5 minute Footy Survey- Survey closed!!

If you were given the choice of a $50 gift card for participation what one is better?

• Coles Myer

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • JB HI FI

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers_95

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Big Footy Users,
I am a Monash university Honours student and this year I am writing a thesis on fan behaviour in Australian Sport. As part of my research for this project I am required to collect information from Victorian based AFL football club fans in the form of a short survey. The survey will take no longer than 7 minutes to complete and participants who complete the survey will go into the running for 1 of five $50 gift cards if a provided email address is given (de-identified to your response for anonymity). The results will be kept confidential and will only be used for this research project. Responses can be withdrawn at any time by contacting the researcher’s details shown at the beginning of the survey. If you could spare some time this weekend during a half time break or pre/post-match to help me out that would be greatly appreciated. If you require any more information on the study, please read the following PDF document below. Feel free to share with friends and family members.

LINK (copy and paste in browser)
https://monash.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bJZSbmXBNh6AGG1

*Apologies for those who go for interstate sides. The reason only Victorian clubs have been used is that the next stage of research will be going into the field to do research and I do not have access to interstate venues. If you live interstate but support one of the Victorian clubs I would love you to respond and fill out the survey!

Jb-hi-fi-giftcards.jpg

Attachments

• Explanatory statement Fan Behaviour- Monash University.pdf
    153.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Well I filled it all out and there was nowhere to include an email address for any voucher? Just signed me out :/

If you’ve been banned for life from attending AFL matches can you still complete the survey based on how you used to act at games? Asking for a mate.
Hahahaha absolutely. Should have included that as an option

Weekend of footy done, 6 minute survey for chance to win one of five $50 gift vouchers! Promise its an interesting survey!

Around 40 so far mate
Hey mate, the next stage of the research involves a field experiment and given the lack of access I have on interstate venues and the lack of availability of interstate sides regularly playing in Melbourne I chose to keep it Victorian based. If it was purely an online study I would definitely have included interstate sides. If that changes and we start taking interstate sides responses I will post in the forum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just asking for a mate...... ;-)

Are there any questions on why fans boo players from the other team

Perhaps we can put the Goodes thing to bed through your academic research, and explain why Selwood and Ablett also get boo'd

Just asking for a mate...... ;-)

Are there any questions on why fans boo players from the other team

Perhaps we can put the Goodes thing to bed through your academic research, and explain why Selwood and Ablett also get boo'd
Haha no there isn't but certainly would be on interest to understand that issue, maybe a future research topic!

Hey mate - completed the survey - but honestly the wording is quite poor at times and it is quite difficult to understand what you are actually asking
Hey mate, if you have time can you message me so that I can edit some of those parts you found difficult?

Hey mate, if you have time can you message me so that I can edit some of those parts you found difficult?

The set of questions after the North Melbourne v Bulldogs one - it was too hard to work out if I was answering questions about my team (Carlton) or one of those teams

The set of questions after the North Melbourne v Bulldogs one - it was too hard to work out if I was answering questions about my team (Carlton) or one of those teams
Hey Mate,
The answers are meant to be based off the scenario, putting yourself in the shoes of supporting that club. After results are collected it will all make sense as to why it was set out like that. Thank you though for the feedback I will go look and see if I can word the questions better!

Surprised there was no question around how likely you are to attend a match you think your team will lose.
Hey mate, interesting I reckon that could have been one I could have put in. All the questions on attendance are off pre existing survey scales so was hard to put that in. Would have been interesting to see if what I am testing for would have affected that or not.

For those who have or have not completed the study, please vote above for what gift card you would want to win. The power is yours BigFooty!

Back