Autopsy Swans vs GWS Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to wait and see I guess

I think they have all retired him

Got dropped while aj was in the 2s and melicsn was injured

Isn’t a good sign
Probably wasn’t a good sign when Aliir wasn’t signed up 6 weeks ago too hey?

Probably wasn’t a good sign when Aliir wasn’t signed up 6 weeks ago too hey?

I’d imagine guys like Grundy and McVeigh, should they stay, may be some of the last to sign, see how much money is left.

I can see someone like Grundy potentially getting a lower base salary with match payments so if he makes a significant senior contribution he gets well rewarded but if not doesn’t cost us a lot (particularly now AJ has gone down).

Fox trying to rub Parker out

People saying we are umps pets the one week we win the frees

At one stage it was 13-6 in GWS favour in the first half. From that point we got 18-3 so we can’t complain this week.

Doesn’t happen very often!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker was a beast. 33 touches and two goals.

Buddy definitely looks back to normal. Hopefully he can keep it up through the finals because with a healthy Buddy we're always a chance.

Again consistency eludes Heeney. Follows up his BOG performance last week by basically being invisible tonight. Not sure what's causing it.

The midfield really lifted after half time. In terms of possessions before/after half time, Kennedy went 7/20, Hewett went 5/11 (actually possesionless in the second term).

Hannebery's game was basically what I worried about - I don't think his body allows him to back up week after week.

101a46f89aa06f73f8e4e1ab997f539b.png

af086b87e4fa5e7d5a5ea60720007362.png

c81ac975f777e45679347001858b6609.png

87cda6d4284824b3934f7525a44d0550.png

Quarter by quarter team heat maps

Only 5 disposals in the defensive 50 in the last quarter. Horse probably fainted when he saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Such a territory game these days, they went 7-3 centre clearances in the first half we reversed that in the last 50 minutes. With Buddy Franklin up forward, we of all clubs should be aiming to play a lot of game time in the front half. In the last 3 weeks there has been a subtle change and we are spending more time in that end, no coincidence we're probably playing the best we have all year. You can't completely discount the injuries they had, but we won under similar circumstances last week as have others.
- We've probably had 3 silly loses this year, usually you have one or two, but fortune has favoured us and even had we snagged one of those (given our low percentage) we'd have found ourselves in the same scenario next week. Win for top 4, still play finals if we lose..one of only a handful of clubs who can control their own destiny in the last round, good spot to be in.
- Pannell announcing his retirement during the week......and the game and sport will be sooo much better without this bloke.

Missed Dawson a bit I reckon, takes the pressure off kennedy

Robbo stay in?
Was the Dawson out a calculated decision or truly a rest. We surely had to win with Kelly out for GWS and I think that is what the Swans believed. Dawson in next week, then a week off looks like a clever move now we have the benefit of hindsight.
Dawson and Parker changing up forward is an add-on to the Kennedy/Parker sneak about up forward. What we have in Dawson is the positive that he hasn't had the full year focus on him and his surprising contest at half forward augurs well especially as he should be fighting fit after a few games following his injuries.
The big worry to me is our lack of muscle in the one on one contest in the backline. Newman, Lloyd, Jones, Florent were all beaten early on, in one on one contests and I feared the worst. Thankfully we started to win the middle and that momentum was never overcome by the Giants.
Buddy was great as was Jack and the unsung Hewitt, however, what a brilliant goal from Parker, after all the misses, to seal it for the day. Hayward was up and about after a couple of quiet games and Cunningham has become a solid four quarter contributor. With limited chances Robinson was OK. Perhaps he Fox, and Grundy are competitors next for the last couple of places. Robinson is really in a no win situation and can only do as he is now doing and spending a lot of minutes running on and off for mids to have their bench rests.

Last edited:
I'm glad you did SH.
Fantastic team with the youngest player in the competition holding down a key CHF role all year.
Amazing stuff from our team with these youngsters & injury hampered senior players.
Be proud of this club mate because you guys will be right one day in that we will have a s**t coach & a s**t era.
But enjoy what we've got for now.....................or not!

I thought Tommy was crucial in keeping us in the game in the first half, when we otherwise looked like a zero chance. The kid is smart. Smartest bit of recruiting at least since George.

Win, lose or draw I just savour watching Franklin play. Sometimes I really do laugh out loud at his imagination and prowess. Prince Gill must hate every bit of brilliance he produces for us.

I cant recall a season in recent years where so few of our wins have been comfortable. We've had many of our established players down or with questions hanging over them. The Mule himself seems to have tried one or two different things, but too often we have presented as a low in confidence team that just slugs it out. If we were a Melb based team, the Mule would be lauded for recycling Ali's rope-a dope strategy, ie absorbing disproportionate Inside 50s before coming out with an attacking quarter.

The meeja's line will focus on the bad luck endured by the Giants as central to our comeback.

Some of the handballs were heart in the mouth stuff but conversely some of the gathers from rocket handballs or grab of handballs behind the running player were elite.

Stinky Sincy proving great value. Two good weeks now since a down patch.

Hewett has been amazing and a smoky for B&F but probably not a role that gets the votes he deserves.

We have been hard to judge all year but we keep finding a way to win.
Yup.

I was more commenting on playing a decimated list. I don't know whether we win or not but meh, can o ly play what's in front of you

Went wide again today in the first three quarters unlike last week....gws probably just better at corralling us.

Anyway winning these last 2 has been a pleasant surprise and now we are in the season up to our eyeballs.

JPK hits form and we are off

I forget on occasion how good Jack was.

If he can find something more, just a bit, he us as important as and crucial as Hanners.

Pure bonus to get a gun mid back now

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back