Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nobody is giving a late first rounder for a 29-year-old Jenkins that has proven he's only valuable as a 3rd tall type, and even then only in that role once every few weeks, with absolutely no input in the other games. tellhimhesdreaming

If only they had a good sized defender who can take intercept marks and provide rebound from defence, and a skilled and fast onballer type who can kick goals.
With the way the cows handled those two blokes going they didn't just lose two players, they lost a bit of respect from the remaining players in the way they handled things. And it would have caused divisions in the group and particularly with Tex Walker.

lol, Dillon claiming E Betts injury was more precautionary than anything!.. the spin doctors already at work.
What he got injured so he didnt have to play Sydney??

Speaking of intercept rebound defenders how was Dooday? Only saw him a couple of times with an OOF and a smothered kick. But I didn't see a lot of the game. The next Lever or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember earlier this year when someone posted the stats on what usually happens to teams that get thumped in the GF? Crows heading down that path of missing the 8.

Keep losing and they’ll want Don’s head on a Pyke.
Being coached by Pyke does that make them pikers. A "piker" was one who shirked the issue. A long spear (18ft?) in length
the pike was threaded between lines of foot soldiers in the middle ages so the pikers holding the long spear were the last to see/feel
hand to hand combat. If things turned bad they were the first to turn tail fleeing the carnage and leading the retreat.
Walker and Ratkins strike me as being Taylor made for the pike

Second caller melting.

Coaching group inadequate.

Pyke last chance.

Gibbs soft.
Dare you to phone in and ask Graham if he agrees the players and coaches are distracted by a) eSports, b) basketball, c) membership tally lies, d) cult camps e) the threat of playing a game in India.

Speaking of intercept rebound defenders how was Dooday? Only saw him a couple of times with an OOF and a smothered kick. But I didn't see a lot of the game. The next Lever or not?

Basically. As good as the rest, I suppose. Does not like an opponent who is smaller & quick. But still learning the game. Crows back line was not very well organized.

Being coached by Pyke does that make them pikers. A "piker" was one who shirked the issue. A long spear (18ft?) in length
the pike was threaded between lines of foot soldiers in the middle ages so the pikers holding the long spear were the last to see/feel
hand to hand combat. If things turned bad they were the first to turn tail fleeing the carnage and leading the retreat.
Walker and Ratkins strike me as being Taylor made for the pike

I think it is Neil Craig in a Don Pyke mask. Game plan seems similar.

Apart from the incredible shutdown and attacking job that Steele Sidebottom did, Brodie Grundy started and finisehed so much by not only winning more of the taps than Jacobs, and definitely more to advantage, but he did a huge job around the ground. Hayes has barely started his career but Billy looks like he would be ready to step up soon. My only concern there is that he will only come under consideration when Ryder has recovered and will then be left to languish in the SANFL as Ken goes with makeshift jobs on the odd occasion Ryder is unable to play.

I am expecting them getting time WITH Ryder later on.

It's Kym Dillon in for Cornes this morning, which is a little boring tbh.
Thanks for that. No fiveAA outside Oz while the Empire Games are on. No recorded message saying sorry either. No message at all. Typical. 3AW provides a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back