Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just heard him chiding Rooch geez he's an a-hole.
Yeah, I turned off after that. 5AA has been disappointing after this game. The melts haven’t caught up to reality.

Don’t really want to change tack but my heart goes out to Gary Rohan and his family.

Incredibly sad news. It'll be weighing heavily on our coach too, given he is Rohan's cousin. Ken's had a pretty average run over the last few years with people close to him.

Do we re-think Collingwood for the year?

As average as Adelaide were, that was a massive win for Collingwood that's sure to give them plenty of confidence.

However, they have a habit of putting in one or two great performances each year which has seen them knock off the likes of Geelong and GWS in the past couple of years.
Sounds like a cracked record, but if they get lucky with injuries, they could be dangerous. We play them at the MCG in round 22 - could be a monster clash in terms of securing a top 4 finish.

The dispatches from the front are extra delusioney today.

I mean, sure, it's one thing to start the year slow after going deep the September before, quite another to get smoked on your heap by a rebuilding Collingwood team literally missing 8 first teamers and who are pissing away another fat contract on the ghost of Chris Mayne.

Fogarty will be a great player once he gets fitness and focuses on the ball - especially if the Crows become more functional in their delivery forward.

Dermie summed it up last night. He said he likes the look of Fogherty but at the moment he is following the Capatains lead, trying to be a tough guy.

The fat cats in that area were happy to hang around
30689153_10155684833118335_4631152386465857536_n.jpg

perhaps we can lend them some tarps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad indeed. Hope this will only prove to fire up the Swans for this week & the upcoming Friday night
This goes well beyond football.

The most disappointing player at the Crows is Milera. Kicked 5 in a final as a 17yo. Hes just a nothing player and has shown no real development or signs he’ll become A grade at the moment

The most disappointing player at the Crows is Milera. Kicked 5 in a final as a 17yo. Hes just a nothing player and has shown no real development or signs he’ll become A grade at the moment

Unnoticeable player. Can't help but think his career would be vastly different if he landed here on draft day.

Not at the club where he is anyway ;)

"The Crows rolled the dice at selection, going with five forwards over 190cm in wet conditions.
Pyke conceded it's something they will have to revisit, but didn't think it was the major difference in the result."

No, the major difference was that those forwards, as well as the rest of the team were not prepared to run and fumbled when they did.

I’d say it’s more that they weren’t capable of the required running, not that they weren’t prepared to. Walker, Jenkins and Flogarty can be as ‘prepared to run’ as they like, but they’re gonna have no chance of applying any meaningful defensive pressure to the likes of Murray and Crisp. Terrible selections from Pyke.

Port going in with no recognised ruckman under a closed roof is .... hold my beer

Not the same thing. We don’t have an AFL quality recognised ruckman. There was nothing stopping the Crows picking someone like Gallucci or Knight over Fogarty.

Don’t really want to change tack but my heart goes out to Gary Rohan and his family.

That really sucks. I think the Swans has a similar issue with McVeigh a few years ago, so at least he should have someone to talk to about it.

Isn’t Rohan Ken’s second cousin or something like that?

Last edited:
Not the same thing. We don’t have an AFL quality recognised ruckman. There was nothing stopping the Crows picking someone like Gallucci or Knight over Fogarty.

Gallucci looks miles away from being picked. They might be left without a choice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back