What does your gut/instincts tell you about the prelim and possibly gf?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is so perfect for us.

Melbourne nowhere near as good as they think they are, getting the win put up em, think they know finals after 2 home game vs soft opponents. Beat us last time so we are ready for them. They think what they brought last time is anywhere near whats needed this sat. 29 degress forecast.

They are about to find out

29 degrees? Where are you getting your forecast from - I only ask because the forecast for Thurs is 22, Friday is 24. It's highly improbable especially in the first month of spring for the gauge to jump 5 degrees. It's usually more gradual. Usually a September +25 degree day is bought about by E (or NE winds if there is a trough off the coast), neither I can see in the synoptic of happening.

Don't get me wrong though I hope you're right for the game sake, and because I hate cold weather and am impatient to get a taste of summer.

Possibly. I think they are the real deal, but while their pressure is good, there are still holes in their game.
29 degrees? Where are you getting your forecast from - I only ask because the forecast for Thurs is 22, Friday is 24. It's highly improbable especially in the first month of spring for the gauge to jump 5 degrees. It's usually more gradual. Usually a September +25 degree day is bought about by E (or NE winds if there is a trough off the coast), neither I can see in the synoptic of happening.

Don't get me wrong though I hope you're right for the game sake, and because I hate cold weather and am impatient to get a taste of summer.

14 day weather forecast

I choose to believe....

Regardless, should be sunny

Anyway my point is, they think they know finals. They dont. 2 games at home vs weak opposition vs the hardest place to win an away prelim in the history of the sport.

This Eagles team is a different group. It has a different feel. Them beating us 4 weeks ago helps. We know we need to be ready. We will be. And the tide is coming. They wont be ready, they think they know but they dont.

They are about to find out.

There is so much negativity on this board, and I get it, I have done that both here and off here. Always second guessing us. But we are better than them. In every measure. And they will under rate us like everyone else. And I back us in, with 50000 Eagles screaming behind them.

They will know what finals truly is after Saturday

This is so perfect for us.

Melbourne nowhere near as good as they think they are, getting the win put up em, think they know finals after 2 home game vs soft opponents. Beat us last time so we are ready for them. They think what they brought last time is anywhere near whats needed this sat. 29 degress forecast.

They are about to find out
Agree with this, they’re not bad on their day but we should definitely take this out. Everyone’s underestimating what happened last time we played them. Undefeated with JK and JD in the side and were without both about halfway through the first. Add to that the fact we were a rotation down yet we still should’ve arguably won it. If we’re less than 15 points down halfway through the 3rd/heading into the last I’d back us in to run over them..

Hate to keep bringing it up but it’s extremely frustrating and sad how much we’d be dominating with all our guys out there. We’d be wiping the floor with all these teams and taking it right up to Richmond. Would be a clear top 2 teams (still really should be).

Was at the game and had a feeling we'd run over them. The loading seems to have paid off. I think we can match it with any team if we win our share of the clearances, especially the centre where we got spanked bar the last quarter.

My main concern now is Lecca who was by far our worst last week. I've been a massive fan of his over the years but he looks cooked and was our slowest player by far. Got caught with the ball nearly every time he took possession, finished with 40% disposal efficiency, the worst in the team and only laid 2 tackles. Venables played the least minutes for us bar Shep but you can see he's got the class and explosiveness that's required against a high talent outfit like Collingwood, who looked cleaner, fumbled far less than us, and have more talent in general.

I know Simmo won't drop Lecca now as there's no other small forward banging down the door but it's a concern as the intensity will go up another gear next week against probably Melbourne. He needs to be coming off the bench now with most of his minutes going to Ryan and Venables.
Re-watch the last quarter closely and notice that Lecca setup both of Darling's goals (he kicked directly to him both times). Without him we would have lost.

At least if Melbourne win they have a crack at breaking the drought and it'll be exciting. Hawks Tigers GF would be horrible.
Weak as piss. Melbourne are the VFL's latest lovechild. Luckily we give zero f**** about the VFL and will fly the flag for WA yet again. I'm convinced we'll go all the way and will be hated for it, like the arrogant campaigners we are.

Man, Hawthorn with a sore Mitchell and injured JOM would have absolutely ideal!

Absolutely ******* ideal.

Goddamnit Hawks you spuds
Bloody spuds. Why couldn't they have phoned it in like that in 2015. Clarko the "master coach" has gone out in straight sets the last two times he has made top 4.

Agree with this, they’re not bad on their day but we should definitely take this out. Everyone’s underestimating what happened last time we played them. Undefeated with JK and JD in the side and were without both about halfway through the first. Add to that the fact we were a rotation down yet we still should’ve arguably won it. If we’re less than 15 points down halfway through the 3rd/heading into the last I’d back us in to run over them..

Hate to keep bringing it up but it’s extremely frustrating and sad how much we’d be dominating with all our guys out there. We’d be wiping the floor with all these teams and taking it right up to Richmond. Would be a clear top 2 teams (still really should be).
I'm pretty sure JK has never lost to the dees in his career. He certainly didn't play in their last two wins.

Coming over to Perth, in a hostile environment with the weight of expectation on their shoulders
By the same token they really have nothing to lose - they never would have gone into this season expecting a flag, and no one would have expected them to go far in finals

People expected us to miss finals at the start of the year, but were flag fancies after a few months, and are playing at home after finishing the season 2nd

Melbourne have been playing some decent footy over the last month, and certainly have some talent in their squad.

Coming over to Perth, in a hostile environment with the weight of expectation on their shoulders - I can easily see them shitting the bed completely.
To be fair they have played in front of ninety thousand the last few weeks. They won't s**t the bed this will be a dog fight !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look through the stats from the last time we played them. They took 19 marks inside 50 to our 8. Melksham took 10 marks, nd kicked 4 goals. No chance he does that again, we probably didn’t pay him enough respect to be fair. They kicked 16.12 so could’ve had the game won’t much earlier, but looked like they’d choke towards the end. We got smashed in clearances but almost broke even in hitouts, so shows that Gawn is probably less of a worry than their ground ball mids that smashed us (and will likely again)

With JK and JD back, means we don’t have to play gov forward which will counter their marks inside 50.

They turned the ball over a lot last time, and did in both their finals, they were lucky that Hawks and Geelong are s**t going inside 50. If we can get enough entries, which I think we will at home, we’ll kick a good score.

Think the return of Jk and JD will be overlooked by most over east and they’ll use the last time we played as their basis on tipping Melbourne this week. They also all tipped Collingwood last week, so I wouldn’t read too much into that garbage.

Gut feels like we can do Melb, with Richmond in the GF we could get over them if we play out of our skin, with Gaff, NicNat and Sheppard I'd be pretty confident for the GF win.

Bloody spuds. Why couldn't they have phoned it in like that in 2015. Clarko the "master coach" has gone out in straight sets the last two times he has made top 4.
Swapping guys like Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell out for Hardwick, Impey and Henderson is a fair downgrade in class though. Plus Burgoyne looks like father time has caught him suddenly - it was like his feet were nailed to the turf last night.

I’d say making the top 4 with that team cements his spot as a master coach, not sure how anyone could question that.

14 day weather forecast

There is so much negativity on this board, and I get it, I have done that both here and off here. Always second guessing us. But we are better than them. In every measure. And they will under rate us like everyone else. And I back us in, with 50000 Eagles screaming behind them.

They will know what finals truly is after Saturday

This is just not true. Their midfield is miles ahead. When you have a sub-par midfield compounded by LeCras and Lycett, it makes it much harder.
- LeCras only lasted half a season and has been poor the last month. I know that he wants to go on as it's a high paying job, but just retire LeCras. Your time in the sun is well and truly gone. None of the other top teams are carrying poor performing elder statesman.
- Lycett has always been a pure spud and is now getting found out - No injuries or Naitanui to hide against now Lycett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back