Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many hours did people put in to 100% the game.

Surely close to 200?

It seems a strange choice, blood line being so important in her case. Also kinda got the feeling Emyr is a little bigoted. I get the need for representation but think it’s better to retcon new characters than change the identity of established ones. Chuck in a Zerrakanian Witcher or two.

Because then people complain that POC characters are being relegated to minor roles and it's not fair.

Wouldn't even need to be new characters imo - could easily be secondary, but still important, characters like Dandelion, whose physical appearance isn't emphasised in the source material

Agree with this

Is Cavil allowed to grow facial hair, or will it have to be CGI altered?

Why wouldn't he be able to, if he needs to go play superman in a hurry it's a 5 minute job with a razor and he's ready to go

Also this bloke sums it up pretty well imo

Geralt has to be the most sarcastic superhero since DeadPool.

I especially love his sighs when he's forced on another mission to go rescue a goat or a pig or whatever

How many hours did people put in to 100% the game.

Surely close to 200?
I put in over 180 hours over the the game and both DLCs but I didn't actually do any of the gwent quests until completing the main game so I'm pretty sure there a a few miss-able gwent-related quests I didn't do. I also didn't do all the treasure quests, so technically didn't 100% the game

I put in over 180 hours over the the game and both DLCs but I didn't actually do any of the gwent quests until completing the main game so I'm pretty sure there a a few miss-able gwent-related quests I didn't do. I also didn't do all the treasure quests, so technically didn't 100% the game

Yeah I'm not a fan of card games so won't be doing the Gwent challenges. But I plan on completing everything else

Yeah I'm not a fan of card games so won't be doing the Gwent challenges. But I plan on completing everything else
Gwent's actually a lot more fun than I thought it'd be.

After completing the main game, I did go back and play all the gwent games I could that could win me a card, and then played (and won) all the tournaments.

FWIW I'm pretty sure the first miss-able gwent card has to be won prior to leaving White Orchard

Man only 10? I think i spent a week running around looking for cards and people to play. :p

Yeah that was one of the few things I went and finished 100% spent ages running around getting the missing cards. Lost count of how many times I had to reload during the B&W Gwent tournament trying to get the trophy.

Gwent does get a bit easy when you can drop a full spy northern realms deck though, basically never lose because the AI isn't very good.

Gwent does get a bit easy when you can drop a full spy northern realms deck though, basically never lose because the AI isn't very good.

That is half the fun though. Trying to see how high you can get your score in a single round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone here end up trying the standalone Gwent game online? I haven't, but it looked pretty interesting.

Yeah it's pretty meh just another card game hard to stay interested

Also this bloke sums it up pretty well imo

Is this person offended by Cavill being cast? He certainly isn't Polish. Almost nobody in the cast will be. If his offense is merely centered on Ciri, rather than every other character, then his offense is misplaced. I can certainly understand why a Polish person would love to see Polish representation on television, particularly given the country's history, but this seems convenient to me: it is okay if the other white characters aren't Polish but casting a black character? God no!

As it is 'minority background' could imply anything. The actress could end up being Mediterranean for all we know and what sort of monster wouldn't want a Spanish Ciri?

Have to say in the game, all the bits playing as Ciri should have been cut. They break the immersion and they feel jarring. The less actually shown of Ciri, the better the mythology could have been surrounding her.

Is this person offended by Cavill being cast? He certainly isn't Polish. Almost nobody in the cast will be. If his offense is merely centered on Ciri, rather than every other character, then his offense is misplaced. I can certainly understand why a Polish person would love to see Polish representation on television, particularly given the country's history, but this seems convenient to me: it is okay if the other white characters aren't Polish but casting a black character? God no!

As it is 'minority background' could imply anything. The actress could end up being Mediterranean for all we know and what sort of monster wouldn't want a Spanish Ciri?

I understand your point but I think that's being a little bit straw man. The author probably should have said European. Sapkowski based the kingdoms off real nations and cultures and Nilfgaard is very Dutch inspired. This isn't one for us to argue anyway. I've had many eastern European friends and still know lots through music and they really don't give a s**t about the social issues and identity politics of the west so we're not going to be able to justify the author's point by our own reasoning. His user name is pretty funny though lol.

The actress could end up being Mediterranean for all we know and what sort of monster wouldn't want a Spanish Ciri?
How many fair/ashen haired, green-eyed Spaniards do you know?

and they really don't give a s**t about the social issues and identity politics of the west
I think, much like Japan and the furore over the casting of ScarJo in The Ghost in the Shell, the ethnic homogeneity of these countries* means that issues of ethnic diversity/racial discrimination aren't part of their social consciousness as they generally don't interact with people of other ethnicities in daily life.

*IIRC Poland is something like 98% ethnically Polish and the rest is basically central and eastern European, and Japan is similarly ethnically Japanese

Back