AFL Rd 20: Adelaide v Port Adelaide - 16:05 ACST, AUG 04, 2018 - The Derby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious questions over why it wasn't reviewed properly.

Say what you want about whether it was goal or not but that review was a joke. Rushed, didn't look at all angles. Something went wrong in there and there has to be answers as to what.

When it first came in they weren’t even trained umpires or officials. Just randoms who had some association wit football.

A mates brother did it in one of the first seasons score reviews came in. His CV was a playing in the greater southern league in SA. Never umpired.

Not sure if it’s changed. But if it’s just some random you can’t expect it to be unbiased, free from influence or based on knowledge of the systems or rules.

Perhaps it’s changed now. Perhaps not.

Serious questions over why it wasn't reviewed properly.

Say what you want about whether it was goal or not but that review was a joke. Rushed, didn't look at all angles. Something went wrong in there and there has to be answers as to what.

Its been said ad nauseum that the goal reviewer may have access to other angles beyond what the broadcaster has.

We will see.

I’m not sure the issue goal umpire said it was a goal, there was nothing conclusive, goal stands.

So you don't think it's an issue that it was touched and the system to stop wrong decisions from happening failed due to human error? The replay was rushed and didn't look at all available angles.

That's an obvious issue and you have to be nuts to not think so.

Great win but that review decision had one purpose in mind and that was to pay the goal .
They showed the ball from one angle at distance and never had another look . And it was quick .
Port were robbed and the AFL agenda won out today , they want the big Vic teams in the top 4 big match-ups week one of finals .
I actually picked something like this happening today , the corruption needs to stop .
Straight after they paid the goal the angle on the other side of the goal at full speed showed that it clearly hit the post .
Port's season was derailed by a disgraceful decision , heads need to roll on this .
Even after the game why are they not the angle that clearly shows what happened .
The AFL is a ****in joke

Agree 100%. The corruption and match-fixing has reached the point where I have lost interest in the game. It's now Gil's theatre.

Agree 100%. The corruption and match-fixing has reached the point where I have lost interest in the game. It's now Gil's theatre.
I mean these dickheads put a camera on the umpires head on friday night and they can't even perform a fair goal review that changes a teams whole season . Gil is f..kin joke and the whole of the AFL senior management have been exposed for the complete frauds that they are this year .
The commentators are so far along the company line it is sickening to listen to .
Bunch of Muppets .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, i'll bite. This is the first time I've seen Ken come out publicly and criticise the AFL. He always plays the "credit where it's due card"/
Don't bother with Kram. He posts s**t about Port every time they lose. Hinkley was anything but embarrassing, he's extremely professional in his pressers.

Lol, i'll bite. This is the first time I've seen Ken come out publicly and criticise the AFL. He always plays the "credit where it's due card"/
Second that. It is the first time and I’m glad he did. Cmon man, Freo guy is just trolling, give him a chance to have a laugh before tomorrow.

Even a Crows fan acknowledges it. Well done.
Yep Mad Crows fan but have always liked the Power .
All fans especially Crows tonight should put themselves in the Power situation , they would have a different view .
Last year that whole game in Geelong was a hatchet job which cost you guys top 4 .
A year later and another season defining rip off .

Yep Mad Crows fan but have always liked the Power .
All fans especially Crows tonight should put themselves in the Power situation , they would have a different view .
Last year that whole game in Geelong was a hatchet job which cost you guys top 4 .
A year later and another season defining rip off .
Don't worry, I thought of Dixon the moment this happened. Another top 4 blown.

The irony, if that Dixon call is different, Geelong avoid Richmond and finish 5th week 1.

We are both top 2. Richmond play interstate first week.....

That 1 call may have just started a dynasty...

Let's hope the system gets fixed out of this.

However if we're going to count umpires goals. Port won that.

Some absolute shockers not paid in Adelaides forward fifty

Nichols won't pay us nuffin in front of goal

I dont care mate, my wife lost a pregnancy today.

Enjoy your win. Hitting a post.
If it helps in some small way, we had 2 in a row, almost gave up and now have a 9 month old currently refusing to sleep. Time helps. Not much else does. Go hug your wife.

Don't worry, I thought of Dixon the moment this happened. Another top 4 blown.

The irony, if that Dixon call is different, Geelong avoid Richmond and finish 5th week 1.

We are both top 2. Richmond play interstate first week.....

That 1 call may have just started a dynasty...
I actually thought the umpiring the whole game was overlooked in it's crookedness because pf the Dixon incident.
If this happened to a Hawthorn or Richmond today it would be uproar but Port and certain other teams unfortunately get called whingers and have to cop it
Feeling for you in what i read before .. all the best and take care .

Who?

Keep what to myself? He said our season was over. I pointed out his statement was completely arrogant and turned out to be wrong.

I didnt know or mention his circumstances.

You make no sense.

Do try and keep up.

Piss off. You pick the fight, you cop the banter. Don't try and play the victim. Go and be with your wife then instead of a forum.

Your contribution wasn’t required. Clear enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back