Round 6 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duman and Cole should be options the week after if you skip Mirra. Obviously more expensive, Cole a lot more, but coming off strong performances and good scores

I am thinking of taking the best one for Brayshaw via Coffield. :)

**** it. The Master Plan.
Round 6 trades:
Waterman -> Guelfi.
McGovern -> Yeo.
- About $110k in the bank. 20 trades left.

Round 7 trades:
Fritsch -> Cole/Duman, Via Coffield to MID and McLean to FWD.
- ~$180-230k in bank. 19 trades left.

Round 8 trades:
English (Will be ~$300k with ~75 ave) -> Buddy ($475k with 90 ave next 2 rounds). (Straight upgrade if possible).
Barry/?Murphy (If not playing still) or Henry (If shithouse) -> Rookie on bubble.
- Either $0k or ~$80-100k remaining. 17/18 trades left.

Rip my trades :drunk::'(

Buuuuuut it does mean I have the choice of these stud rookies on field...
DEF: 3 of Doedee/Finlayson/Murray/Cole
MID: 2 of Tilly/Holman/Coffield/Banfield
FWD: 1 of Guelfi/ZGL or some other stud rookie I bring in.

Leaves me with no more than 6 upgrades left to do with 17-18 trades left. IT COULD be less if Doedee, Finlayson, Telly, Murray/Holman maintain their studliness and become keepers at D5-6 or M8.

From Round 9 until the byes, will do minimum trades needed. Only certains are SexyRobbie in, and probably a few (no more than 2-3) rookie downgrades to store up $$$ for the byes which by the end of, I should have a full premo side*, and hopefully 6+ trades left**.

*possibly including Stud Rookies.

**If I manage to stay sober while SuperCoach is open (highly unlikely).

Last edited:

Take/Pass on Mirra?

early thoughts?

Im thinking of passing on Mirra....i have enough spuds scoring 50s...

He was clang central yest, but hawks were s**t as a collective so I’m not marking him too hard. I thought he played ok & was good the week before.

He gets plenty of it, reads play well & is tough at it, which undoubtedly endears him to clarko as the unassuming tough BP.

Last edited:
Duman and Cole should be options the week after if you skip Mirra. Obviously more expensive, Cole a lot more, but coming off strong performances and good scores
I'm grabbing the Cole miner. He's a gun and I'm hoping will end up my D6/7

Round 6 trades:
Waterman -> Guelfi. McLean comes Forward.
McGovern -> Yeo.

Round 7 trades:
Fritsch -> Cole/Duman, Via Coffield to MID and Guelfi to FWD.

Round 8 trades:
English (Will be ~$300k with ~75 ave) -> Buddy ($475k with 90 ave next 2 rounds). (Straight upgrade if possible).
Barry/?Murphy (If not playing still) or Henry (If shithouse) -> Rookie on bubble.

Leaves me with no more than 6 upgrades left to do with 17-18 trades left. IT COULD be less if Doedee, Finlayson, Telly, Murray/Holman maintain their studliness and become keepers at D5-6 or M8.

From Round 9 until the byes, will do minimum trades needed. Only certains are SexyRobbie in, and probably a few (no more than 2-3) rookie downgrades to store up $$$ for the byes which by the end of, I should have a full premo side*, and hopefully 6+ trades left**.

Look everyone, some campaigner who's season is going worse than mine :moustache:

Take/Pass on Mirra?

early thoughts?

Timing wise, it's a take for me. I need to offload Bonner this week and earn as much as i can from him for upgrades. I think Mirra can be serviceable but nothing flash and there's no Finlaysons or Doedee's on the bubble anytime soon.

Yeah Mirra likely to be brought in...
If he holds his spot next week, he should be good for couple more weeks.
You gotta cut the poor guy some slack....He played the inform team of the comp!...Go Roos!:north::sunglasses:
...I'll take it why I can, our next month is gonna be rough me thinks.:(

Wish it was Anzac day already....gotta see Guelfie in action before I bring him in too.
hopefully he's not a:pizza::poo:

Will be sitting with close to 400k in bank if all goes to plan, and then grab Danger and Premo FWD the next week or 2.

I can go Bonner to lids or Bonner McLean.

McLeans bye is far friendlier to my current set up barely any players.missing from that rnd and would save me possibly having to sideways to him then anyway.

My rnd 13 bye is not too bad 8 players missing for that rnd at 5 premos though....

Lids is so bloody tempting at his price though and i know the extra 100k will be handy.

Did Lids play on ball the last 2 weeks?
Or has he played the same role all year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 had 11 touches 3 marks and 1 tackle
Round 2 had 16 touches 1 mark and 3 tackles

Wasn't in the bests either game.
Wasn't trying in the WAFL it seems lol
much better stats in his first AFL match

I wouldn't risk it.

Crows have an injury or two so Murphy will probably come in for one of them?

Murphy aint long term, he's scoring ok for a cheap rookie and should get games when he's 100%. Im holding+ can be good having an extra loophole too. that said im on 24 trades pre danger and R Gray, so im not doing any unforced trades, and i see that as a reasonable hold.

I feel like 'to Mirra or not to Mirra' is going to be a pretty big decision

He could be stuck on your bench for the rest of the year not playing, or he could be great if he keeps his spot and pumps out 70+ scores (like he did in his first match)

Cole and Duman coming off big first game scores (hopefully) being available the week after as bubble boys is a deterrent... but building up the bank (for Danger) is a big positive

:think::think::think:

Cole's a safe bet i reckon. He was earmarked in the pre season as part of the eagles best 22 going forward.

It was only because of the passing of his late father that he's had a late start. 3rd year player, seems to have the required maturity to be a consistent scorer at AFL level and use the ball efficiently.

He was one of our best in the pre season game vs Freo, and one of our best again against Carlton. That's his last 2 eagles games

19 touches at 94%DE, he was the only player from both teams, other than Nicnat who didn't have a single clanger.

Wouldn’t be rushing for Duman to be honest with people.
Pro: He is big and lanky, so won’t be taking top forwards (Pearce, Hamling will be number 1 and 2) and so may some games where he is floating like Michael Johnson.
Con: But other games he will be required to take a mobile tall and won’t score particularly well.

Pro: good marking on the weekend despite the weather
Con: was playing the 5 foot tall (plus Boyd) WB forward line and won’t get it so easy in future. Starting with this week WC.

Pro: Ross loves youf this season
Con: not as starring or as urgent need as the other rookies have filled. I can see him being in and out of team with Johnson in coming weeks, and we have a few other similar players in WAFL who may get a call up instead.

Pro: seems like nice bloke
Con: weighs less than Mitch Crowden despite being 15-20cm taller.

Personally I would take advice of WC fans and get Cole instead.

Round 6 trades:
Waterman -> Guelfi. McLean comes Forward.
McGovern -> Yeo.

Round 7 trades:
Fritsch -> Cole/Duman, Via Coffield to MID and Guelfi to FWD.

Round 8 trades:

Is Guelfi not just a fwd in SC?

I feel like 'to Mirra or not to Mirra' is going to be a pretty big decision

He could be stuck on your bench for the rest of the year not playing, or he could be great if he keeps his spot and pumps out 70+ scores (like he did in his first match)

Cole and Duman coming off big first game scores (hopefully) being available the week after as bubble boys is a deterrent... but building up the bank (for Danger) is a big positive

:think::think::think:

Mature aged and only 102k will make you quick $$$ so long as he can keep his spot for 2-3 price changes. You're over thinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back