The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear this type of thing......it's drop kick politicians, it's the market, it's over investment in the grid etc etc.

Yet with 100% strike rate, where ever wind and solar has been adopted too aggressively and without the support of nuclear, hydro or geo thermal; there is expensive unreliable power.
Why do you insist on perpetuating this lie continuously? Using basic stats with absolutely no explanation or deeper thought into them.. pretty standard for someone who has an ideological cause rather than any brains.

Why do you insist on perpetuating this lie continuously? Using basic stats with absolutely no explanation or deeper thought into them.. pretty standard for someone who has an ideological cause rather than any brains.

We've waited for a decade for an example of where it has worked somewhere in the world. Instead we've just had excuses.

Surely after a decade, we would have seen a pattern already.

Please feel free to give examples if you feel it works.

We've waited for a decade for an example of where it has worked somewhere in the world. Instead we've just had excuses.

Surely after a decade, we would have seen a pattern already.

Please feel free to give examples if you feel it works.
No, you are trying to equate direct prices from one county to another without taking into account labour. You realise once you use purchasing power Denmark drops from 1 to like 8 in the world for power prices...

But hey lets keep making up s**t because you have an ideological war against renewables in your head.

No, you are trying to equate direct prices from one county to another without taking into account labour. You realise once you use purchasing power Denmark drops from 1 to like 8 in the world for power prices...

But hey lets keep making up s**t because you have an ideological war against renewables in your head.

a reasonable argument except what is the input % of labour in power? then ask yourself the purchasing power differential between Denmark and Ontario......does that explain a 5-10 times difference in power costs?

not to mention, Denmark would have been in the dark ages if not for hydro, nuclear and coal

let's get real

a reasonable argument except what is the input % of labour in power? then ask yourself the purchasing power differential between Denmark and Ontario......does that explain a 5-10 times difference in power costs?

not to mention, Denmark would have been in the dark ages if not for hydro, nuclear and coal

let's get real
I'm sure there are many reasons that you haven't gone into that are the difference between Denmark's high power prices and that of other nations...

Also Denmark barely uses Hydro, stop lying.

I'm sure there are many reasons that you haven't gone into that are the difference between Denmark's high power prices and that of other nations...

Also Denmark barely uses Hydro, stop lying.

cough cough please

take a look at the energy map and take a look at the nations to the north.

don't be embarrassed and get all silly now.

Rubbish. About 0.1% of Denmark's power comes from hydro. About 4%, all of it imported from Germany or Sweden, is nuclear. Nuclear has been banned domestically since the mid 80s. Coal accounts for less than a third, and is falling.

Rubbish. About 0.1% of Denmark's power comes from hydro. About 4%, all of it imported from Germany or Sweden, is nuclear. Nuclear has been banned domestically since the mid 80s. Coal accounts for less than a third, and is falling.

do you even know what are you even arguing about?

today Denmark was importing 30-40% of it's power from its neighbours which included their friends to the north (hydro) and Germany which also had no wind or solar generating at the time and therefore relied upon nuclear and coal.

The fact that Denmark and Germany have gone too aggressive on unreliable power means they have had to build 3-4 times more capacity than needed. This increased capex on opex can be seen in the high prices.

If it's not the case, why haven't we seen, in over a decade, a jurisdiction with high levels of installed unreliable wind and solar deliver cheap reliable power? Given that's the case, why don't we follow jurisdictions that have low emissions with cheap reliable power with hydro, geothermal and nuclear?

Apparently sometimes it's not sunny and sometimes it's not windy

upload_2018-9-7_15-59-11.png

wowee...............and SA pays a massive price for that!

#weneedreliablerenewablesnotunreliables

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_15-58-36.png
    upload_2018-9-7_15-58-36.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 54
The market is the market PowerFail. If someone wanted to come in and build a power station in Adelaide, they would. They don't because of the market. If electricity was still nationalised I'm sure it would be cheaper for South Australia... You know if you ever understood anything about the electricity market rather than passing off stats that you have no idea of the meaning behind, you would actually understand this. Go away and play in your chinese coal factory.

I was more concerned with the thousands of dead birds, seems that is just spin as I couldn't find any evidence.

You cant have looked very hard.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstitute/news/behind-the-headlines-bird-fatalities-and-wind-turbines/

https://www.kcet.org/redefine/uk-ecologist-wind-farms-driving-birds-bats-to-extinction-0

Hambler cites some distressing statistics from sources around the world. Between 6-18 million birds and bats are killed by Spanish wind farms each year Hambler says, including 400 griffon vultures per year just at Navarro. German wind turbines kill at least 200,000 bats per year, depressing populations up to 2,000 miles away. Wind turbines in the U.S. have been estimated to kill 70 bats per installed megawatt per year, on average, says Hambler. That would work out to about 320,000 bats per year in California.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The market is the market PowerFail. If someone wanted to come in and build a power station in Adelaide, they would. They don't because of the market. If electricity was still nationalised I'm sure it would be cheaper for South Australia... You know if you ever understood anything about the electricity market rather than passing off stats that you have no idea of the meaning behind, you would actually understand this. Go away and play in your chinese coal factory.

Says Captain Ultracrepidarian.

You cant have looked very hard.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstitute/news/behind-the-headlines-bird-fatalities-and-wind-turbines/

https://www.kcet.org/redefine/uk-ecologist-wind-farms-driving-birds-bats-to-extinction-0

Hambler cites some distressing statistics from sources around the world. Between 6-18 million birds and bats are killed by Spanish wind farms each year Hambler says, including 400 griffon vultures per year just at Navarro. German wind turbines kill at least 200,000 bats per year, depressing populations up to 2,000 miles away. Wind turbines in the U.S. have been estimated to kill 70 bats per installed megawatt per year, on average, says Hambler. That would work out to about 320,000 bats per year in California.
Good way to get rid of bats.

My original question was about birds in the USA but from the first link:
In reality, the threat posed to bird species by climate change is arguably far greater than the threat posed by wind farms and turbines.

The second link was from an essay in The Spectator, = rag-ignored.

Good way to get rid of bats.

My original question was about birds in the USA but from the first link:
In reality, the threat posed to bird species by climate change is arguably far greater than the threat posed by wind farms and turbines.

The second link was from an essay in The Spectator, = rag-ignored.

So the USA has special non bird killing turbines? FFS.

Wind turbines will do two thirds of stuff all to adress climate change. The maths simply doesnt work.

as for calling the Spectator a rag, you are just displaying your ignorance. Its hardly a tabloid.

So the USA has special non bird killing turbines? FFS.

Wind turbines will do two thirds of stuff all to adress climate change. The maths simply doesnt work.

as for calling the Spectator a rag, you are just displaying your ignorance. Its hardly a tabloid.
You left out the key sentence.
Showing your ignorance by admitting you read The Spectator.

I got given a years subscription to the Speccy by a right wing mate as a gag gift, the book reviews are good but it gave me great pleasure to use it to line my kitty's scratching trays.

Its parent co is run by Andrew Neil. Very few would argue he isnt the best political journo in the UK. Has long had his own politics show on the BBC as well.

Anyway back to bird killing. YOu laughed at it. Such compassion.

Its parent co is run by Andrew Neil. Very few would argue he isnt the best political journo in the UK. Has long had his own politics show on the BBC as well.

You again avoided the key statement in that first link.

Don't you worry about my compassion, think that you may need to have to some to be able to judge. Hint!

In know Bozza edited it for a while but the first Australian editor was Oscar Humphries, son of Barry and fine art dealer, hardly a heavyweight. It's a magazine for the Malcolm Turnbull's of this world. I'm surprised you bother with it.

ebb1ICJD

Labor offers a $4838 battery bonanza for homes with solar panels “Only Labor will put solar panels,solar hot water,solar batteries on 720,000 homes – saving Victorians 1000s of $$ on their electricity bills with renewable energy”

It simply doesn't work anywhere. Trust engineers and not humpty greens.

It simply doesn't work anywhere. Trust engineers and not humpty greens.

Yes this happens a lot. Inventions are made & just don't seem to be doing the job of replacing what people are use to. Back in the day people railed against the spinning jenny, the steam monster on rails, horseless carriage & the flying contraptions that often fell apart or crashed.

But hey, guess what!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back