Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know when our exit interviews would be completed for additional delistings? Graham just posted an Instagram story that looks like he's training at Princes Park, is that a sign he might survive into 2019?
After trade period. Graham, Kerridge, Lamb, Rowe and Wright all in limbo for new contracts.

As an aside,

Is anyone of the belief, or heard any rumours, that 'under the table' deals are still being made?

I'd be surprised if they're not, just much more complex deals

Was Kieran Collins the mature age player taken in the same draft as Weitering that the dogs thought would be their KPD for 10 years? Or am I thinking of someone else? What happened to him?

I think since seeing Bulldogs, Collingwood and Richmond over the last few years people are no longer sure who's in a premiership window. They did show some really good signs in the second half of the year. Francis and Parish who three months ago were thought as possible bust started looking the goods and add an AA CHF and an AA midfielder (Shiel) to cover their biggest weakness and they could be a threat.

Francis I see potential. Parish is a long way off.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cool little insight re Collins Crippa#9

I dare say we're not the only one looking at him, but training with us indicates we may be keenest.

Like it - as he could be a perfect replacement for Rowe. Delisting shows Dogs did not rate him, but we know he worked in tandem with Weitering in u18s so worth a shot as an upgrade on JGM as a rookie for Zero trade cost.

Was Kieran Collins the mature age player taken in the same draft as Weitering that the dogs thought would be their KPD for 10 years? Or am I thinking of someone else? What happened to him?

He's not mature age, just looks 20 years older than he is.

Not a fan given his lack of mobility but would be OK with it as a DFA or rookie given we do need another lock down defender.

Could just as easily be there to talk to the Northern Blues.

Like it - as he could be a perfect replacement for Rowe. Delisting shows Dogs did not rate him, but we know he worked in tandem with Weitering in u18s so worth a shot as an upgrade on JGM as a rookie for Zero trade cost.

This is the thing that makes this viable for me. Weitering and Collins were perfect foils for each other at TAC level. Being able to know what your teammate will do is half the job done.

Didn't we draft Kennedy to help Cripps? Surely we're can pick up a cheap mature age instead. I'm not sure Shiel is the right player to be helping Cripps as they play different styles. My concern with Shiel is he can really only play one position.
The most important position on the ground?? Midfielder

As an aside,

Is anyone of the belief, or heard any rumours, that 'under the table' deals are still being made?

I'd be surprised if they're not, just much more complex deals
I can’t 100% give you evidence of one, but I would honestly be shocked if they aren’t.

We had a club systematically try to use drugs to get an edge on the competition, I find it hard to believe no club would be finding wealthy memembers to employee players on the side, or nice cheap property investments. How many players these days have some link to a restaurant?

I’d suggest the AFL knows too and simply ignores it unless one club goes too far with it and does something over what the other 17 clubs do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back