Autopsy Swans vs GWS Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I was alluding to that:thumbsu:

..and your not alone with that thought. Ben Reid, Sam Reid, Darcy Moore and do not forget Tom Lynch, would have been lucky to play 22 games combined. Some things never change.
Reckon if we are after someone special, my efforts would be on getting Gowers from Western Bulldogs. Tough as teak and skills to boot.
The big requirement is in the ruck where Sinclair has had a stellar season, not in the middle but superb in his around the ground efforts.
Whilst Dean Cox has the job now, I believe that we have to get the best in the business at teaching young ruckman necessitates Tunbridge brought back into the club for the full preseason to elevate Cameron to the level that he took, Jason Ball, Darren Jolly, Tippett, Naismith and Nankervis. None could be classed as elite tap ruckman but in the main with possible exception of Naismith, all were productive around the ground.
Cameron has to be fast tracked in the event that we do not have the services of Naismith. If he does come back OK that will Big Coxy fully
utilised in the tap caper.

Parker was a beast. 33 touches and two goals.

Buddy definitely looks back to normal. Hopefully he can keep it up through the finals because with a healthy Buddy we're always a chance.

Again consistency eludes Heeney. Follows up his BOG performance last week by basically being invisible tonight. Not sure what's causing it.

The midfield really lifted after half time. In terms of possessions before/after half time, Kennedy went 7/20, Hewett went 5/11 (actually possesionless in the second term).

Hannebery's game was basically what I worried about - I don't think his body allows him to back up week after week.
Heeney had 10 tackles, I wouldn't call that invisible...

GWS might have been a fraction distracted with Sydney's mind games about a SCG home final for GWS:think:

Well played Sydney, well played ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay not invisible but he needs to be touching the ball more than 13 times.
Yeah, maybe... I'd say he was playing a pretty specific role though...

But I haven't watched the replay yet, so you might be right...

Great team effort win.

The last team to beat tigers at mcg was us right? Good signs ahead.

Also, dean towers uncontracted still?

The champ deserves a farewell game Horse. Give Bud a mini extended rest / make the team prove they can still win without him!

Just back and my voice is borderline gone from (ahem) putting pressure on the umps not to totally hand it to them. It took all my strength not to call no 32 the cheating c*** he is - in front of my kids. :eek:
Still not sure where that win came from. Couldn't figure out why Davis wasn't on Buddy till just now reading he was injured.
Seems we didn't win a clearance till 3/4 time, then we won them all.
Newman as our kpd - that ain't going to work - though he did better than he used to at defending.
Gee Sinkers took some key grabs throughout.
Hewett was strong again - against a very high level bunch, Ward killed us most of the night. Jack was obviously great, Hanners good effort, though kicking early was the usual appalling standard.
Buddy was fairly handy. The kick in the third from 55 straight into a stiff breeze was so close...the gws members rode Buddy all night, so it was BE-U-TI-FULL he gave them what they so richly deserve.
Great fightback, so impressed, but we need a KPD and to replicate the last quarter clearances for most of a game or we are going to get pantsed sometime soon.

Last edited:
Great game to watch live today. Really impressed with the attacking mentality after half time; it was great to finally see them take the corridor. Fast ball movement killed the Giants, but I do wonder if playing so conservatively like in the first half, will get exposed real hard during finals, which then leads to the question, why not play brave football more often rather than when we're losing?

One thing was clear though, our defence is really struggling. During the first half, there was an extra loose in defence yet the Giants were still able to free themselves up. Even during the second half, it was the midfield winning it, and the Giants looked dangerous against our defensive line. Fix that up and Sydney will surprise us in September.

Just back and my voice is borderline gone from (ahem) putting pressure on the umps not to totally hand it to them. It took all my strength not to call no 32 the cheating c***t he is - in front of my kids. :eek:
Still not sure where that win came from. Couldn't figure out why Davis wasn't on Buddy till just now reading he was injured.
Seems we didn't win a clearance till 3/4 time, then we won them all.
Newman as our kpd - that ain't going to work - though he did better than he used to at defending.
Gee Sinkers took some key grabs throughout.
Hewett was strong again - against a very high level bunch, Ward killed us most of the night. Jack was obviously great, Hanners good effort, though kicking early was the usual appalling standard.
Buddy was fairly handy. The kick in the third from 55 straight into a stiff breeze was so close...the gws members rode Buddy all night, so it was BE-U-TI-FULL he gave them what they so richly deserve.
Great fightback, so impressed, but we need a KPD and to replicate the last quarter clearances for most of a game or we are going to get pantsed sometime soon.
Chant, chart, cleat, crust, crest, crunt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back