Autopsy Positives and Negatives: Up the Bloody Coasters edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think we can win the flag with Le Cras in the side? I thought he was one of our worst. For a veteran I thought he panicked a lot.

Venables did play OK in the last but he was our worst player by far for three quarters. Looked overwhelmed. I've argued that while in time he will be a gun, he doesn't have the tank yet.

Hopefully Shcoey will come in for Shep. I would love to see Oscar Allen come in to play as a third tall up forward as a replacement for Venners.

Thoughts?

Finding it interesting in the first step.
Learning is the second.
Thanks for quoting me by the way CM.
First time I have been on your board.
And as much as it pains me to say it.
Congrats on the win.

Seriously though. What's with all the booing?
I've watched plenty of footy on both sides of the country and we don't boo any more or less than anyone else. Every game I watch on tv has booing fans but seems people only hear it at Eagles games. Seriously some of the complete rubbish I've had to listen to sitting among Pie fans in Melbourne would put you off footy for life but them Eagles fans are the worst. At least we don't kick s**t outa opposition fans after the game.
Give it a rest.

Actually it is a bit hard to understand.
You guys aren't GCS or GWS.
There supporters don't understand the game and have no idea what they are yelling about.
You guys live in a passionate football State. You know and understand the game.
Booing obvious free kicks just seem a bit.....weird.

Anyway, once again congratulations on your victory, and thanks for allowing me to have my say on your thread.

It's a good question, because it does seem to be different to how other supporters go about things.

It's fun to boo. It's fun to join in collective things in general. Eagles fans (in WA, at least) boo as a collective, so it's fun^2.

I don't really think it's about the game itself at all, as far as I see it. It's a cultural thing, not an evaluation of an event in the game but an enjoyable feedback loop that builds up like an auditory mexican wave.

Got a link as this is completely incorrect

http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=36381723

Page 36

Clarification and Examples
For the avoidance of doubt:
(a) if the football touches an Umpire, and in the opinion of the field
and/or goal Umpire it has affected a score, play will be stopped
and the Umpires will determine if a score should be recorded;
(b) if the football touches an Umpire or any Official, and in the opinion
of the field and/or goal Umpire it has not affected a score, the
football shall remain in play;

Found some interesting comments about us on the Collingwood board:

Must be one of those toothless pie supporters shy of an education - can't even spell correctly, or rather not knowing the correct form of there, their and they're. I thought that was drummed into kids in primary school.

I'm not entirely certain where the booing comes from but it sure does make a hell of a noise. I will say this though - there are times when opposition supporters/ media/ commentators completely misread what we are booing.

For example, I've seen several references to us booing Adams when he was concussed when that wasn't the case. Rightly or wrongly there was a view that Yeo should have got the free kick for contact below the knees and I've seen instances where a player crashes into a players legs diving on a ball has been penalised so it's not a view without credence

Agree with this. People hear booing and see Adams concussed on the TV and assume he's being booed. I actually find it a bit weird people actually fall for this so often. Crowds are watching a game played on a massive surface, so are not necessarily reacting to what the TV is showing. I have no doubt the crowd was booing because of the free against their own player... which surprisingly is how most crowds react, particularly in intense games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. People hear booing and see Adams concussed on the TV and assume he's being booed. I actually find it a bit weird people actually fall for this so often. Crowds are watching a game played on a massive surface, so are not necessarily reacting to what the TV is showing. I have no doubt the crowd was booing because of the free against their own player... which surprisingly is how most crowds react, particularly in intense games.
Yep, crowd was booing because we thought Yeo should've received the free, as he got to the ball first.

Anyone think we can win the flag with Le Cras in the side? I thought he was one of our worst. For a veteran I thought he panicked a lot.

Venables did play OK in the last but he was our worst player by far for three quarters. Looked overwhelmed. I've argued that while in time he will be a gun, he doesn't have the tank yet.

Hopefully Shcoey will come in for Shep. I would love to see Oscar Allen come in to play as a third tall up forward as a replacement for Venners.

Thoughts?

Agree Lecras looks slow in fast paced high intensity finals footy

Venebales is going to be a gun...just lacks that finishing polish... the big occasion seemed to get to him at times

I'm rooting for you guys now.... Pies smashed you out of the centre until last quarter.

Melbourne are seriously fast too.

Page 36

Point would appear to be the correct call then.

We don't need to explain ourselves to you. You're a parrot.
Piss off.
TBH he's been reasonable in his posts so let's not go down the path of abusing opposition supporters just for posting here

The numpties that don't behave are dealt with

You'll find this board (probably like every other board) is much more conversive > 24 hours after a game :) a lot of posters here enjoy supporters from other teams dropping in, as long as they remember who their audience is
Cheers mate.
I didn't think I said anything disrespectful and was just engaging in a bit of what I thought was friendly chat after a I had been tagged into here.

Page 36

Well Ill be ****ed. So the dodgy campaigners changed the rules did they.

Used to be all umpires were play on no matter what.

Ball hits goal umpire and goes through for a goal then its a goal.

Allowing these muppets to decide is aaking for trouble.

TBH he's been reasonable in his posts so let's not go down the path of abusing opposition supporters just for posting here

The numpties that don't behave are dealt with

Parroting vic media garbage about booing, not knowing the rules and Eddie being a great human being etc as though they are discussion-worthy can leg it IMHO, particularly in this thread.

But hey, you're the boss.

Well Ill be ******. So the dodgy campaigners changed the rules did they.

Used to be all umpires were play on no matter what.

Ball hits goal umpire and goes through for a goal then its a goal.

Allowing these muppets to decide is aaking for trouble.

NEXT TIME BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I GOOGLED IT!!

Parroting vic media garbage about booing, not knowing the rules and Eddie being a great human being etc as though they are discussion-worthy can leg it IMHO, particularly in this thread.

But hey, you're the boss.
I'm not sure where your anger is coming from.
Your team just had a great win and will be hosting a home prelim.
Should be happy days.
I got tagged into here, I didn't just venture in.
C'mon the Eddie stuff was obviously a bit of sarcastic fun.
I will go now, as I can see that my being here is upsetting you.
Not sure why, you should be as happy as hell right now.

I'm not sure where your anger is coming from.
Your team just had a great win and will be hosting a home prelim.
Should be happy days.
I got tagged into here, I didn't just venture in.
C'mon the Eddie stuff was obviously a bit of sarcastic fun.
I will go now, as I can see that my being here is upsetting you.
Not sure why, you should be as happy as hell right now.
Im just a random lurker but you seem like a good sort, we have some idiots on our board same with all teams, dont take it personally. Was obvious your eddy comment was a joke. Your boys played real well was an awesome game, ggod luck next week and UP THE BLOODY COASTERS!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back