Toast Jeremy McGovern re-signs for five years

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m actually not sold on Melbourne ....sorry make top 4 and get to prelims then I’ll believe

They aren’t a lock for finals this year ......they have not really beaten anyone this year
Agree with that but they've got most inside 50s this year. They'll figure out how to lock it in a be a force.

A
Mitch is massively overated . Juice is not worth the squeeze
Agree but at the right price i wouldn't mind him. I've liked the times Pyke has moved into defence and could potentially be a Bunga replacement down the line.

That is fantastic news about Gov re-signing!!

I wouldnt worry about salary cap space as it pertains to Gaff and Lycett though, because the brutal, brutal reality of the Nic Nat situation is that a 30 year old coming out of contract after 2 knee reconstructions has probably given the club about $300-400k in future salary cap leeway

Thats the savage reality of our game, and we can only try and play the cards we are dealt as best we can

Nicnat going down is pretty much the deal maker imo.
I was thinking that, but more in the fact that it might galvanise the group and make them realise how much they like playing with each other.
But then again doesn't it take about 2 weeks for a contract to be signed off by the AFL? Which would mean he might have signed before the Nic Nat injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snap shot of Fremantle trying to poach McGovern.

Listen you bald headed little prick get me McGovern "UNDERSTAND" you owe me big time..... I wanted a tall last draft and instructed you get me Brander or Naughton and Cerra ......but no Fu(knuckle ........ you got me two more ****** midfielders.

download-9.jpg

Eight months latter.

Today at CockBurn bad news boss McGovern turned us down and we offered him heaps of coin.

download-10.jpg

Oh FFS what was his reason ?

He said take your pick.

images-11.jpg

Seriously ....... our KPF's are so s**t .......... F****** H*** we need a dynamic pack splitting , tall high flying , long kicking CHF..... who's your next target ?

I can get this deal across the line .....SOS will trade her for Stephanie Hill and you will love this bit they are also taking Michael Johnson off our hands .... and MJ likes the idea as there are plenty of late night Kebab joints in Carlton.

download-11.jpg

Your shitting me .... we cant do that....... because Fyfe isn't going to like that ..... better hair and way prettier........... on the other hand ..... hasn't she got budding.......... oh NO..sorry ....sorry ...sorry.
I cant say that sort of stuff anymore..... my BAD.

Whats plan C ?

I spoke with Derek Hine at Collingwood and we can pick this guy up for our fifth rounder.

download-12.jpg

I am really pissed off that we didn't get McGovern....... anyone else willing to come here Bondy.

Shake of the head nup....... no one wants to join us .

OK then ... ring Collingwood lets do it.

Oh, and Franklin turned them down too.

Really at this point it's the cool thing for key position players to do.

Why would you go to Freo as a KPF? You know you are going to be on your own down there triple teamed every game. You will be expected bleed your guts out every week with stuff all reward. As the final cherry you have a coach who has no idea how to coach offensively so you won't get much support.

Makes 100% sense from an outside forwards perspective.

It's like how players in the NBA want to see who else is going to be on a roster before signing on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back