2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

You can only beat who is put in front of you, but it is difficult to take too much out of this game: the Crows aren't really SANFL quality. They really should be fielding their reserves in the SAAFL. Port's top-up players played a level above the Crows AFL listed players.

Patmore, Farrell played well. There is a lot to like about both these guys, a lot.
I thought Hayes was our best in the ruck, Billy a solid game. Hayes was really impressive. Outstanding debut. He excites me.
McKenzie is so composed, looked a class above.
Thomas was terrific.
Atley was superb, Snelling not far behind.
Hombsch was very solid.
Lienert very good.
Neade was also very good.
Summo, Proud the best of the Snafl list.

Patmore, Farrell played well. There is a lot to like about both these guys, a lot.
I thought Hayes was our best in the ruck, Billy a solid game. Hayes was really impressive. Outstanding debut. He excites me.
McKenzie is so composed, looked a class above.
Thomas was terrific.
Atley was superb, Snelling not far behind.
Hombsch was very solid.
Lienert very good.
Neade was also very good.
Summo, Proud the best of the Snafl list.
And..Irra

Well that was fun.
I didn't get home from work just before the 3rd quarter started but off we went 3 goals straight. So I switched to Collingwood/GWS to see what was up* and annoyingly that was/is a hellish good game so didn't get back to ours until the start of the 4th quarter. I moved the remote beyond couch potato reaching distance and watched all of the last.
Leinert and Hombsch very good down back. Irra played some irrepressible football, adds to my list of players I'd like to see get an AFL game this year. Neade is a hard little player. Thomas has to be acknowledged for his workrate and achievement today. If Atley can't crack it with us he will be fairly easy to trade. Hayes impressed but I need to see him against decent competition.

* I have Maggies v Crows recorded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither Frampton nor Ladhams is rucking.
Commentator Tim Ginever was asked who he thought was ahead as our next AFL ruck (or something like that). If I recall correctly he said Frampton had the experience but he would also consider Hayes. He said nothing about Ladhams.

Summerton regarding Lokan:
“He’s got that teaching background and he is really good with the young boys in the way he really guides them and explains things to them.

“Chad is more of a hard-edge type coach whereas Lokes is really positive and he’ll really look to get the best out of every player.”

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-03-29/lokan-prepared-for-first-game-of-sanfl-season

Having both Lokan and Greaves with a teaching background is great for our club.

Summerton regarding Lokan:
“He’s got that teaching background and he is really good with the young boys in the way he really guides them and explains things to them.

“Chad is more of a hard-edge type coach whereas Lokes is really positive and he’ll really look to get the best out of every player.”

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-03-29/lokan-prepared-for-first-game-of-sanfl-season

Having both Lokan and Greaves with a teaching background is great for our club.
Nice but kinda throwing the Chad under the bus there.

Fun day at Alberton. Hard to know exactly where we're at though. Crows are amateur league standard - and not convinced it's A1standard. Unless there's one or two seriously bad sanfl teams I can't see them winning a game.

Like everyone else I loved Hayes' game

* I have Maggies v Crows recorded.
Me too. Just got home from the game and have no voice. The cheersquad was very upbeat today. Some new chants and
bless them they were happy to give the customers that were leaving early a good send off. In fairness there were quite a few there.
It was unnecessary gratuitous and very enjoyable. Of course I didn't chime in.
Haven't read anymore than a few posts and won't coz I wanna watch the replay. One observation which might not be right.
Has Scotty Thompson coming over given us intel on the crows clearance plays. We were better at it than I've seen for a long long time.
If so it'll stand us in good stead when we play the more organised teams including the neighbours.
This win meant a lot to the playing group. Very obvious down at the race when they walked off.
Our crowd pretty chuffed as well.

A great day at Alberton :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back