Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah - the introduction of the mandatory 12 day concussion protocol makes a week break between the Prelim finals and the Grand Final essential if you want the best players available.
What if a star player doesn't recover from their concussion in two weeks?

What if a star player does an ACL in the Preliminary Final? Do they delay the Grand Final for 12 months?

Gee Gaza must have upset someone at the SANFL… $380k fine from the SANFL for systemic cap breaches going back to 2018. In spite of the alleged breaches their A-grade haven’t won a flag since 2011 and are currently div 3 going to div 4 in 2024 starting on -12 points - an additional slap. Club president, chair and football director “warned off the course” for years to use horse racing speak for banishing folks from the industry.

Talk about “amateur league”.

Can’t even cheat properly.

“Source:” this morning’s Fertiliser.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s been the worst kept secret in footy though.

They’ve been doing s**t like this for years before even!

GAZA Stripped?

giphy.gif

Gee Gaza must have upset someone at the SANFL… $380k fine from the SANFL for systemic cap breaches going back to 2018. In spite of the alleged breaches their A-grade haven’t won a flag since 2011 and are currently div 3 going to div 4 in 2024 starting on -12 points - an additional slap. Club president, chair and football director “warned off the course” for years to use horse racing speak for banishing folks from the industry.

Talk about “amateur league”.

Can’t even cheat properly.

“Source:” this morning’s Fertiliser.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
Poor poor Jars

Royal Commission called for in this Carlton v Gold Coast game over an umpiring decision. Should go without saying who the call disadvantaged.

SA football icon and media personality Andrew Jarman says he is gutted for the players and volunteers of his childhood club as it faces extinction after receiving a record fine for salary cap breaches. Jarman, who played his entire junior career with the Eagles with his brother Darren and returned to coach the club from 2015-2019, said he was shocked by the breaches and penalty. “I’m extremely gutted, especially for a lot of our past players and hard working volunteers,” Jarman said. “

Melbourne Cricket Club members found guilty of racist behaviour face expulsion as part of the organisation’s new zero-tolerance approach to racism.
The MCC, which runs the MCG, is cracking down on poor conduct in the Members’ Reserve ahead of the AFL finals series, fed up with a decline in behaviour during the home-and-away season.
So the penalty is expulsion for fans, and an AA Guernsey for players?

On that subject, East Fremantle, this year's WAFL minor premiers, are in salary cap trouble too. Nothing so egregious as the Gaza allegations, and any penalties would likely be applied next season, leaving the Sharks with their first shot at premiership glory in 25 years.

The Wafl zonal system is rotten to the core.
80% of Perth population lives 15 kms from the coastline.
The four Wafl clubs with eastern suburban zones.Swans,Perth,East Perth,East Freo.
Can't compete with the Western suburbs clubs that have 3 times,more juniors playing.
Claremont, South's,West Perth,Subi,Peel.

It's funny, I thought there were teams from Brisbane and Adelaide in the finals also.

374320720_704896621680158_7307922226784322008_n.jpg
The AFL is thrilled to welcome the return of the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Cup Tour, which will amplify this year's finals fever in towns and cities including Tasmania and Canberra for the first time," Ms Rogers said.

So in the past the tour only included Victoria and NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, I thought there were teams from Brisbane and Adelaide in the finals also.

374320720_704896621680158_7307922226784322008_n.jpg
If you are gonna do this pile of s**t. Do it nationally.

National comp my ******* ass.

The mother of a young Adelaide Hills footballer who died after an on-field collision will take legal action against the state’s peak football body over its handling of concussions in the lead up to her son’s death.
Birdwood footballer Antonio Loiacono, 20, died after a collision during a Hills Football League match against Gumeracha in April, sparking concerns from his family that previous concussions contributed to his death.
His mother Wendy Smith has now engaged top Adelaide lawyer Greg Griffin to pursue legal action against the SANFL, claiming the league breached its concussion policy by allowing her son to play without being medically cleared.“I feel like there’s been no value put on my son’s life,” Ms Smith told the Sunday Mail. “He’s a human being, he was a talented football player and they just disregarded his life. “It’s like it’s been swept under the carpet. It’s disgusting.” Mr Griffin, who is leading a concussion class action lawsuit against the AFL, will this week write to the SANFL asking them to disclose their records of all reported concussions over the past five years to show that the league received medical certificates clearing each player to return to play.

The mother of a young Adelaide Hills footballer who died after an on-field collision will take legal action against the state’s peak football body over its handling of concussions in the lead up to her son’s death.
Birdwood footballer Antonio Loiacono, 20, died after a collision during a Hills Football League match against Gumeracha in April, sparking concerns from his family that previous concussions contributed to his death.
His mother Wendy Smith has now engaged top Adelaide lawyer Greg Griffin to pursue legal action against the SANFL, claiming the league breached its concussion policy by allowing her son to play without being medically cleared.“I feel like there’s been no value put on my son’s life,” Ms Smith told the Sunday Mail. “He’s a human being, he was a talented football player and they just disregarded his life. “It’s like it’s been swept under the carpet. It’s disgusting.” Mr Griffin, who is leading a concussion class action lawsuit against the AFL, will this week write to the SANFL asking them to disclose their records of all reported concussions over the past five years to show that the league received medical certificates clearing each player to return to play.

One day Greg Griffin is gonna find himself prosecuting and defending the same case...

It’s been the worst kept secret in footy though.

They’ve been doing s**t like this for years before even!

Yesterday while at the AFLW I heard “some things” about the background of a few of Gaza’s management team and “pushing the envelope” was the kindest - and funniest - expression used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back