World Cup 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL-FRANCE V CROATIA

Remove this Banner Ad

France must be licking their lips at this match up.

They could play in 2nd gear and still win. I mean kudos to Croatia for making it, but really the question is how much will France win by and not can Croatia win it.
Completely agree. It is very similar to Euro 2016 in many respects. Croatia have did a Portugal 2016 where they met France in the final. The Croats won all 3 group games as opposed to drawing, but they've scraped by in the K.O rounds. Haven't won a game in 90 minutes and got through on the soft side of the draw. France are in exactly the same situation and Croatia are where they should have been 2 years ago where they got knocked out by Portugal in the 2nd round. But.......

This feels more like a France 98 performance by France coming up in the final or even a Spain Euro 2012 against Italy. The Italians were brilliant but jekyll and hyde in the group before beating England on penalties and disposing of the more fancied Germans in the semis. They only had 72 hours to recover from the semi with Germany until kick off vs Spain in the final. Got plastered 4-0 with the Spaniards saving their best display for last. The Italians were tired, injured, and simply outclassed by a far superior outfit.

IMO the best Croatia could conjure is something like their 98 semi effort where even if they go in front, they won't be winning.

Mbappe will rip them apart.

I still hold a grudge on a player from Croatia being able to play against Australia in '06 until he got 3 yellow cards.

I also don't care for France either.

Really wished 1 of Belgium or England made the final.

It wasn't Simunic's fault that the incompetent idiot hack of a referee had zero control of the game and he stayed on.
The ref had no idea who he gave cards to

Croatia to win it in extra time. They'll be tired, but they're so hard to break down over 90+ minutes. France have got here with relative ease but they haven't faced a test like this one. I hope Croatia's midfield is still able to press because Pogba/Matuidi/Kante will eventually break down if Croatia can sustain the pressure.

My scenario predictions either way:

In this order

If France win, it will be 4-0, easy stroll in the park.

If Croatia win, it will be won in the last 5mins of normal time, 1-0.

If it goes to penalties after a 1-1, which is not likely to happen, Croatia will win it, cause history is going to repeat itself like 2006 for France..

+1 for s**t time slot club

France 1-0 from a corner (most Cup finals in the modern era have been turgid pragmatic affairs with barley any goals from pure open play) but I expect them to be dominant in general play.
4pm London time is great.. oh wait ;)

Croatia to win it in extra time. They'll be tired, but they're so hard to break down over 90+ minutes. France have got here with relative ease but they haven't faced a test like this one. I hope Croatia's midfield is still able to press because Pogba/Matuidi/Kante will eventually break down if Croatia can sustain the pressure.
Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium are very hard tests. Even if you dont rate Argentina who they both beat, Uruguay and Belgium are better than anyone Croatia's faced.

Nigeria
Iceland
Denmark
Russia
England

Additionally France also played Denmark in that '' fixed '' game. You could just as easily say France have been more impressive in the knockout rounds and as a whole. They haven't needed extra time x 3 and two penalty shootouts.

If you start comparing results what Croatia did to Argentina etc it's nonsense anyway. France beat Uruguay 2-0., who beat Russia 3-0, who drew 2-2 with Croatia.

France 5-0 Croatia it is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

France must be licking their lips at this match up.

They could play in 2nd gear and still win. I mean kudos to Croatia for making it, but really the question is how much will France win by and not can Croatia win it.
LOL
Clearly you dont follow soccer.
Its a 50 50 game more than people think.

Croat culture is to fire when under fire. We save our best for the best. We dont like playing minows Croatia is more likely to lose to Japan in a World Cup Final than a France, Germany or Spain thats just how it is.
Unless you from Croatia or Parents are from Croatia you just wouldnt understand that.

Not saying we win but its a lot closer than some on here seem to suggest.

LOL
Clearly you dont follow soccer.
Its a 50 50 game more than people think.

Croat culture is to fire when under fire. We save our best for the best. We dont like playing minows Croatia is more likely to lose to Japan in a World Cup Final than a France, Germany or Spain thats just how it is.
Unless you from Croatia or Parents are from Croatia you just wouldnt understand that.

Not saying we win but its a lot closer than some on here seem to suggest.

Nice assumption you made. I follow soccer.

Guarantee you France win. No need to be salty.

All I hear is how good the French are.

French will he worried about Modric and Rakitic
and have their hands full with Perisic and Super Mario.

Add the experience we have and the French will have a game on their hands.
France have Pogba and Kante, I don't think they'd be THAT worried.

I bet they are. Put your bias aside and think about it for a second. A 1.6bn team against a team no one really thought would be in this situation.
No one?
No one you mean by people/fans in Australia.
Why dont you take a look at Croatias results against the power houses in recent History. This is the best team Croatia has assembled in some time and should have won Euro 16 but didnt ice the game against Portugal.

Like I said its NOT the Germanys, Englands, Spains,Italys and Argentina's we struggle against. Croatia struggles against the lesser teams.

Look at the record and you will see Italy havent beaten Croatia in almost 25 years

Last edited:
France have Pogba and Kante, I don't think they'd be THAT worried.
Game will be interesting.
We need to be 2-0 up at half time to have a shot as our legs will give way in the last 20. If we are losing or scores are level I dont think we will have enough in the tank for another come back.

Biased or not Biased I believe we have the fire power and will power to go in half time at 2-0. We didnt make it this far by not being a great team. This isnt a Greece Euro cup story this team has made it this far because they have dangerous players.

Game will be interesting.
We need to be 2-0 up at half time to have a shot as our legs will give way in the last 20. If we are losing or scores are level I dont think we will have enough in the tank for another come back.

Biased or not Biased I believe we have the fire power and will power to go in half time at 2-0. We didnt make it this far by not being a great team. This isnt a Greece Euro cup story this team has made it this far because they have dangerous players.
I think that's an incredibly bold prediction considering France just beat a very good Belgium team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back