Autopsy Hawks pile on the points v Suns - Rd 14 , 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It was difficult to watch at times but it’s a win and I just keep banking those games for the young blokes. Tassie may produce good money but it’s always difficult watching

Nice to see JOM coming along
Good 100th from Mitch

Disappointing for Silk and hopefully it’s not serious and also the calf for Gunners could see them both miss next week

On to next week

Ps 8 wins 5 losses doesn’t buy you much these days. Hanging onto 8th spot with North set to reclaim it with a win over Dogs tonight...
Roos aren't the same without Waite, only been 1 game but it's had an affect on brown imo as the defence can really put some heat on him. They should win but I reckon the dogs will be in this for a while.

Pret
Is it just me or do wins not feel as good as they used to?
Agree. Because they have mostly been ugly wins against competitively poor opposition. And let’s face it, we’re a poor team compared to what we’ve been used to seeing in our glory days. But that’s the system. It could be far worse like Carlton for example. The funny thing is we’re still in contention for finals action which doesn’t speak volumes for the state of the competition.

Spewing about the hammy. Our depth is already thin and Burgoyne is huge loss even though we supposedly have a run of ‘easy’ games approaching ( except GWS which might hurt).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like Tom Lynch, hope he chooses us! With Lynch and another quality mid we may actually be a top 4 team! Add drafting some good young talent and we are not far off, but you look at what was produced today and whilst you take the win you can see clearly some big holes.

The footage from this game needs to be exorcised by a priest, doused with sanitiser, coated by petrol, lit on fire and then extinguished by being pissed on.

The ashes then should be buried, dug up, exorcised again, sprayed with Glen 20, put into a box and then loaded into a safe, strapped to a nuclear rocket, shot out into space and detonated in another galaxy.

Really like Tom Lynch, hope he chooses us! With Lynch and another quality mid we may actually be a top 4 team! Add drafting some good young talent and we are not far off, but you look at what was produced today and whilst you take the win you can see clearly some big holes.
It is frustrating that we really just seem to play to the level of our opponent. I feel like we would have been a lot better against a better team. Need to be ruthless against the bottom teams. Lynch had a mighty fine audition in front of Clarko

Good to get the win and some % but otherwise that was awful to watch.

The good for mine were:
Impey, Shiels (BOG), Mitchell, Jaeger, Howe, Stratton, Gunston, Timmy, Sicily, Silk and Bruest

Langers was better with his disposal and pressure was good again. Poppy was okay as was Harry M.

Going to have to be better next week to get near the Giants in Sydney.

Luke Breust is AA , I don’t care that he isn’t scoring as many goals as he was early season!!!!
Breust, Shiels, Impey and Jaeger were standouts.
Is Roughead cooked? Or just out of form?

The sad fact is that if we had a Lynch or indeed O'Brien going to another level up forward, Rough would be on the verge of going to the VFL. You can't take a mark and kick a goal in the dying seconds of each game and think you have done your job. Love the bloke but his footy has been less than ordinary for some time and probably with good reason after what he's been through.

Interesting to see who will Captain the club next year? My short list would be from; Mitchell, O'Meara, Gunston, Smith, McEvoy and perhaps O'Rourke....okay maybe not the last one.. I certainly want to stuff up Mitchell's form by adding pressure on him, but he seems the type of bloke to actually relish this honour.

Pretty unwatchable game for the most part.

Some great efforts in amongst that though, it’s just a pity we robbed ourselves of a 100pt win with poor conversion.

Early morning here in London, the sun in the sky (honest!), house very quiet and I have a number of things to do and I watched that game. Despite the win - and thankful for that after the first quarter- Yazz’s “Only Way is Up” comes to mind.

Hope there is a a lot of upside in our group but we are in the right.

Hard to watch Roughy at the moment - timing not there at all and getting manhandled week by week by some real rubbish. Like an aging gunfighter being called out by anyone with a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back