Multiplat NBA 2K19

Remove this Banner Ad

people on twitter seem to be able to regularly score 60+ points on 60 overalls. I really hope they keep this difficulty as an option in my career for those that just play the career mode to get badges for park and pro am
Not sure exactly how this would work, but I don’t think you can grind MyCareer for Park and Pro Am anymore. Skip to about 6:30 of this video to try and make sense of it...

Not sure exactly how this would work, but I don’t think you can grind MyCareer for Park and Pro Am anymore. Skip to about 6:30 of this video to try and make sense of it...

I dont mind that, means I probably won't play much career at all if the case.
I find Agent so cringe, he wears hoodies and sweats every vid, its just weird.

the badge progress/vc earnings are going to scale with difficulty. Finally some love for my HOFers out there.

SG pure shot creator small enough to get 86 ball control :padlock::padlock::padlock:
So glad they are giving out rewards for increased difficulty. There was no point increasing the difficulty on 2k18.

Some people on Reddit found a way to play the Prelude over and over and grind towards HOF badges already. Thankfully that's fixed now.

So glad they are giving out rewards for increased difficulty. There was no point increasing the difficulty on 2k18.

Some people on Reddit found a way to play the Prelude over and over and grind towards HOF badges already. Thankfully that's fixed now.
I'm still skeptical how its gonna work for badges like limitless range where it will be near impossible hit those shots on HOF and probably still better going for that badge on rookie

Finished the prelude. Enjoyed it, although I saw that there were objectives (like beat the All-Stars), but it pretty much makes it that you can't, and yet I don't think it did anything to change outcomes on your career or anything.
I managed to get my team over them (just, we won by two points with them failing to foul me with 5 seconds left after hitting a 3), mainly due to their offence being terrible. But it's definitely do-able.

So I usually go as a SF and after dabbling last season as a PG last night I created my first Centre (I'm one of those guys who only creates the one player each release and just sticks with him for the 12 month duration of the game). So this release I've gone with a 7 foot Defender/Rebounding Centre. Only have played the 1 game so far and finished with 19pts, 12rebs, 7dimes, 5stls & 1 block. Enjoying it thus far.

I also generally only create one build per game, but am actually keen to break that trend this year (assuming the game is good).

Can’t see myself playing as a centre for 12 months, I’ll get sick of not being able to shoot 3s or dribble eventually.

Game doesn't unlock for me til next weekend being on PC so I'm curious to see what you guys think about the differences in game play so I can day dream all week about what I want to create.

And if anyone is looking for PC buddies to play with hmu with your steam details. I'll be more than happy to smash out some myteam or mypark stuff.

I can also make a Discord server and get a bit of a community going so we can find people to play with if there's enough interest. I know finding games in our region can be tough at times. Hopefully a few of you guys are keen because this is something I'd like to do but it looks like most people play on console around these parts.

Reckon these builds are pretty good:
Center - Pure Rebounder - 7'3 - Max weight
PF - Pure Stretch 4 - 6'11 - lowest wingspan - slightly low weight
PF - Two way stretch 4 - 6'11- medium wingspan - medium weight
PF - Shot creating stretch 4 - 6'11 - lowest wingspan - very low weight
SG - Shot creating play maker - 6'3 - low wingspan - super light
PG - playmaking sharp shooter - 6'3 - low wing span - super light

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the ball handling builds are terrible. My parameters are being able to shoot a bit, dribble a bit, and having a HOF badge (no point grinding my first player without any decent reward).

Down to a pure shot creator (low speed with ball and handles), shot-creating playmaker (boring playmaker HOF badges) or pure playmaker SF (nerfed and bad badges). All the desirable builds have no HOF badges.

Considering just making a big man, I can always make a guard with no HOF second and grind everything to gold pretty quick.

The sliders are set on like rookie minus, if anything it's too easy.

60 ovr. will still be terrible in the main game etc. etc.
I’d just like some sort of scaling when it comes to difficulty. It really isn’t fun being a big man in 2K until you’ve upped your rating enough.

I made a 6'5 SG shot creating sharpshooter, loved playing the prelude with him so i may stick with it.

Didnt put up ridiculous numbers like some of you guys but i think my best game was something like 26/7/7 with 2 steals and 3/5 from three. Liked that he seemed to be able to shoot from deep already at a decent clip without upgrading at all, and could also finish around the hoop pretty well.

Its obviously on rookie though so can't take too much out of it.

Anyone do the face scan? Mine came out the best it ever has since they've had the feature.
Yeah, it came out alright. I'm gonna rescan on Friday though. The best facescan I've had was actually last year.

In terms of facescans in any games, UFC hands down.

Surprised nobody mentioned that when you get to 94 or 95 overall they give you 1 million VC and allow you to create a new player and fast forward him to a 90 overall.

I had a 92, 91 and then like 4 other builds with a little progress, hopefully that's enough to get to this start again thing if I stick with one player.

I had a 92, 91 and then like 4 other builds with a little progress, hopefully that's enough to get to this start again thing if I stick with one player.

With them bringing back the difficulty reward multiplier and it already seeming like it's easier to get VC from games, I don't think the grind will be anywhere near as bad as last year.

With them bringing back the difficulty reward multiplier and it already seeming like it's easier to get VC from games, I don't think the grind will be anywhere near as bad as last year.
I normally get NBA 2k every 2 years just as I don't play it as much... Why couldn't it be like this last year! ehhhhhh not sure whether to get this or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back