Recommitted Jeremy McGovern [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

How am i being a pest. Players leaving after putting contract talks on hold is a pretty steady pattern. Same assumption can be made about sloane aswell

Hardly seems worth the effort, the safe bet would be he lands at sydney

As good as signed im hearing

He will decide to join sydney, wce will match our offer (will be less than most others) force us to trade and aliir aliir will end up at wce with picks exchanged

Thats just PR...gov is gone

Why does my name always get mentioned by west coast supporters?those truth bombs have done more damage than i thought

I hope he does a 180 on his swans decision just to join freo...i could spend the whole summer on the eagles board

Its a rumour until free agency opens up in oct, then it becomes fact

#truthbomb

5 year deal at West Coast

izcOK4m.gif

How so? Gov is a WA boy isn't he, so he'd more likely to to WA than anywhere else?

I don't see how this puts anything to bed...

Well, one of the angle's that I was hearing was that they would both push to go to a new club together. No way he is going to WCE this year because they dont have any picks. I don't think we would have traded him anyway. But why on earth would we trade him to WCE when they can't give us good picks and he has two more years to run on his contract. I was 99% sure he would stay, 1% worried about Freo moving for both McGoverns. Now 100% confident he stays.

Great for West Coast as well. Hope he has milked them dry though :)

West coast have no high picks to offer and unless Fremantle make a play, for Mitch, then it looks likely that he is with the crows for his contract term at the minimum
Yep, there are two WA teams.

And I don't at all see how his brother signing with WC means it rules him out of going anywhere else, Vic, QLD, NSW, he'd still be away from his family like he is now.

West coast offering 4 years. According to Tom Morris

So offer 800k x4
He wants 1.1x6
so they met in the middle years wise and they agreed to the 1.1mil that he wanted. well done west coast some good news after the s**t with nics acl :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, one of the angle's that I was hearing was that they would both push to go to a new club together. No way he is going to WCE this year because they dont have any picks. I don't think we would have traded him anyway. But why on earth would we trade him to WCE when they can't give us good picks and he has two more years to run on his contract. I was 99% sure he would stay, 1% worried about Freo moving for both McGoverns. Now 100% confident he stays.

Great for West Coast as well. Hope he has milked them dry though :)
I think we'd want Mitch in 2 years though. Kennedy will be probably retired and Darling not far off. We have some replacements, but not at their level. If we want to get it done, hopefully we start laying some cable with Mitch now to get it done in 2 years. Too often we sit on our hands while another club pulls the big moves.

Though, if he stays, great. Always good to have 1 club players.

Read his comments mate, they don't address the fact that he could go to any other club outside of WC.
I did read his comments and he thinks like i do that it is very unlikely Mitch McGovern moves. You do realise he is contracted for another 2 seasons after this one so the crows can shut it down if they want. If he does move it will be for big overs and the crows will come out big winners - end of

EDIT: With Jeremy re-signing and the list of top end free agents dwindling every week, it strengthens Adelaide's hand further as there are less top end players on the market clubs can go after

Last edited:
I think we'd want Mitch in 2 years though. Kennedy will be probably retired and Darling not far off. We have some replacements, but not at their level. If we want to get it done, hopefully we start laying some cable with Mitch now to get it done in 2 years. Too often we sit on our hands while another club pulls the big moves.

That is always the case of every good AFL player that comes out of contract. He wont be an FA in 2 years, if he doesn't want to stay you will have to pay. In the next 2 years he has to break out. If he does he will be worth 2 firsts. If he doesn't you wont want him anyway.

Read his comments mate, they don't address the fact that he could go to any other club outside of WC.

Do you not understand what contracted means? He has 2 years. He isn't going anywhere unless we want to trade him.

That is always the case of every good AFL player that comes out of contract. He wont be an FA in 2 years, if he doesn't want to stay you will have to pay. In the next 2 years he has to break out. If he does he will be worth 2 firsts. If he doesn't you wont want him anyway.

RFA in 2 years?

I did read his comments and he thinks like i do that it is very unlikely Mitch McGovern moves. You do realise he is contracted for another 2 seasons after this one so the crows can shut it down if they want. If he does move it will be for big overs and the crows will come out big winners - end of

EDIT: With Jeremy re-signing and the list of top end free agents dwindling every week, it strengthens Adelaide's hand further as there are less top end players on the market clubs can go after
I am not sure I follow this line of thinking. When you guys signed Sloane, I thought that made it more likely Gaff could leave as the desperate Melbourne clubs have less baskets to put their eggs in.

Darling has plenty of football left in him as he has only just turned 26 last month in comparison to JK who will be 31 next month. Probably JK will retire in the next year or two I would think.

I am not sure I follow this line of thinking. When you guys signed Sloane, I thought that made it more likely Gaff could leave as the desperate Melbourne clubs have less baskets to put their eggs in.
The difference is McGovern is contracted - the crows hold all the aces here and can simply hold McGovern to his contract. If a team does want Mitch, they will need to really offer up a great deal for the crows to consider letting one of their 1st choice forwards that is only 23 leave the club. That Jeremy has re-signed has taken another piece off the board for other clubs to make a play for and the crows know this and can deal accordingly if suitors do come and mitch indicates he is open to a move.

Do you not understand what contracted means? He has 2 years. He isn't going anywhere unless we want to trade him.
Yes, but he was contracted a couple of hours ago before his brother signs.

Again, I don’t see how this affects anything. You wouldn’t have been forced to trade him if his brother left.

I’m not pretending I know what will happen but I fail to see how his brother signing at West Coast puts it all to bed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back