Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Bruce of the Saints out for 8 weeks.

They are a bottom 4 side after high hopes.

Lucky they haven’t traded any future picks then.

Unnoticeable player. Can't help but think his career would be vastly different if he landed here on draft day.
Has ALLLL the tools, strange how he hasn’t thrived. I think the restrictive nature of the game plan and club perhaps.

The dispatches from the front are extra delusioney today.

I mean, sure, it's one thing to start the year slow after going deep the September before, quite another to get smoked on your heap by a rebuilding Collingwood team literally missing 8 first teamers and who are pissing away another fat contract on the ghost of Chris Mayne.

I did laugh at the post-match last night when Ling mentioned Mayne as one of the candidates to come back in and strengthen Collingwood.

It's enough to make me tempted to go and stand in the rain at Alberton.

I had that thought then actually went outside.

The most disappointing player at the Crows is Milera. Kicked 5 in a final as a 17yo. Hes just a nothing player and has shown no real development or signs he’ll become A grade at the moment

Went to a club where creativity and flair is suppressed in favour of stability and control.

The longer he plays at Adelaide, the lower his value becomes.

Looks like The Cult Crows will need more mental treatment this week.

1971-A-Clockwork-Orange-07.jpg

Theyre going to have some more songs on repeat at end of year camp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide count attendances of people who say they are going but don't. Clearly.

Anyway, how ******* awful is the fixture line up today? What garbage.
If Brisbane's form from last week continues, they could push Richmond this afternoon. I for one wouldn't be disappointed if they get up.

The really bad thing for someone like Jacobs was that he got out muscled to such a point Grundy could push him out of the contest grab the ball and have enough time to do what he wanted with it time and time again. It was like watching the fall of a consistently good but not exceptional ruckman getting crushed by a similar but younger bigger better newer model.
Peter Carey

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tell us more!
In the know 're Ports' and could easily be one of many on here.
You know measured reasoned intelligent and well informed comment on us and the game tomorrow.
Especially McKenzie's role in the team. Alright i'll take my hand off it.
I had that thought then actually went outside.
sooo wasting my time looking for ya this arvo eh.

I was hoping for a caller to say 'We should have beaten Collingwood blindfolded'. And then listened to the silence.

The most disappointing player at the Crows is Milera. Kicked 5 in a final as a 17yo. Hes just a nothing player and has shown no real development or signs he’ll become A grade at the moment

He had enough talent and has had enough time that he should be a valuable contributor by now.

Not only has he not developed but he looks completely lost and disinterested.

There was nothing stopping the Crows picking someone like Gallucci or Knight over Fogarty.

If there is a reserves player further away from being picked in afl right now I’ll be shocked.

By I know what you mean about picking the right team balance and they did not have it last night. As others have pointed out their cupboard is bare unless someone makes a sudden improvement. Probably the team that can afford injuries the least in the afl right now

Fogarty will be a great player once he gets fitness and focuses on the ball - especially if the Crows become more functional in their delivery forward.
If he can build his tank.

The Crows fans talk about it as a certainty but some players just aren't aerobic beasts and at his height he needs to be.

He had enough talent and has had enough time that he should be a valuable contributor by now.

Not only has he not developed but he looks completely lost and disinterested.
Didn't he kick a bag vs the Magpies just a couple of weeks ago?

Sloane is 28 and house hunting in Melbourne.
Lynch is 28.
Walker is 28.
Gibbs is 29.
Jenkins is 29.
Otten is 29.
Mackay is 30.
Jacobs is 30.
Douglas is 31.
Betts is 31 with injury issues.
Gibson is 32.

They brought in a 29 year old and a 32 year old and we are the ones going ALL IN!

Didn't he kick a bag vs the Magpies just a couple of weeks ago?

I’ve been watching Milera since his draft year as I wanted him at port, and think he was a port fan or trained with us in his draft year? And wanted his footskills with us. But at afl level he has been massively disappointing and I have huge questions over his application. Doesn’t look like he wants to be a footballer or knows what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back