Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

When Karl Amon left Port, he said Hawthorn had a list capable of winning a premiership. That comment has not aged well.

Still possible to have an all NSW Grand Final.
GWS rolled us and fell painfully short v the Pies.With about half a dozen Toby Greene frees ,missed on the night.
Sydney are a fantastic side.So much talent and so many waiting for their crack ,in the seniors.
Geelong look the team to beat atm.But Jeremy Cameron fitness will be huge for them.

Tom Morris the only guy talking sense about the Higgins tackle.

How’s the victim blaming of Allir and commentary saying it shouldn’t be any games?

That’s as clear cut of a suspension ever but for some reason this one is our fault too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if Tom Mitchell is actually quite agreeable about footy or he's just playing the contrarian... Either way I don't like it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

How’s the victim blaming of Allir and commentary saying it shouldn’t be any games?

That’s as clear cut of a suspension ever but for some reason this one is our fault too.

When I watched it, I was thinking 2 games. But, I’m with you, the blaming of Aliir is next level, funny enough he is allowed to play the ball and it’s no different to the Sydney guy who got knocked out by Wright. The Sydney guy did float in front of an opposition leading forward, putting himself in a dangerous position - no one blamed him and Wright justifiably got suspended.

If they start not suspending people and saying it’s their fault they were knocked out by an illegal act (the tackle was still dangerous), then the stance on head knocks has been lost.

However, given that the AFL hasn’t been consistent, even after the “statement” suspensions to SPP, Webster and Wright, it doesn’t surprise me Higgins will take it to the tribunal.

It’s a no-loss situation. He might get a game or two off and it only costs time. It’s not like he has been “lucky” to only be offer 3 and he doesn’t have to accept what the MRO offers.

The way they were talking I thought they were going to give Aliir two weeks.

ALIIR'S ACTION MADE THE INCIDENT WORSE!

HE SHOULDN'T BE TRYING TO KICK A FOOTBALL IN A GAME OF FOOTBALL!

WOO!!

Rory Sloane has retired

I reckon Geelong/Carlton vs one of Syd/GWS in the granny, AFL won't allow an all non-Vic GF.
I still reckon Carlton is behind the pack leaders.

I've been on Collingwood since the start of the year and haven't changed, even when they went 0-3. They just have a coach and a system that holds up in big games and have plenty of time to get back to their peak. They are the anti-Port.

It does seem like they've timed this specifically for Showdown week, as some sort of emotive edge to get them up for it, but he isn't even going to be out there and we should have more than enough of our own reasons to get up for this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back