Autopsy Round 8 2018 Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be worth a week. MRP criticized this week for a guy suspended for a tackle and off the cuff remarks that he should bump. Can see a negative result for Parker. He is not a dirty player for an in and under guy as seemed genuinelt concerned that it went wrong after checking out the replay. In real time he did the right thing but think it will get a week as he doesn't gather the pill and moves past it. Hope Christian is generous

He didn't actually go past the ball it was flicked under him by Impy(?), not really sure how he could have avoided that but agree he'll probably get a week.

Really? Was it deliberate? No. Was it negligent? He took all measures to turn...no! Was he playing the ball? Yes! The questions: did impey obstruct the legitimate challenge (through no fault of his own, here merely pushed the ball forward)? Yes. Was Impey unfortunate...absolutely!

Anyway, we’ll find out tomorrow!

I really believe they try to create controversy so they have something to talk about.

At least we find out the MRP lotto numbers tomorrow rather than Monday. Got a feeling he will get a week.

One comment was that this was going to be a horrible game to watch. It wasn't in fact. Thank you to the people who were positive. That was me five years ago.

Always knew there was something special about Ben Ronke. The first time I saw him play live was in an intra match. The senior plsayers had to settle him down because he was going hard as at the ball and player. The kid is just a naturally hard, see ball, get ball deliver ball, kick goal kind of kid. But tonight's effort was just sensational. some of the goals he kicked were just wonderful. The two where he shrugged off players, dodged and shot out of nowhere were just unbelievable.

Add to that Hayward kicking another three and the forward line is starting to come together. Think about it. surround Buddy with kids that can kick multiple goals and you have a hell for the opposition every week. McCartin didn't take many huge marks but what he did do was provide a target and bring the ball to ground to be picked up by other players. He also did something else, he provided a lot of pressure by his chase and tackle.

Lucky to win but as in the 2012 GF I'll take their inaccuracy every time. Several players were pivotal. Lloydy with 35 was sensational. Heens, Hewee, Parks and Jonsie were wonderful. I applaud the backs who had the hardest job of the lot against the most dangerous forwards in the game. Gunston was really on tonight and not even Leo barry could have held him goalless. but i do worry about Rampe's form. It has been up and down for a couple of seasons now. Maybe he needs to curtail his social activities a bit and think about footy. After all this is his career.

I can't believe Harry Cunningham had 27. Astounded. Dean Towers was very poor tonight. i think Darcy Cameron needs to come in next week and go back to a traditional ruck setting. Obviously Buddy won't be ready and when hannas is ready I'd rather he got some match fitness in the reserves. Come to think of it he might just find it hard to fight his way back in if the young kids keep playing like this. Robbo got 20 and wasn't our worst tonight. He made a couple of dreadful mistakes but so did some really really senior players including McVeigh, twice and both led to goals to Hawks. But Robbo also did some very clever and telling things too.

I thought it a very good team effort tonight. The fact that the coaches were instructing the players to hit up the lead was wonderful. I was still not happy with Longmire allowing them an extra in defence but I must applaus young McCartin in his attack on player and ball and busting the packs. The Hawks were allowed to get away with shepherding off the ball so often. We have been done for this on so many occasions this year and yet here they are getting away with it. Sad really.

Two incidents that showed umpire bias;

Rohan goes up and interferes with the player by leaping early and does not get near the ball. Free to Hawks and fair enough.

Gunston takes out two Swans players by leaping early and interfering with them both. No free.

This was the trend of the night. They got away with the most obvious throw in the game and got a goal from it. I don't think Jaeger has ever heard of a handball. Kizza got away with a few too. I hate throws the rules are clear on incorrect disposal as they seem to want to call it these days. A throw is a bloody throw. Why can't these corporate types speak plain language? But of course they can't because they are a bunch of w***ers.
Nice post wolf but Cameron is a ‘no’ (for the time being) because he’s not needed. McCartin/Sinclair worked very well even though the young fella didn’t score on the board...he scored!

I really believe they try to create controversy so they have something to talk about.

At least we find out the MRP lotto numbers tomorrow rather than Monday. Got a feeling he will get a week.
It’d be an injustice but it wouldn’t be surprising. The fact he hit his head, that’s a no no.

Really? Was it deliberate? No. Was it negligent? He took all measures to turn...no! Was he playing the ball? Yes! The questions: did impey obstruct the legitimate challenge (through no fault of his own, here merely pushed the ball forward)? Yes. Was Impey unfortunate...absolutely!

Anyway, we’ll find out tomorrow!
Parker protected himself, Impey did not. Ball was not there when Parker reached down, Impey had given it a slight touch and went between Parker's legs. As the Fox footy guys ( forget Brereton) said, what would be the result if Parker had gained control of the ball. One protects himself , the other doesn't. Roos non committal as you could expect, Brown of the opinion he would get off. Leigh Montagna and Tex Walker agree with Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game, hawks didn’t even deserve to be close, our setup was far superior. We were far and away the better team. Special mention to jones, Ronke, papley and florent having the confidence and backing themselves to take the game on

Horse out coached ‘the best coach in the league’ tonight. Held Rohan and Ronke outside of the contest up the ground at times it mattered most where their break away speed spoke for itself.

Don’t want to beat up a kid on his first game but geez I hope Mccartin shook the nerves out tonight. Bit of a young LRT performance from him.

My only concern is how easy teams are snapping goals out of packs in contested situations from their forward line.

Parker protected himself, Impey did not. Ball was not there when Parker reached down, Impey had given it a slight touch and went between Parker's legs. As the Fox footy guys ( forget Brereton) said, what would be the result if Parker had gained control of the ball. One protects himself , the other doesn't. Roos non committal as you could expect, Brown of the opinion he would get off. Leigh Montagna and Tex Walker agree with Brown.
Pretty sure I said that so thanks for the confirmation.

In effect he can’t go for the ball. Impey (or any player) leads with their head and an opponent has to stand back. It would be harsh for him to get a week but after the Nic Nat decision who knows.
Exactly!

:D

I'm guessing a couple of bevvies were enjoyed at the pregame meet up, Ticky? :thumbsu:
Yes.
And I was utterly convinced we were gonna blow it at the end there. As were some complete w***ers up behind us. Their sudden disappearance was sweet.

If I may respond:

My club has never bathed in the glow of the AFL's benevolence.

What on earth does Ronke have to do with our trade for O'Meara?

You guys ****** up with Mitchell... Patently obvious even if he ended up somewhere other than my club. BTW, how's the Lance flag winning experiment working out? I think we're 2 up.

Every supporter who gets on another clubs page after a loss knows nothing about football.

I hate you for 2012 and it still burns. The way Franklin dogged us burns me more.

I hate losing to you campaigners and we shouldn't have lost tonight.

I'm saltier than the red ******* sea.

But we'll be back.

Over and out.
Fair call. Although as an expansion club, you were recently gifted priority picks which led directly to a threepeat. Not to mention that every GF in that threepeat was played on your home ground despite playing teams who finished the season ranked higher than you in two of those years. So yeah, the hawks have bathed in the AFL's benevolence on occasion.

Better luck next time.

Parker report will probably be graded careless-medium impact (high) contact which means 2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea. Depends on if Impey was concussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back