Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with you on this

. We have seen this many times over the years and in 95% of the occasions the player involved wins .
I give credit to the Roos for digging their heals in . But behind the media reports we are not fully informed of all the issues, so its hard to say who is right and who is wrong.
One thing I recommend , is if a country footy club recruits a so called gun player and pays good bucks per match , for christ sake make the contract a one season only deal .

. We have seen this many times over the years and in 95% of the occasions the player involved wins .
I give credit to the Roos for digging their heals in . But behind the media reports we are not fully informed of all the issues, so its hard to say who is right and who is wrong.
One thing I recommend , is if a country footy club recruits a so called gun player and pays good bucks per match , for christ sake make the contract a one season only deal .

Negates the need for a contract then really doesn't it?

And the club involved who is gaining the players services also wins. What I’m getting at is it’s not always or entirely the player who is at fault.

Regularly players get contacted from clubs that really know nothing about them apart from what they have read or heard and get offered good $$ to move to a club that similarly they also know little about. apart from a well pitched speal over the phone and a quick tour of there facilities.

Maybe instead of offering top dollar and a two year contract clubs could do the opposite and tier there contracts in the way that rewards a player for years served and games played. Traditionally it has been the complete opposite which is crazy. You have a bloke who has been there 5-7 years and on a quarter of what a bloke who turns up in January but kicked a 100 for Benalla...

And the club involved who is gaining the players services also wins. What I’m getting at is it’s not always or entirely the player who is at fault.

Regularly players get contacted from clubs that really know nothing about them apart from what they have read or heard and get offered good $$ to move to a club that similarly they also know little about. apart from a well pitched speal over the phone and a quick tour of there facilities.

Maybe instead of offering top dollar and a two year contract clubs could do the opposite and tier there contracts in the way that rewards a player for years served and games played. Traditionally it has been the complete opposite which is crazy. You have a bloke who has been there 5-7 years and on a quarter of what a bloke who turns up in January but kicked a 100 for Benalla...

The problem with that is that you have to offer something up front to get blokes in the door for starters

The problem with that is that you have to offer something up front to get blokes in the door for starters
Why not just buy out the contract. It would of cost Mansfield $5K to appeal to AFL Vic, offer Corowa $5K to payout contracts. Corowa recoup some money, Mansfield and players happy. Everyone moves on.

Why not just buy out the contract. It would of cost Mansfield $5K to appeal to AFL Vic, offer Corowa $5K to payout contracts. Corowa recoup some money, Mansfield and players happy. Everyone moves on.

The appeal process is only a $500 cost now. And it is against AFLVic rules to buy out a contract. Its a tough one thats for sure, especially with the amount of money being offered these days. I think contracts greater than 1 year are a dangerous thing, for both club and player. You never know what is around the corner in 12 months time.

The appeal process is only a $500 cost now. And it is against AFLVic rules to buy out a contract. Its a tough one thats for sure, especially with the amount of money being offered these days. I think contracts greater than 1 year are a dangerous thing, for both club and player. You never know what is around the corner in 12 months time.

Especially at country level; egos, mindsets, club direction and personnel all change too quickly for more than a year contract.

Think Corowa have played hard ball long enough with Lawton and Rose. Why not just clear the blokes now. It really has turned into a lose lose situation.

I understand clubs wanting players to uphold there contracts and stay for more than one year. But what is Corowa gaining now by not allowing them to play in another competition? In my opinion All they have garaunteed themselves is that Lawton and Rose will never return to the club.

Why not clear them in the first place with the hope they may return in the future and drag a couple back with them from Mansfield? Yes this is highly unlikely given Lawton’s track record but is a much better alternative to burning the bridge all together.

They don't want them back.

Then they would be cleared by now. Haven’t got a leg to stand on if they don’t want them back.

They have already lost the appeal, Mansfield have given up. Rose says he is heading back to Narrenderra to play league, must of been a great job he had at Mansfield. Funny that Mansfield are the ones in the papers trying to look like they have done no wrong, they went about it the whole wrong way, now its too late.

While it's been an ugly look in the media. In the end Marc had to make a stand about the sort of culture and direction he wants the club going in under his reign. You can't have contracted blokes just walking out, because some other club has an allegedly better job and a couple extra green notes to play footy.

Anyone heading up to Myrt tonight? Looks a nasty game to lose. The Saints need to get their season rolling and the Rovers desperately need this one to avoid the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have already lost the appeal, Mansfield have given up. Rose says he is heading back to Narrenderra to play league, must of been a great job he had at Mansfield. Funny that Mansfield are the ones in the papers trying to look like they have done no wrong, they went about it the whole wrong way, now its too late.

So what you are saying is Corowa don’t want either Rose or Lawton back but have gone the distance in also making sure that they cannot play for another club in 2018...? So if Lawton and Rose decide they would actually like to have a kick at Corowa after all then they would not have them? Well in my opinion they should be able to play elsewhere...

So what you are saying is Corowa don’t want either Rose or Lawton back but have gone the distance in also making sure that they cannot play for another club in 2018...? So if Lawton and Rose decide they would actually like to have a kick at Corowa after all then they would not have them? Well in my opinion they should be able to play elsewhere...
They can get stuffed , mercenaries

Has the gap between top 5 and bottom 5 ever been as big as it is now?
There are some exciting games between top 5 teams such as Raiders and Lavi this weekend as well as bottom 5 games like North Albury and Wodonga today.
Problem is when the top 5 sides play the bottom

Has the gap between top 5 and bottom 5 ever been as big as it is now?
There are some exciting games between top 5 teams such as Raiders and Lavi this weekend as well as bottom 5 games like North Albury and Wodonga today.
Problem is when the top 5 sides play the bottom

Looking that way ,, but its good to see some close games at either end ,,, like the Raiders beating Lavy by 5 points today , and the Hoppers by only one point over Wodonga,,,

Looking that way ,, but its good to see some close games at either end ,,, like the Raiders beating Lavy by 5 points today , and the Hoppers by only one point over Wodonga,,,
Sadly this weeks round of footy looks very ordinary. Think North having a crack against Lavi will be the close game. All the others look like they could be 20 goal beatings

Sadly this weeks round of footy looks very ordinary. Think North having a crack against Lavi will be the close game. All the others look like they could be 20 goal beatings
I thought the same thing. Is there a market for 5 x 100 point wins in the one round.

Bleak day in the O&M
Very bad and very expected. Can’t believe the bottom 5 played the top 5 on the same day. 4 margins at 100 points or close enough plus a shocking injury that prevented another potential one.
Very sad that such an injury has occurred to such a great person in the league as well.

Very bad and very expected. Can’t believe the bottom 5 played the top 5 on the same day. 4 margins at 100 points or close enough plus a shocking injury that prevented another potential one.
Very sad that such an injury has occurred to such a great person in the league as well.

Terrible news re: very serious injury. I find it interesting that the injured players team said they were happy to continue but the opposition were not...hence the drawn game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back