West Coast: arrogant or ignorant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play that they sent messages to Gaff privately but to publicly promote this support via a celebratory picture with special quote from the coach through their social media just comes across as a bit of an f u to the whole situation.
As a fan of the club I'm grateful for whatever insights I can get into them apart from the standard headlines, and this is no exception. If the team is showing unity after the week they had then that's something I'm happy to hear about.

If non-Eagles fans choose to be offended by something as harmless as that, they are free to take that route. Why they would want to I don't know, but go for it. It's something we've come to accept as par for the course from the fans down the road, because enjoying our mistakes is far easier for them than enjoying their own success. (It's also why they never get anywhere - because they're so obsessed with what we're doing that they forget to watch what's happening in their own house) It's a little surprising to see it coming from the easterly direction though.

Everyone knows the circumstances behind why Gaff isnt playing and whilst no one is saying West Coast shouldnt support him internally one could get the impression that they are almost painting themselves/Gaff as the victim.
That's quite a ... I'll be kind and say "creative" ... interpretation of it. You sure you're not drawing back that bow just a little further than it was designed for?

After the whole golf fiasco earlier in the week this added instance would surely make people question the thought process of the people running the club.
It surely helps some people to understand how far behind some other people are willing to leave common sense when they think it suits their narrative. It's not like they sent him a set of brass knuckles or all wore "Free Gaffy" t-shirts. They were celebrating a clutch win. If doing that is a bad thing then what's the point of even playing sport?

542456_341e7019a73e80cda8e408c6b39cae79.jpeg

Gaff ain't the victim here and that's why it's arrogant, simple really.

Not delving into it to far, everyone gave Kaiserchief s**t when this all first when down but you all ended up sounding like him anyway.

Nevermind Brayshaw, plus majority of Eagles fans act as if it was Brayshaw who hit Gaff.

I don't get it, are Freo fans seeing a different quote from us?

"We took this photo and sent it to Gaffy right after the game, I think our supporters would like to see it."

where did Simmo say Gaff was the victim exactly? In fact in his presser, he said "Gaff is not the victim here" about twenty different times.

Don't let those facts get in the way of your manufactured outrage though

Lets break it down, maybe the quote is a bit too complex for the majority of freo fans to comprehend it:

"We took this photo

ME TOOK PICTURE ON PHONE THINGY

and sent it to Gaffy right after the game

ME SENDY THE PICTURE TO GAFF ONCE WE DONE PLAYING WITH THE FOOTY

I think our supporters would like to see it."

ME THINKS THE PHOTO LOOK GOOD, MAYBE SUPPORTER LIKE IT?

does that help a bit?

I actually don’t have an issue with the photo but to use the self confessed tribunal liar, inveterate thug and the bloke who left his club to chase more money on the Gold Coast as something of an exemplar of team and mateship is a bit rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your fans will never admit that you all knew because it makes you feel uncomfortable

And so it should

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dude..... Freo supporters at the game had no idea it happened unless they were sitting right in front of the incident. Gaff effed up, he knows it, his teammates know it, the tribunal know it and the supporters know it, but in typical whoa is me Freo fashion , you tarnish all the players, supporters, the people work the shop, the people who clean the toilets with the same brush. if
you were actually at the game you would know THEY NEVER REPLAYED IT ON THE BIG SCREEN.

Yeah I was there for that one , don't remember any standing ovations , teammate celebrations , coach cuddles or the coach saying what a great guy ASOS is and how it wasn't intentional , 137 character referees at the tribunal or imaginary golf games. Pretty sure it was condemned all round and he hardly played a game for us after that. So I would say bringing up that one does your cause more harm than good

A mate said they were all talking about the hit in block 143 about 10 minutes after it happened. He is a weagle and his word not mine. Quite a few knew by the sounds of it

Gaff ain't the victim here and that's why it's arrogant, simple really. Not delving into it to far, everyone gave Kaiserchief s**t when this all first when down but you all ended up sounding like him anyway. Nevermind Brayshaw, plus majority of Eagles fans act as if it was Brayshaw who hit Gaff.
nawww, look at the purple skirt fans tugging on the trousers of big brother wanting to feel relevant. If it wasnt so pathetic it would almost be cute.

Hey Dockers supporters, i know hating on us takes your mind off the fact that your club is sh*thouse and youre stuck with that wet flannel of a coach Ross Weinstein for another couple of years, so heres something to remind you again.

were-better-than-you-and-we-know-2364524.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

42C9289A-CA22-4637-BD1A-6380235BFE2D.jpeg
As a fan of the club I'm grateful for whatever insights I can get into them apart from the standard headlines, and this is no exception. If the team is showing unity after the week they had then that's something I'm happy to hear about.

If non-Eagles fans choose to be offended by something as harmless as that, they are free to take that route. Why they would want to I don't know, but go for it. It's something we've come to accept as par for the course from the fans down the road, because enjoying our mistakes is far easier for them than enjoying their own success. (It's also why they never get anywhere - because they're so obsessed with what we're doing that they forget to watch what's happening in their own house) It's a little surprising to see it coming from the easterly direction though.

That's quite a ... I'll be kind and say "creative" ... interpretation of it. You sure you're not drawing back that bow just a little further than it was designed for?

It surely helps some people to understand how far behind some other people are willing to leave common sense when they think it suits their narrative. It's not like they sent him a set of brass knuckles or all wore "Free Gaffy" t-shirts. They were celebrating a clutch win. If doing that is a bad thing then what's the point of even playing sport?

nawww, look at the purple skirt fans tugging on the trousers of big brother wanting to feel relevant. If it wasnt so pathetic it would almost be cute.

Hey Dockers supporters, i know hating on us takes your mind off the fact that your club is sh*thouse and youre stuck with that wet flannel of a coach Ross Weinstein for another couple of years, so heres something to remind you again.

were-better-than-you-and-we-know-2364524.png
And you know what happened to this dickhead in this movie?

Ended up being put on his arse and then turned into a fat Daniel.

Take that as you will

I actually don’t have an issue with the photo but to use the self confessed tribunal liar, inveterate thug and the bloke who left his club to chase more money on the Gold Coast as something of an exemplar of team and mateship is a bit rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol... absolute GOLD, so now it's morphing onto a we hate Campbell Brown thread...FFS you people really need to get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back