Good Call Bad Call 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good call, great call, rebuild properly call

Fisher will finish in the top 10 in our B&F. GC/BC

Good call, top 10 call, not much competition when you look at it but fading in the mid-season run call.

Paddy Dow will be our solitary nominated Rising Star this season - GC/BC?

Good call, top 10 call, not much competition when you look at it but fading in the mid-season run call.

Paddy Dow will be our solitary nominated Rising Star this season - GC/BC?

Good call, probably couldn't give a rats arse considering the year we have had call, but I'll take a rising star nom from a very poor year on field.

Der ‘it’s outta here,scary good,you betcha’wayne rusell is a flog of the highest order...GC/BC?
Obvious to the point of being almost redundant call.

Good Call, threads such as this one provide some welcome relief from the litany of list management threads.

The AFL should schedule the AFLW season to run concurrently with the AFL season. Play the games as curtain raisers to AFL games. This would provide the women's game with increased exposure and give the fans who pay to attend games more value for their dollar. Good Call/Bad Call?
Terrific call, essential call, incentive for the reluctant to get to games call.

It's an absolute travesty that all women's AFL isn't on free to air tv, and it shits me right up the wall.

All AFL media should be banned from using the word 'Allegedly', and if what they say is untrue they should be held accountable under libel laws, instead of being protected by that word. GC/BC?

Last edited:
Very good call ..

Deerrwayne Russell should get a job hosting play school
Gc/bc
Bad call Pop. Inconsiderate to children call. Dwayno should only be used for clearing blocked pipes.

Congestion would be cleared by paying incorrect disposal. GC/BC?

Bad call Pop. Inconsiderate to children call. Dwayno should only be used for clearing blocked pipes.

Bad call only hold up play further call More stoppages call More chance for AFL to * it up call.

Umps should put away the whistle except when players are going to/could be hurt Good call / Bad call.

Dwayne Pipe

Bad call only hold up play further call More stoppages call More chance for AFL to **** it up call.

Umps should put away the whistle except when players are going to/could be hurt Good call / Bad call.
Interesting call, not sure it's the right call call, don't think it would clear the congestion call.

You hear 'hang up the whistle/that was barely there/tiggy-touchwood free kick' fairly often, so the natural inclination of the footy fan is to want less free kicks, less umpire involvement. However, with the amount of rules there are, there are always going to be breaches in the rules, and if you're letting umpires decide when a particular play is likely to hurt someone rather than if the player is in breach of the rules, umpire discretion gets involved. Say, you've then got a situation like most of the last few years, where an umpire attended several Hawthorn player's weddings as a member of the groom's party, then adjudicated their games; I wonder then exactly how his friendship will impact on how he adjudicates what is likely to injure his friends, if there's any difference there.

Then, you realise that, because free kick numbers are less, the frees that are rewarded are far more impactful, and where they are awarded becomes even more important. You then, as a list manager, start to look not for players that can find the ball, take a strong mark, kick a bag, run all day etc - the players who are footballers or athletes - and instead look for the players who are best able to find free kicks in range of goal; the small forward of the Puopolo bent, who lowers their torso at the knees to find head high free kicks, or the Cyril Rioli like tackler who is exceptional at making the tackled drop the ball in such a way as to find a free kick, whether prior opportunity is a thing or not.

And finally, you'd get repeat stoppage after repeat stoppage, because coaches like play that is plannable. You can plan out a stoppage intricately, you can plot where a ruckman will tap the ball, where your main mids and your defensive mids and your wings and your forward and back flankers are until the cows come home; it's what Ken Hinkley does. He traps the ball in stoppage after stoppage, until and unless his team gets it out or the umps pay a free kick.

I'm not sure what would solve the issue there, maybe getting rid of coaches and strategic managers of the game?

'Flying the flag' is a waste of time and energy that could be better spent actually getting the ball. GC/BC?

Interesting call, not sure it's the right call call, don't think it would clear the congestion call.

You hear 'hang up the whistle/that was barely there/tiggy-touchwood free kick' fairly often, so the natural inclination of the footy fan is to want less free kicks, less umpire involvement. However, with the amount of rules there are, there are always going to be breaches in the rules, and if you're letting umpires decide when a particular play is likely to hurt someone rather than if the player is in breach of the rules, umpire discretion gets involved. Say, you've then got a situation like most of the last few years, where an umpire attended several Hawthorn player's weddings as a member of the groom's party, then adjudicated their games; I wonder then exactly how his friendship will impact on how he adjudicates what is likely to injure his friends, if there's any difference there.

Then, you realise that, because free kick numbers are less, the frees that are rewarded are far more impactful, and where they are awarded becomes even more important. You then, as a list manager, start to look not for players that can find the ball, take a strong mark, kick a bag, run all day etc - the players who are footballers or athletes - and instead look for the players who are best able to find free kicks in range of goal; the small forward of the Puopolo bent, who lowers their torso at the knees to find head high free kicks, or the Cyril Rioli like tackler who is exceptional at making the tackled drop the ball in such a way as to find a free kick, whether prior opportunity is a thing or not.

And finally, you'd get repeat stoppage after repeat stoppage, because coaches like play that is plannable. You can plan out a stoppage intricately, you can plot where a ruckman will tap the ball, where your main mids and your defensive mids and your wings and your forward and back flankers are until the cows come home; it's what Ken Hinkley does. He traps the ball in stoppage after stoppage, until and unless his team gets it out or the umps pay a free kick.

I'm not sure what would solve the issue there, maybe getting rid of coaches and strategic managers of the game?

'Flying the flag' is a waste of time and energy that could be better spent actually getting the ball. GC/BC?
BC Flying flags is good . Simmo is a brave skinny runt . GC/BC ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fell off my chair laughing it was so on point call!!!!!

You are a cunny funt with a sharp mind call :)

Actually missed the humour the first time call!

Score review is working and not disrupting play GC/BC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fell off my chair laughing it was so on point call!!!!!

You are a cunny funt with a sharp mind call :)

Actually missed the humour the first time call!

Score review is working and not disrupting play GC/BC?
Bc only when a review goes against us like last game call.

Cameron Ling is a mupett commentator and is the second worst in history.
Gc/bc

Gethelred and Windhover should have to post one (short post)in three, GC/BC:D:thumbsu:

I am not sure I understand the proposition that is being called.

Why has "short post" been put in brackets? Surely you do not intend to demand G and I dominate the posting numerically.

If you are intending to mean that a special condition be placed on each of G and I that for every 2 posts of their normal length posts they must post one short post then you should remove the brackets. And it is a bad call.

The suggestion that G and I intersperse our more considered posts with short posts is short-sighted, or perhaps (short-sighted). Both G and myself would find conformity with the requirement easy without in any way interfering with our normal, deliberative, posts. All we would need to do to comply would be to write 2 of our usual posts and then add a third post with just a smiley face (or perhaps a frown to indicate our disapproval of the discriminatory regulation of our posts.

And then there is the semantic difficulty in determining: "What is a (short post)?" For example, is this modest effort of a mere 5 paragraphs plus conclusion a short post (short post) or would it be considered, on reflection, having regard particularly to the fact that it could be summarised by just 2 letters, as not being a short post. I am not sure.

TL/DR: BC.

Harry McKay will be our most important forward in 2019? GC/BC?

Obvious to the point of being almost redundant call.

Terrific call, essential call, incentive for the reluctant to get to games call.

It's an absolute travesty that all women's AFL isn't on free to air tv, and it shits me right up the wall.

All AFL media should be banned from using the word 'Allegedly', and if what they say is untrue they should be held accountable under libel laws, instead of being protected by that word. GC/BC?
That would surely never work. How boring would media get? Like tumbleweed

I’m all for the stuff, good talking points as it’s a part of the game imo

That would surely never work. How boring would media get? Like tumbleweed

I’m all for the stuff, good talking points as it’s a part of the game imo
That's fair, but putzes like Kornes, Barrett and Hutchinson remove all responsibility for what they have said from them by using that word. At some point, someone's going to take them to court, they won't have a source and will have made the thing out of whole cloth, yet due to Journalistic source protections and their use of the word 'Allegedly' they can say they reported on a story provided to them by someone else.

Removing the word removes their personal protection, because at that point they're no longer reporting the tale as told by someone else, they're making a statement, which is then subject to libel laws. It would clean the s**t up rather significantly, and make it so that the people who need to have something to say can stop searching for a smoking gun and start talking about the football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back