Autopsy Liked, Learnt, Hated - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: results falling our way to give us space up top and almost seal a top 2 spot; the bunch below us meaning the run home will be compelling viewing

Learnt: Sydney are just about cooked. If you can't lift for that game, are you ever going to lift?

Hated: Carlton winning - a 1 win season was a delicious prospect :p

Liked: Another good win for the tiges against high pressure opposition

Learnt: if it wasn’t for their terrible run in the early mid part of the year, Essendon would have been a real contender for the top 4.

Hated: the standard of commentary is doing my head in, can BT especially quit whinging every other minute?

Liked: North and Essendon stood up in tough games with their backs to the wall, and stayed in the finals race.

The Blues gave their long suffering supporters something to cheer about. Just wish it was at Etthiad in front if the faithful.

Learnt: Sadly it seems the Crows are done for this year. Reset and with better luck they still have the list to be contenders next year.

Hated: :(Only one contender dropped off the pace. Everyone except the Tigers and the Eagles are basically a loss away from disaster.

Liked - the tigers putting the afterburners on in the 4th and blowing away the pies in similar fashion as the first time round.

Learnt - our first finals opponent could be any of pies, port, giants or even dees. Oh and the pies have injuries but are very brave.

Hated - Carlton winning, ruined an otherwise perfect weekend.

Learnt: The Tigers are better than I gave them credit for, and the Suns are in absolute crisis. No Suns player barring May gives a s**t anymore.

Liked: The win. The'yre pretty rare for us at the moment, so I'll take them when we get them.

Hated: Swallows concussion. He looked awful. Was scary to watch.

Learnt: The Tigers are better than I gave them credit for, and the Suns are in absolute crisis. No Suns player barring May gives a s**t anymore.

Liked: The win. The'yre pretty rare for us at the moment, so I'll take them when we get them.

Hated: Swallows concussion. He looked awful. Was scary to watch.
What did you see on the weekend that made you think we were better than you previously thought?

Liked : Gazza's return to form, nothing wrong with his uncanny periphery vision, Hawkins follows it up again. Cats in "NAVY" shorts!! Actually happy they are playing Richmond this week, it will sort them out and give them something to really strive for...I've tipped the Cats more out of hope than any real common sense, but unless they give the Tigers a good close game then September is a waste of time!

Learned: Sell outs mean jack, i had a family of Tigers supporters (members) talking to me on Saturday and they couldn't get within cooee of the game, so they left and vented on me! What gives? Sell out my hind quarter. It was the 3rd biggest attendance of the year on a perfect Saturday afternoon! Why couldn't this family of members get seats ?
Sydney are done like a dinner, won't win another game this year! The Eagles without Nic Nat are doomed, they are a good chance to lose their final three games IMO! Top 2? They might end up 4th and play Richmond at the G in the first final.! Avoid the Tigers first up at all costs.
Any team from 5th to 8th could play off against the Tigers in the Grand Final. It will take an almighty stuff up for the Tigers to bugger this Premiership up.

Hated: Bulldogs and Freo were utter rubbish...Tom Stewart injury.

Liked: Tom Hawkins form continuing. He has to be in AA contention.

Learnt: Swans & Crows are "cooked". Hate that BF expression. Reality is it will be tough for either team from hereon

Hated: football in Ballarat. What gives? Less than 7000. Game played in late afternoon in Winter when there was a better than 50% chance conditions would be deplorable. How does the AFL get it wrong so often???

Liked: Not heaps to like from a Collingwood perspective. Smashed the Tigers around stoppages for most of the game which was pleasing. Went with the best team in the comp until losing 2+ players to injury yet again.

Learnt: Eagles seem more reliant than I first thought on a handful of players. Still think they’re the number 1 challenger to the Tigers but Kennedy and Darling will need to be firing.

Hated: Does it really need to be said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked-
Essendon four quarter effort + Francis.
Melbourne winning.
Cripps
Higgins GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Learnt -
People should be questioning whether Essendon are back on the gear, different team .
Collingwood slowly running out of players could prove costly, great effort so far.
Buddy playing injured hasn't helped anyone. [apart from ess.]
In for very even finals series
Hated-
Injuries
Paddy Ryder playing for Port
5 more numbers and I would have been rich.

Last edited:
Who have Collingwood beaten this year? They have a ridiculous draw.

What’s missing in all this is that Collingwood are the only team not to lose to a current bottom 8 team. If Collingwood had dropped just one game to a bottom 8 side they’d currently be 9th and no-one would care about the softer draw (although we know that Collingwood have a softer draw on the back of finishing botttom 6 in 2017 anyway). Collingwood have mostly beaten who have been put in front of them. If Port Adelaide, GWS, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney had all taken advantage of the “softer” parts of their draw the same way Collingwood have so far then they would be above Collingwood. Hardly Collingwood’s fault that the teams just below them on the ladder have dropped easier games.

Not that the season’s anywhere near over anyway.

Last year it didn’t matter that we beat West Coast, Sydney, Geelong, drew with Adelaide and went down to GWS by 3 points. We finished 13th because we didn’t consistently beat the s**t teams that we should have.

This year we have beaten those teams that we should and are justifiably rewarded with sitting in 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back