or Simpson? Both safe yeah?

Scored 2388 and ranked 6th overall. A great start that can only decline from here.

The only player im concerned about in my team ATM is Christensen. I dont like any rookies at a cheaper price so have to go up. Having a look at some uniques in Taranto, Acres or some solid stedfast types in Devon Smith/T.Greene.

For me to find this money id have to drop Treloar down to Fyfe or Jaegar.

So:
Fyfe + Taranto
Jaegar + Greene
Jaegar + D.Smith

I do like Jack Martin and Westhoff just dont think i should be taking risk with GC/Port players
Awesome start!

The only advice I can offer is don't trade if you don't need to. Bundy and Treloar should improve.

If Zerrett's named I'm looking at one of the following:

Treloar -> Cripps / Crouch / Whitfield
Weitering -> ?

or

Treloar -> Taranto / Tim Kelly (can’t split these guys; obviously if Kelly averages anything near Taranto for the season, and keeps his job, it’s easy, but…)
Weitering -> Simpson / Laird (can't split these guys either, though Kade has the slightly lower breakeven)

or

Lambert -> Taranto? Petracca?
Weitering -> ?

...or I could even just hold. But I think with three blokes with breakevens that are high relative to their likely scoring range, it probably is best to swap them out for guys with either long-term stability, cash generation capacity, or both.

I think the middle option is most attractive as it's nice to be able to trade in a set-and-forget premo this early (and my defence is lacking). But extra cash would be nice too.

Last edited:
View attachment 475953 Is anyone else a geek like me? :p

I keep my own spreadsheet of my players, their average since coming into my team, their price rise/fall since coming into my team, and their BE with formatting to help me forecast how they're performing.

Have always wanted to do this and some serious statistical analysis on form, but struggle for time....

Trade Lambert or hold?

In favour of holding: he still had his kilometres up all game (just couldn't find the ball), and he finished the game off reasonably strongly.

Against: even if he goes well, he's probably only just going to scratch at his breakeven, which is 118.

He's in the mix to go out for me, probably even with Treloar.

If Zerrett's named I'm looking at one of the following:

Treloar -> Cripps / Crouch / Whitfield
Weitering -> ?

or

Treloar -> Taranto / Tim Kelly (can’t split these guys; obviously if Kelly averages anything near Taranto for the season, and keeps his job, it’s easy, but…)
Weitering -> Simpson / Laird (can't split these guys either, though Kade has the slightly lower breakeven)

or

Lambert -> Taranto? Petracca?
Weitering -> ?

...or I could even just hold. But I think with three blokes with breakevens that are high relative to their likely scoring range, it probably is best to swap them out for guys with either long-term stability, cash generation capacity, or both.

I think the middle option is most attractive as it's nice to be able to trade in a set-and-forget premo this early (and my defence is lacking). But extra cash would be nice too.

I don't often comment on teams but have a look at Cripps opposition over the next month or so. He is very nicely priced..:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people trading Treloar? He had a bad game by his standards and still tonned up.

My situation might be unique, but: he's one of two guys that I was pretty iffy on to start with (and was brought in relatively late), and, given his breakeven (which he can certainly reach and could even smash), price, and the possible lack of easily-addressable other concerns in my team, I might be able to bring in extra value (e.g., someone like Cripps) with fairly minimal risk. It's not a fait accompli though; there's a good chance he stays. (All of this screams: "So don't pick him in the first place." I know that. ;) )

Can I trade two premiums? Right now I'm happy with all rookies and mid-priced players. Only issues I had were Fyfe, who I have faith in, Hibberd, who I'm a little concerned with, did not like the look of Melbourne's ball movement, no cheap marks and kicks on offer for him, and McLean who I have a bit of faith in but I can see more growth in Petracca. Looked real good in the guts.
So right now looking like going McLean to Petracca and Hibberd to Lloyd/Simpson.

Lloyd or Simpson? Both safe yeah?

To me this seems like unnecessary tinkering.
Petracca will go well - but what's changed in one round? McLean's side got flogged.
Lloyd and Simpson should both go well - but again what's changed in one round?

Disclaimer: I started McLean and Simpson, none of the other three.

To me this seems like unnecessary tinkering.
Petracca will go well - but what's changed in one round? McLean's side got flogged.
Lloyd and Simpson should both go well - but again what's changed in one round?

Disclaimer: I started McLean and Simpson, none of the other three.
I think the worry with McLean is how often he’ll spend in the guts and whether he can get enough footy to rack up a good score week in week out. Petracca will get his 20-22 touches in the guts every week and go forward for a goal or two. McLean to Petracca nets 75k and maybe a better averaging player?

Rockliff to who?? (Can choose literally anyone - unlimited cash but already have Titch, Merrett and Neale.)

Was thinking of choosing Cripps since he has a lower breakeven compared to other options, but I really need him to end up being in the best 8 mids in the game.

Looks like I have a forced trade after all. T. Stewart listed as injured. Not too bothered, he didn't do as well as I had hoped, just means I need to keep Lycett another week.

McGrath, Sicily, Robertson or Bonner? I'm leaning towards one of the last 2.

Or I go Simpson, but I kinda want to save a bit of coin for next week.

Curious, where'd you hear that Stewart was injured? We don't even have him listed as injured yet, so I'm not sure about that. He did an ankle against the Dees, but still played out the game and hasn't been mentioned as being dropped? Know something that I don't haha?

Why not use the other? It's a waste otherwise.

Honestly that's the only rookie I'm not happy with and I'm not sure I like the idea of trading out a non injured premium after one round. We backed our premiums in for round 1 for a reason, why not hold them ? I will admit I've toyed with the idea of sideways trading a few though.

Awesome start!

The only advice I can offer is don't trade if you don't need to. Bundy and Treloar should improve.

I have considered this and that could well be the case. Im not overly confident on Bundy ATM and think it could be worth tradeing him out.

Also considering tradeing Buddy.
Can someone confirm Buddys BE think its about ~70

Curious, where'd you hear that Stewart was injured? We don't even have him listed as injured yet, so I'm not sure about that. He did an ankle against the Dees, but still played out the game and hasn't been mentioned as being dropped? Know something that I don't haha?
upload_2018-3-28_13-39-52.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back