Toast Jeremy McGovern re-signs for five years

Remove this Banner Ad

The inside 50 stat .....if we didn’t have a 50 meter arc that stat doesn’t exist

Sorry they are 10-7 ......in the mix but hardly setting the world on fire
They do have a plethora of inside mids. Gaff would be a good fit. Supported em as a kid. Would hate to see it happen.
Not sure if already mentioned but hope Gaffy hasn't signalled his intentions so the club shifted its attention to 'must keep Gov' and upped.
For what its worth, think Gov is worth it. Match winner, way better than Lever.
Gaff and Lycett should stay. Why would you leave this club?

They do have a plethora of inside mids. Gaff would be a good fit. Supported em as a kid. Would hate to see it happen.
Not sure if already mentioned but hope Gaffy hasn't signalled his intentions so the club shifted its attention to 'must keep Gov' and upped.
For what its worth, think Gov is worth it. Match winner, way better than Lever.
Gaff and Lycett should stay. Why would you leave this club?

Often clubs work on one superstar at a time ....

This then allows gaff to be in some bargaining position ...I’m confident we can keep him

Awesome news for the club as a whole. If Gaff re-signs as well, we are laughing.

Let the good times roll!!! (If you exclude NicNat:()

Gossage said on SEN all this talk of 1.1 million is just guess work and nothing solid.

At a guess there'd be barely 20 or so people who know the true contract value

None of them would be in the media

When was the last player we lost for financial reasons that we’d have wanted to keep?

Ebert? That strikes me as more lack of opportunity than lack of $.

Am I missing a blindingly obvious one?

I can't think of a required player that's left because of money.

Ebert left to go home and more game time

Selwood wanted to return to Geelong

Judd wanted to go home so his wife could further her socialite progression

The club has its faults but players are paid fairly and the salary cap is well managed - reference our club being one of the only clubs not to include an automatic increase in contract values when the new CBA was finalised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell can anyone know the value of the contract, the only ones that would know are the people who agreed to the deal, and sat in on the signing. Just because Freo made an offer above a mill supposedly, it does not mean we did.

The media have shown of late they clearly have no clue what is going on, and continually make fools of themselves.

How the hell can anyone know the value of the contract, the only ones that would know are the people who agreed to the deal, and sat in on the signing. Just because Freo made an offer above a mill supposedly, it does not mean we did.

The media have shown of late they clearly have no clue what is going on, and continually make fools of themselves.
This is the same media that guaranteed he was leaving a few days ago. 9 reported $1.1M yesterday, 360 last night some moron said $1.2M, This morning 7 said about $1M. In summary they make up stuff to fill in time

"[McGovern's] an extremely good judge of the ball. I don't think people quite realise just how tall he is," former teammate and Collingwood premiership player Sharrod Wellingham said.

No s**t Sharrod, no one knows how tall he is!

This is the same media that guaranteed he was leaving a few days ago. 9 reported $1.1M yesterday, 360 last night some moron said $1.2M, This morning 7 said about $1M. In summary they make up stuff to fill in time
So about all we know is he's getting paid a heck of a lot more than me (and probably just about everyone else on here). Lucky guy - he better play some good footy over the next few years ! :)

Great news for you guys.

Stick it up those Victorian media campaigners with no information and even less integrity.

I thought Freo was the main contender for Gov? And Gaff was the one hunted by the Vic clubs

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 3m3 minutes ago
“I’m stoked. I love West Coast and I’m very grateful that I’m staying. Now the pressure is off and I can focus on playing footy.” @jeremymcgovern_

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago
“There’s plenty of money flying around these days. That’s one thing that makes it hard, life-changing contracts being thrown around.” McGovern

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
“I’d say sign at West Coast straight away. He would have different considerations, I’m sure he’s got plenty of people in his ear but it’s not affecting his footy. I’ll support him either way.” McGovern on on advice for Andrew Gaff

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 42s42 seconds ago
“People was my main consideration. From the board down to the fans I love West Coast.” McGovern

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
“I would like to have it done earlier, but I didn’t want that running media commentary.” McGovern on why he said previously that he would make a decision at season’s end.

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 36s36 seconds ago
“I would love to have them. They’re two great mates of mine. I would like to think they’re pretty happy here.” McGovern on Gaff & Lycett

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 25s25 seconds ago
“He was stoked. We had a good chat last night, he was in a similar spot last year so he knew all the pressure.” McGovern on Mitch McGovern’s reaction

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 47s47 seconds ago
“I think I’m still learning. I haven’t played 100 games yet. I’m trying to improve my game and help out the young blokes.” McGovern

Josh Duane‏ @Josh_Duane 48s49 seconds ago
.@WestCoastEagles million dollar man says he never considered the @freodockers offer. #afl #mcgovern

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 35s36 seconds ago
“Simmo sent me away, that was a massive reality check. I look back on it now and I’m thankful.” McGovern

West Coast Eagles‏Verified account @WestCoastEagles 22s22 seconds ago
“I would love to play with him. But we’re not trying to manipulate things at all. We can always go back to Albany and play together after AFL.” McGovern

So about all we know is he's getting paid a heck of a lot more than me (and probably just about everyone else on here). Lucky guy - he better play some good footy over the next few years ! :)

I'm on $1.4 million a year.

And did I mention my illustrious colts career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back