Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues rate him at pick 15-20, Adelaide rates him at 10-15, so something will get done eventually.

Could be on big money given he’s on $650,000 a year at the Crows and feels he is underpaid.
Pay him "big money" but then don't rate him being worth a good pick. Who knows what his manager is whispering in his ear if he feels he's underpaid at $650K a year.

I have no idea where he is going but due to his slience and their involvement in the current season could West Coast (or Collingwood to back what FAITH is saying) be a major player?

Lynch to Richmond, can not see that occouring and have heard nothing linking him to Melbourne

If the next 10 years play out like the last 10, the AFL will face a problem of relevance outside Vic.
The impression I've gotten since Free Agency has come in is that there is more talent (quality not quantity) entering Victoria than leaving. Once the talent on GWS' list from all their entry concessions dries up, it won't surprise me if the most non-Victorian sides we see participating in preliminary finals in any given year is two at most. I suspect in the next decade to come we'll see more Victorian teams rebuilding quicker, having longer runs at the top of the ladder and winning more premierships than their interstate competitors.

No it values Gov and a second round pick, likely to be 22 as securing a number 3 pick in the draft. The points system is only of value towards matching a bid on draft night, nothing more.
Absolutely. some carlton idiot on the main board had such a hard time understanding this that I got banned from the thread and he kept on being allowed to post..hypocritical carlton mods.

Anyway, I couldn't care less if it valued him at pick 15 or pick 22 - it is the result of the deal that is important. If McGovern and Pick 19 secured pick 3, the deal would be done so fast that Mitch's legs would not hit the ground until he lobbed on the GC from our perspective. That gets us either Lukosius / Rankine or if the recruiters were so inclined - Smith or one of the King twins.

2 separate issues. But you're right, I'm very consistent in potting the club for playing injured players, neither Greenwood or Talia should have lined up in that game. If the Tigers went with more than 1 tall forward, a hampered Talia would have been worth playing ahead of the next best. But as it was, we didn't have a match up for at least one of our 3 tall defenders, so one needed to be an unlucky omission. On Gov, there's my conspiracy and then there's the poster who claims to have inside info. My conspiracy has been that he was perfectly right to go but our selectors wouldn't drop Andy Otten after a preliminary win because we don't make those kinds of decisions. And if this occurred it would be a case of cracking the shits, not losing faith, so your response isn't relevant to my conspiracy. The poster who has the inside info that prompted my post stated that Gov thought he should miss a couple of games at the end of the year to get an ongoing niggle right but the club chose to play him. He then did his hammy, missed the GF and that is why he could have lost faith in the selectors. Unfortunately, that would ruin my conspiracy theory, but it's the version that prompted my post about not begrudging a player (or coach) leaving because they've lost faith in the footy dept.

This story supports the posters version.

https://www.zerohanger.com/morris-reveals-the-real-reason-behind-mcgoverns-trade-request-23459/

Pay him "big money" but then don't rate him being worth a good pick. Who knows what his manager is whispering in his ear if he feels he's underpaid at $650K a year.
He's not on $650k here.

Is this the main forum? The mod is a Carlton supporter.

I got warned for suggesting Carlton are about 5 years away from being a premiership threat. Apparently its happening sooner than that lol.
Malifice has twice banned me. Once was because I went pick by pick through SOS time at GWS and pointed out how s**t his drafting was.

That’s what they said 5 years ago

This time last year they said they’d come 9th-11th

Turns out they won 2 games , can’t stand them ! They’re rubbish so it’s great

Do you remember how their coach was saying its "only" a 66 game rebuild lol. Talk about spinning s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how even when you take the pre-season camp out of the equation, you can still trace back McGovern's trade request to the incompetence of our fitness and conditioning staff. If they really refused to rest Gov in the lead up to finals after he told them he was sore, he has every right to be livid with the club.

Honestly not sure I believe this tbh. Why on earth would we not rest Gov when we were a game or two clear on top of the ladder? That doesn't make any sense. If we were sitting in 9th and trying to break into the 8, I could understand it.

It's funny how even when you take the pre-season camp out of the equation, you can still trace back McGovern's trade request to the incompetence of our fitness and conditioning staff. If they really refused to rest Gov in the lead up to finals after he told them he was sore, he has every right to be livid with the club.

Honestly not sure I believe this tbh. Why on earth would we not rest Gov when we were a game or two clear on top of the ladder? That doesn't make any sense. If we were sitting in 9th and trying to break into the 8, I could understand it.
I’ve lost all trust in Mitch McGovern’s personality

Not his talent but he’s definitely a bit entitled

If he goes to Carlton or GC for cash we will know for sure what motivates him

I’ve lost all trust in Mitch McGovern’s personality

Not his talent but he’s definitely a bit entitled

If he goes to Carlton or GC for cash we will know for sure what motivates him
Frankly I'm not sure I believe the story. I'm more inclined to believe the dispute is about money.

I don't think we should be calling him entitled until we have all the facts though. I'll play devils advocate. The story says Gov informed the club he was sore and they told him to suck it up, next thing he does his hammy and he's missing the Grand Final. I think any rational human being would be ******* pissed off with the club's mismanagement. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't even entertain the possibility of this but I've seen Burton/Hass's body of work and I have no faith in either of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back