Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi,

Unfortunately no petting zoo tomorrow. It will be back at same stage this season! Community team tends to rotate through different activations each game.

Cheers,

Cool, would be great to know the next time it comes around. Nothing soothes pre game nerves like patting a baby alpaca.

Hi,

Unfortunately no petting zoo tomorrow. It will be back at same stage this season! Community team tends to rotate through different activations each game.

Cheers,
So, no TBD, the Collingwood cheer squad will not be attending this game.

Cool, would be great to know the next time it comes around. Nothing soothes pre game nerves like patting a baby alpaca.
And what about for your kid?

What exactly are you talking about here? Not getting a guernsey...?

If it's the player announcement video pre-match you are talking about...his video plays, as does Oscar's video.

OK.

We must have either been in a time warp or had a collective TIA.

Three of us sitting together thought the same as what I said.

Could have sworn it got to #33 Zac Bailey ........and stopped there.

Now I don't know whether to be :huh: or :oops:

Was a little concerned after I watched Locker Talk this week. Was a mostly standard chat about a few common conspiracies, but the Rhys Mathieson comments about Sandy Hook were a little concerning.

Segment now deleted so I'm hoping the club has had a little bit of a word to Rhys?

Eagles and Big O are missing from the video they put up on the big screen where they count up through the players.

Eagles and Big O are missing from the video they put up on the big screen where they count up through the players.

The intro video? If so, Oscar was definitely on it. I don’t remember Eagles specifically but I remember that Oscar was the last player up.

Was a little concerned after I watched Locker Talk this week. Was a mostly standard chat about a few common conspiracies, but the Rhys Mathieson comments about Sandy Hook were a little concerning.

Segment now deleted so I'm hoping the club has had a little bit of a word to Rhys?

Hi,

Yes the video has been deleted and it should never have gone live with that part in it. The video was edited and published late on Friday and unfortunately wasn't checked over before going live.

Our Head of Personal Excellence and Wellbeing spoke to Rhys about what he said. He was pretty shocked as he had misinterpreted the question and was talking about a conspiracy theory he had heard of, not one that he believed in. He 100% doesn't believe Sandy Hook to be a conspiracy.

The video was a bad mistake on our part. Locker Talk is meant to be a fun segment and conspiracy theories were a bad choice of topic. Apologies to all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions_Insider - I can’t access the Latest Audio function to listen to the Roar Deal and other audio content via the Lions app or via the Lions website on my year old iPhone.

Do others have the same issue or is there a way to access the audio function from my mobile phone that I am missing?

Cheers D12

Lions_Insider - I can’t access the Latest Audio function to listen to the Roar Deal and other audio content via the Lions app or via the Lions website on my year old iPhone.

Do others have the same issue or is there a way to access the audio function from my mobile phone that I am missing?

Cheers D12

You should be able to listen via the Podcast app on your iPhone. Just search for the Roar deal.

Hi,

Yes the video has been deleted and it should never have gone live with that part in it. The video was edited and published late on Friday and unfortunately wasn't checked over before going live.

Our Head of Personal Excellence and Wellbeing spoke to Rhys about what he said. He was pretty shocked as he had misinterpreted the question and was talking about a conspiracy theory he had heard of, not one that he believed in. He 100% doesn't believe Sandy Hook to be a conspiracy.

The video was a bad mistake on our part. Locker Talk is meant to be a fun segment and conspiracy theories were a bad choice of topic. Apologies to all.

Pretty tough on Rhys too - he doesn't need public censure for participating in a club promotion. Hope he received apologies as well.

Hi Lions_Insider

I'm sure that somewhere (I thought here, but apparently not) I saw a promotion for a free sml coffee for Vic members at The Coffee Shop. Popped into my local one, where they told me it is only for the day after a game. When I apologised and said I must've misunderstood, they were fantastic and gave me a freebie cup hot chocolate anyway.....they really were very nice.

....having said that, did I misunderstand, because I'm really not sure that what I read did say after a game.

Absolutely no issue, just wondering what the offer actually is..

cheers

Last edited:
Hi Lions_Insider

Was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I’ve purchased the all for one jersey and I live in Perth so I’m getting it delivered. I know people who pick it up from the Gabba get a breakfast and tour of the facility’s. And Melbourne get to go to the captains run (which I’m sure they get 6-7 times a year) but us in Perth we get the captains run once a year surely we get something else when the team is here for the dockers game. Especially if we ave purchased that gurnsey.

Thanks

Hi Lions_Insider

Was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I’ve purchased the all for one jersey and I live in Perth so I’m getting it delivered. I know people who pick it up from the Gabba get a breakfast and tour of the facility’s. And Melbourne get to go to the captains run (which I’m sure they get 6-7 times a year) but us in Perth we get the captains run once a year surely we get something else when the team is here for the dockers game. Especially if we ave purchased that gurnsey.

Thanks
Um, the little old lady walking her dog that doesn’t give a stuff about footy can attend the captains run in Melbourne just by walking past Wesley College, so those in Melbourne who purchased the jumper get no extras either.

Hi Lions_Insider

I'm sure that somewhere (I thought here, but apparently not) I saw a promotion for a free sml coffee for Vic members at The Coffee Shop. Popped into my local one, where they told me it is only for the day after a game. When I apologised and said I must've misunderstood, they were fantastic and gave me a freebie cup hot chocolate anyway.....they really were very nice.

....having said that, did I misunderstand, because I'm really not sure that what I read did say after a game.

Absolutely no issue, just wondering what the offer actually is..

cheers

Hi,

Yes the promotion is called Bonus Brew: www.lions.com.au/bonusbrew (the page is updated with the participating stores based on whether the upcoming game is in Melbourne or Brisbane).

It is the day after a game, and runs only in Melbourne after our five Melbourne games and only in Brisbane after our home games.

We promote it on social the day after the game when it is on.

Good to hear they still gave you a free coffee!

Cheers,

Hi Lions_Insider

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for purchasing the guernsey.

At this stage there is no extra activity planned for the Perth game for those who purchased the guernsey. I'll let you know if this changes though.

Lots of people from around Australia purchased the guernsey so it is hard to offer extras for everyone.

Cheers,

Hi,

Yes the promotion is called Bonus Brew: www.lions.com.au/bonusbrew (the page is updated with the participating stores based on whether the upcoming game is in Melbourne or Brisbane).

It is the day after a game, and runs only in Melbourne after our five Melbourne games and only in Brisbane after our home games.

We promote it on social the day after the game when it is on.

Good to hear they still gave you a free coffee!

Cheers,

Thanks for the response L_I.......I obviously did misunderstand what I read.

As you say it was good of the girls to give me the cuppa. I declined at first, due to the promotion not being as I thought, but the girls were terrific and insisted (one was a Pies fan) said she loved our JB and wished he had've gone to the Pies.

We had a bit of a chat about footy ... they were great ambassadors for their employer:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back