Autopsy Positives and Negatives: Up the Bloody Coasters edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So what is the actual ruling on that situation? I was under the impression that if it hits the ump it's still in play?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ah no

They try to work out where the ball was going ...

In this instance tight call was made

Found some interesting comments about us on the Collingwood board:
Finding it interesting in the first step.
Learning is the second.
Thanks for quoting me by the way CM.
First time I have been on your board.
And as much as it pains me to say it.
Congrats on the win.

Seriously though. What's with all the booing?

Learning is the second.
Congrats on the win.

make more noise, display of passion and affection for team. creates intimidating atmosphere. not hard to understand

Learning is the second.
Congrats on the win.

You all act like we're the only supporters that boo in the history of afl. Funnily enough when I watch all games biased supporters boo decisions and call baaaaall every ****ing time an opposition player gets tackled. I guess it's just more noticeable when there's 55000 God damn legends making noise.

make more noise, display of passion and affection for team. creates intimidating atmosphere. not hard to understand
Actually it is a bit hard to understand.
You guys aren't GCS or GWS.
There supporters don't understand the game and have no idea what they are yelling about.
You guys live in a passionate football State. You know and understand the game.
Booing obvious free kicks just seem a bit.....weird.

Anyway, once again congratulations on your victory, and thanks for allowing me to have my say on your thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It means it get's results, you stupid chief

lqakawxd0a211.jpg

There supporters don't understand the game and have no idea what they are yelling about.

Anyway, once again congratulations on your victory, and thanks for allowing me to have my say on your thread.
why wouldn't you? the crowd is there to try and influence every decision the umpires make and intimidate the opposition team.

+
your resilience
back line
forwards
crowd

_
your midfield....got to sought it out b4 prelim...
gaff loss is huge... you need some more fuel in there
Your back 6 keep you in it... but for how much longer

and if you don't mind me saying....

UP THE COASTERS!!
It's "up the bloody coasters" mate, get it right or I'll card you :mad:

I thought so too but I googled and found the rules. If umpires think the ball hitting an umpire affects a score, then they stop play and adjudicate what the score would be. If the ball hits an umpire and they think it doesn't affect a score, play continues.

Basically, the umpires decide whatever they want. Pretty much like every damn rule in existence.
Got a link as this is completely incorrect

Learning is the second.
Congrats on the win.

Sorry, that was accidental. I didn't mean to quote you.

Last edited:

All opposition teams boo free kicks. Melbourne teams don't notice it because there's usually an approximately equal number of supporters for each team at the games over there. Over here, most of the patrons support THE MIGHTY WEST COAST EAGLES!! Hence, it sounds like we are all booing every free kick. Trust me, we're not.

I'm not entirely certain where the booing comes from but it sure does make a hell of a noise. I will say this though - there are times when opposition supporters/ media/ commentators completely misread what we are booing.

For example, I've seen several references to us booing Adams when he was concussed when that wasn't the case. Rightly or wrongly there was a view that Yeo should have got the free kick for contact below the knees and I've seen instances where a player crashes into a players legs diving on a ball has been penalised so it's not a view without credence

+++ Tommy Barrass - F all the campaigners calling for him to be dropped! Saved about 10 marking opportunities inside 50 for the Pies in the 3rd qtr alone.

+ Redden went hard all night

+ seeing unhappy Eddie on the big screen

- Shep, would have been so handy running out of defence.

- forward line was dysfunctional for half the game, thank god they got it together and JK got his groove back

I'm not going to bother with what the rules say the goal review should have been but I was pleased it was given as a point

The ball was clearly going to smash into the post if the goal umpire wasn't in the way and as much as I wanted us to win the fallout if that was called a goal would've been unbearable

It was the right call
It was the wrong call.

Dont let theatre get in the way of an actual rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Back