Player Watch 2018 retirements and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

More delistings by North. The development of kids at North has been thrown out of the window because they wanted to play crap seniors like Thomas, Thompson, Firrito, Swallow and other plodders instead of promising kids.

But playing those dud seniors is gonna put them in a premiership window, right?

Yeah good idea, turn this informative thread into a shitfight :thumbsu:

Given how long he was on their list without playing, that is a bizarre move. St Kilda should feel ashamed.

Why put all that effort into him.. literally get him back playing around a fortnight ago just to delist him? Potato of a club.

Really feel for Freezer.

I was super keen on West Coast drafting him in his draft year, sliding doors moment and he went the pick before us to Collingwood, we got Dom Sheed.

Is it his explosiveness that has shot his hammy’s because he wasn’t riddled with injuries at juniors level?

Or have his injuries just been managed poorly by Collingwood and St. Kilda?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2018-08-28/north-farewells-six

Hartung managed 13 games for the Kangaroos after making his way from Hawthorn at the end of the 2017 season. The 23-year-old played every match until a hamstring injury cut his season short in Round 14.
So you’re traded to North at the end of 2017, play the first 13 games in the ones only for a hamstring to finish your season. You’re then delisted at the grand old age of 23. Walk me through that?

So you’re traded to North at the end of 2017, play the first 13 games in the ones only for a hamstring to finish your season. You’re then delisted at the grand old age of 23. Walk me through that?
Wasn't traded, they drafted him with a very late pick.

Does seem weird though. Would be less weird if Gaff and Polec do come as he's basically only a winger at AFL level, but even then he would still be good depth. There has to be off-field issues there. Especially he got delisted as a best 22 player at Hawthorn.

Really feel for Freezer.

I was super keen on West Coast drafting him in his draft year, sliding doors moment and he went the pick before us to Collingwood, we got Dom Sheed.

Is it his explosiveness that has shot his hammy’s because he wasn’t riddled with injuries at juniors level?

Or have his injuries just been managed poorly by Collingwood and St. Kilda?

Both clubs have done everything they can to get him playing regularly.

Wasn't traded, they drafted him with a very late pick.

Does seem weird though. Would be less weird if Gaff and Polec do come as he's basically only a winger at AFL level, but even then he would still be good depth. There has to be off-field issues there. Especially he got delisted as a best 22 player at Hawthorn.
You would think polec or gaff is a done deal which is why they have swiftly made this move. Was never going to be a long term solution if your serious about being a contender. You need players that go when it's there turn which hartung doesn't and never will.

It was a good move, arguably one or even two years too late.

Two games in six years. I'm sorry but we don't need that.

Given his current fitness level, another club will hopefully take a punt on the kid.
What's wrong with his current fitness level?

Why? He’s not up to it.
It just feels bad sticking by a bloke for so long, pumping years of time into him, then waving goodbye when he looks like potentially cracking it. Plus that much energy when weaker characters would give up into playing again should be rewarded. FTR I would've felt the same if we didn't re-rookie AJ after last year.

I didn't even think he was that bad in the games he did play.

Freeman got to experience the bright lights one or two last times, a gift by the Saints
Look at his legs, they were scarred af
He was never gonna make it

Freeman got to experience the bright lights one or two last times, a gift by the Saints
Look at his legs, they were scarred af
He was never gonna make it
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he was given those games as a goodwill gesture and as a feelgood story for the supporter base to help them get to the end of the season, as it's not like he was dominating at VFL level.

The main thing he had going for him in the juniors by far seemed to be his extreme pace, but now that he's lost that he's probably VFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back