Autopsy Positives and Negatives: Up the Bloody Coasters edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Great shout. Between that, Ryan’s celebration early and JK uncorking the Hulk Hogan, what a day for goal celebrations.

30cb9c91a417ddfd47f1ed2d80d933ce.gif
My man lookin slippery as a sealion.

Damn the steroid use back then was wild.

Ive never seen a ball hit a goal umpire on the line, two games in a row against us, are these muppets playing goal keeper??

Should be treated like a field umpire. Was in play, play on and goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ve Thought the minute silence for Margaret Varcoe before the national anthem was a nice touch and very well respected by the crowd - I didn't hear any noise where I was sitting

-ve the silence in the media about it will be just as total because it doesn't fit the narrative of a hostile eagles crowd

Oh another huge positive was having a bevvy at the royal after the game and had the post game wrap on the TV. All the pricktorians looked devastated

Last edited:
+ crowd noise in the last quarter was immense

- I may have deafened the Collingwood supporter sitting next to me

Should be treated like a field umpire. Was in play, play on and goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so too but I googled and found the rules. If umpires think the ball hitting an umpire affects a score, then they stop play and adjudicate what the score would be. If the ball hits an umpire and they think it doesn't affect a score, play continues.

Basically, the umpires decide whatever they want. Pretty much like every damn rule in existence.

I thought so too but I googled and found the rules. If umpires think the ball hitting an umpire affects a score, then they stop play and adjudicate what the score would be. If the ball hits an umpire and they think it doesn't affect a score, play continues.

Basically, the umpires decide whatever they want. Pretty much like every damn rule in existence.
I always thought that when a ball hits the umpire it's play on. So there are different rules depending on which umpire the ball hits?
Show's how much I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try the JLT Freo game. Absolutely doing a best of thread this week. Passion is one thing but how’s the melts - have some faith and a pair @everyoneonhere
Include my comment how i was correct we went out to play without a game plan and just get minutes in and some campaigner thought it was funny enough to put on reddit as me having my head in the sand :moustache:

I'm not going to bother with what the rules say the goal review should have been but I was pleased it was given as a point

The ball was clearly going to smash into the post if the goal umpire wasn't in the way and as much as I wanted us to win the fallout if that was called a goal would've been unbearable

It was the right call

What is going on with Shuey? Can beat Hawks with him playing crap but will struggle to beat Melbourne and definitely wont beat Richmond unless he fires

YeH nah

He was ok without being great

But geez redden yeo were good ....sheed was very useful also

Sheed has come back well ...goal he kicked was needed

Found some interesting comments about us on the Collingwood board:
glad i didnt fly over there

probably would of got arrested with those pathetic eagles fans

booing adams when the poor bastard was half knocked out and then cheering that criminal gaff when his mug was on the screen

**** there a joke of a supporter base deadset
They're not even a proper club. Members get no say. They're basically just a corporation.
And their fans know nothing about football. They boo everything trying to get cheap frees. Adams gets concussed tonight and they boo him. Without a doubt the most clueless and feral supporters in the AFL. They do not support the club. Their entire being is some weird patriotic thing about WA. They don't even have a location... At least Gold Coast is a city. WTF is West Coast? May as well have a team called East Coast... anyone from Melbourne to Cairns can lay claim to it.
They have always been worst in the league in my book.

They typify the idiotic and mindless WA parochialism. And are egged on by the WA media who really play on it too.

I just hope and pray the Dees come over here and smash them in two weeks.

Bad luck tonight guys. Really thought you had it. Good luck next week.
I live in Perth for 4 years. West Coast are the Carlton of WA -- basically, the world would be a better place if there was a scorched earth policy against them.

Is there something a bit not quite right about west coast supporters.
What the hell is it with all the booing.
Do they actually know what they are booing.
It was so annoying.
I love that we can scream and shout and boo at times because our game is hard to adjudicate, but these morons boo even the most obvious of free kicks.
I have never been fond of WC supporters.

Found some interesting comments about us on the Collingwood board:

Melt all week ...wait to gws smash them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back